Chapter 33

Kidnap Me Hyung

 

"You saved me." Taemin breathed, eyes wide.

Onew was gasping for air, in disbelief of what happened.

There had been a car, speeding through a light.... Taemin had been crossing..... and then Onew was there, wrapping his arms around the younger’s waist and yanking him back onto the sidewalk.

They were currently laying on the cool ground, Taemin sprawled on top of Onew, Onew’s arms wrapped tightly around his waist. The two stared at each other for a moment, faces mirroring their shock.

Taemin's palms stung from where they had grated against the concrete, and his heart threatened to beat it's way out of his chest. In his mind, he replayed the scene, Onew's terrified face clear as day.  

Taemin wanted to smack himself. How couldn't have been so careless, knowing Onew had already experienced something like this once, with much worse results. A shiver ran through Taemin at the thought.

He could have died. If Onew hadn't pulled him back, he would be nothing but a stain against the pavement. He would have left Onew the same way Kibum had. Onew groaned slightly, shifting beneath Taemin.

Taemin scrambled off Onew and stood up, dusting off his pants and shirt. His movements were slow from the alcohol, but his brain was very much sober. He stuck out a hand to help Onew up, and frowned when he noticed the elder’s slight wince as he did.

“Hyung, are you hurt?”

“A-aniyo.” Onew replied breathily, still dazed. He took a step forward, pain shooting through his back. He must have hit the ground harder than he thought. He let slip a hiss at the feeling, wishing immediately after that he hadn’t.

“You are hurt! Oh hyung-mmh!” Taemin was cut off by Onew’s lips on his, arms holding him tight against the barista’s chest. The pain could wait until later. Nothing mattered to Onew except that Taemin was alive, alive and safe in his arms.

Onew pulled back, breathing hard. His hands shook as he trailed them along Taemin’s arms, up to his face. Taemin’s cheeks were soft beneath his hands; soft, and warm, and very much alive.

“You’re safe. You’re safe.” Onew mumbled, eyes filled with relief.

I did it. I saved him. I didn't let him down.

It was then, right then, that the last of Onew's uncertainty faded away, leaving only a strong love and determination to be with Taemin. It was then he swore he'd show the dancer love he'd never had the chance to show Kibum. And it was then that Onew realized what exactly it was he needed to do.

 

"Hi Bummie. It's me." Onew paused, taking a moment to just stare at Kibum's picture in silence.

"You must be getting sick of me now." Onew chuckled.

"Do you remember the boy I brought here a while back? Lee Taemin? I think... I think I'm in love with him.” Onew pauses again and shakes his head.

“No, I know I'm in love with him. I'll always love you Bummie, but Taemin... He brings back the joy I thought I lost when you left.” Onew stopped again; no, this wasn’t right. He wasn’t saying this right.

“Kim Kibum. You were beautiful, charming, caring, talented, and my first love. Being with you for those three years was amazing, and it was nowhere near enough time to show you how much I cared for you.”

Onew looked down, unsure how to continue.

“I think I need to move on though. I can’t live in the past forever, but that doesn’t mean I’ll forget you. I’ll never forget you Bummie. But we had our chance, and now...now I have Taemin. I only hope you won’t hate me for this.”

He bit his lip and continued on shakily. “Please don’t hate me Bummie. And don’t hate Taemin either. Without him, I’d still be moping about and crying over you everyday, and I know how much you dislike people who mope and cry. I love him, and I-I’m going to ask him to marry me Bummie, and ...”

Onew ran a hand through his hair, distressed. “I don’t know what you would say if you were here, but I’m sure it would have something to do with me shutting up.”

“He would say yes.” Onew whirled around in shock to see Jonghyun standing there, hands in pockets and a soft look upon his face.

“Jonghyun?”

“Taemin told about last night. I figured you’d be here. I was right.”

“Oh.” Was all he said in reply.

“Bummie would have said yes Jinki. And something about shutting up, you got that part right.”

“You really think so?” Onew asked, sounding hopeful. Jonghyun smiled reassuringly.

“I know so.”

 

Onew walked back to his car, heart feeling lighter than it had in years. He was finally letting go, something he never thought he could achieve. There was no more guilt, only happiness, relief, and nervousness. Yes, he had let Kibum go, but that didn’t mean this was over. He still had to get Taemin to accept him.

But first, he had a few stops to make.

 

Taemin was annoyed. No, more than annoyed, he was furious. How dare Onew run off like that! It was supposed to be their day off together, but the elder had up and disappeared early in the morning, leaving Taemin to wake up to a cold bed. He hadn’t even left a note!

Although he did text Jongin, and the two were now sitting on the couch while Taemin griped.

“But seriously! How could he, we haven’t had a whole day together in weeks and he just ditches? What the hell?”

Jongin sighed, feeling a headache begin to form. From the moment he stepped foot into the apartment, he knew he would regret it, and he was right. Nothing was worse than a whiny Taemin.

Nothing.

“Listen Tae, I’m sure he had a good reason-”

“Oh he better have a damn good reason for ditching me.” Taemin’s eyes flashed dangerously. Jongin shook his head; Onew was going to regret this when he got home.

“How about we go out to eat to get your mind off him?” Taemin crinkled his nose in disgust.

“No, then it’ll be like I went on a date with you.”

“How does that make sense, we go out to lunch all the time?”

“Don’t argue with me Jongin.” Taemin snapped. “Besides, don’t you have some kids to teach?” He didn’t for another couple hours, and Taemin knew it, but he wasn’t about to argue with the other.

“You’re right, I should get going. Bye Taemin.” Jongin headed for the door, slipping his shoes on quickly. When he went to grab the doorknob however, the door swung open, revealing a cheerful Onew. Jongin blinked in surprise, before shrugging.

“Onew’s home.” He yelled, before slipping past Onew and racing down the stairs. Like hell would he stay there, he was smarter than that. Onew was on his own.

Taemin flew off the couch in an instant, running to the elder. Once he was close enough, he raised his hand and smacked Onew’s arm. Onew winced and rubbed it, but Taemin could care less.

“You jerk! We were supposed to hang out today!” Taemin pouted.

“I know, I know, but I promise, I’ll make up for it.”

“Oh? How?” Dirty thoughts already started swirling around Taemin’s mind. Onew reached into his bag and pulled out two rectangular pieces of paper. Tickets.

"What's this?" Taemin asked, staring at the tickets Onew held in his hands.

"We're going to New York." Taemin’s mouth dropped open, confusion clouding his eyes.

"What? But everything is okay now, why would you want to leave?"

"Not forever silly. For a vacation."

Taemin's face lit up in excitement. "Really hyung?"

Onew nodded, unable to contain his grin. “Neh, really.”

--------------------------------

The proposal is coming guise~ 

I won't be in town for a couple days, so the next update will likely be Tuesday. And by next update, I mean final update. Only one more chapter left!

Oh gosh I'm not ready for this to end...