Chapter 24

Kidnap Me Hyung

"What? Where? Got it. I'll be there as soon as I can."

Everyone's heads were turned towards Jonghyun as he hung up and quickly began gathering his stuff, face pale.

"I'm sorry, but I have to go." Jonghyun bowed apologetically.

"What's going on Jonghyun?" Donghae, the choreographer, crossed his arms and glared at the singer. He was obviously not happy someone had interrupted practice for a phone call, even if it was Kim Jonghyun.

"A friend of mine was in an accident, and is in the hospital now."

Taemin looked up at the words, his thoughts immediately turning to one person.

"Is it Onew?" He asked, the words slipping out.

Jonghyun shot him a surprised look, clearly wondering why Taemin even cared, after what had happened only an hour before.

"Yes."

"I'm coming with." Ignoring Donghae's demands that he stay, he grabbed his bag and pulled the shocked Jonghyun towards the door. Halfway there, his eyes met Jongin's, and though it was small, Taemin thought he caught the other nodding in understanding.

Outside, Taemin ran over to the car, cursing when he realized it was locked. Looking back, he spotted Jonghyun standing by the door, still confused by the dancer's actions.

"Yah! What are you doing? Onew's hurt, hurry up and get in the car!"

Jonghyun nodded and walked over to the far, unlocking it and sliding into the driver's seat while Taemin took his place beside him.

Half way down the road, Jonghyun finally spoke.

"Why do you care?"

The words were harsh and straight-forward, but not unreasonable. Even Taemin wasn't quite sure why. It didn't make any sense if he thought about it.

Really, why did he care?

Taemin was still furious at the elder, there was no doubt about that. He still hadn't forgiven him for what had happened. Mistake or not, it was still unacceptable. Seeing how upset Onew was after he refused to forgive him, as cruel as it sounded, made Taemin a bit happy. He was glad  Onew was feeling pain.

Not like this though. He wanted Onew to feel emotional pain, but he didn't want him to actually get hurt. As much anger that Taemin felt towards the barista, there was an equal amount of love, and right now, worry and guilt. He knew it was most likely that Onew had merely been his clumsy self and gotten injured, but a dark part of Taemin's mind told him it was his fault.

He thought back to Onew's face right before he had left, the crushed look that he had felt so triumphant in having caused, and felt sick to his stomach.

A million scenarios ran through his mind. What if the elder had done something stupid because of their fight? What if he was seriously injured? What if he died thinking Taemin hated him?

Taemin bit his lip fearfully and stared out the window, concentrating on the blurry greens and grays of the passing scenery. His heart hammered against his ribs painfully, as if warning him of the future. Suddenly, the answer was as clear as day.

"Because I love him." Taemin replied softly.

 

Taemin burst into the hospital room, eyes instantly training themselves on Onew. Said man stared right back, in complete shock.

"Taemin?" He asked, confused and slightly hopeful.

"You're okay!"

Well, not exactly okay. Taemin could see a slightly pink tainted bandage covering the left side of Onew's head, but otherwise, he seemed healthy.

"I'll give you guys some time alone. Come on Jonghyun, let's get some food." Joon stood up and headed for the exit.

"But I just got here!" Jonghyun argued, sputtering out objections as Joon pulled him out the door.  

With tender eyes, Taemin walked over to Onew and sat beside him. After a moment of hesitation, Taemin placed his hand on top of the elder's and squeezed it lightly.

"What on earth did you do?"

Onew touched the bandage on his forehead.

"I spilled coffee, then slipped on it and cut my head open on the edge of the counter. I wouldn't have come, but Luhan is a worrier, and forced me to as soon as he saw blood."

"Aigoo...what am I going to do with you Hyung?"

Onew smiled sheepishly, memories of earlier poking at his mind.

 

-flashback-

"Watch out!" He yelled, just a Onew heard the sound of screeching tires and turned to see a car barreling towards him.

Onew stumbled backwards quickly, barely avoiding the car by a few inches. He wasn't quite so lucky however, the quick step back sending him off balance. Arms flailing, he fell against the cross-walk pole, his head cracking against it. As he slid to the ground, his forehead scratched against something, and Onew felt a stinging pain above his eye.

He didn't remember much after that, just dizziness, pain, people yelling, and the red and blue lights of an ambulance. The next thing he knew he was laying in a hospital bed, Joon by his side.

The blonde quickly told him that he had a mild concussion, and that his forehead had required four stitches. He was going to be fine, but Joon still felt the need to call Jonghyun and tell him what happened.

-end flashback-

 

"Hehe." Onew chuckled awkwardly. Taemin frowned and smacked Onew's shoulder lightly.

"Pabo. Don't scare me like that. I thought you were seriously hurt."

"Mianhe Taemin. I promise I'll be more careful."  But then, Onew grinned.

"What is it?" Taemin asked.

"You came." He said goofily.

"So?" Taemin shot back, suddenly self conscious.

"Then have you-"

"I haven't forgiven you, if that's what you were going to say." Onew's smile fell. Before Onew could get too upset, Taemin quickly added, "But I have decided if can't live without you." Taemin blushed and looked down, embarrassed by his sudden confession.

Onew's heart fluttered at the younger's words. He could accept the younger holding a grudge, after all, what he had done was unacceptable. Just knowing that Taemin still wanted to be with him made everything else all right.

So quickly Taemin barely registered it happening, Onew moved forward and pecked him on the lips. Taemin blinked rapidly, surprised by the sudden action.

"Mianhe Taemin-ah, I shouldn't have done that."

Taemin shook his head and shifted closer to the elder. Taemin wound their fingers together and leaned in towards Onew, so that they were only a few inches apart. An indecipherable expression crossed the dancer's face, their faces becoming dangerously close.

"Did I say I minded?" He teased, closing the distance.

Taemin kissed him softly, full lips melding perfectly with Onew's. It was short and sweet, yet it was still able to convey all of their feelings for each other. Taemin pulled back first, a small smile gracing his face as he stared deeply into Onew's eyes.

Onew felt lightheaded, although he wasn't sure if it was from the kiss or the concussion. Either way, he was forced to lay back down, closing his eyes tightly to fight off the vertigo. After a few moments, the room stopped spinning, and when he opened his eyes, Taemin was watching him with compassion filled eyes.

"Sleep." Taemin demanded. "You look terrible."

"Will you-"

"I'm not leaving you Hyung. Not again. I promise."

-------

Well. That's it. I left you with some happy Ontae before I take my leave. As of now, I am offically on hiatus for at least  the next two-three weeks. So please, don't spam my comments with 'update please' it will do nothing. I don't mind regularly, as it gives me a reason to work, but right now...it's useless >.<  Bye everyone! (gosh it seems like I'm leaving forever xP)