Chapter 20

Kidnap Me Hyung

 

When Onew woke up the next morning, Taemin was once again wrapped in his arms, but for the first time since he'd met the younger, he didn't push him away. Instead, he pulled him closer, basking in his warmth. A small sigh escaped from the younger, his lips curling up into a small smile despite still being asleep.

It was like he was holding an angel, he thought. His eyes roamed over Taemin, studying every feature. Smooth, white skin, a small nose, and plump lips, combined with his thin frame and prominent cheek and collar bones, reminded Onew of a fairy.

Now that he thought about it... Everything about Taemin seemed surreal, mythical even. From his eerily perfect dancing, to his innocent personality, all the back to how the two first met. Feeling how Taemin's body fit perfectly with his, like puzzle pieces, he couldn't help but wonder if fate had something to do with all of this.

Interrupting his musings, a small part of his mind whispered the question he feared ever having to answer: if this was fate's doing, what about Kibum?

The thought that Kibum had merely been a casualty of fate nauseated Onew, though the fear that the two weren't meant to be had tainted his mind since the accident years ago. The arrival of Taemin had both muted and strengthened his fears, giving him someone else to think about, while bringing back his memories at the same time.

He hated that even now, with Taemin wrapped in his arms, he still had thoughts of Kibum. He had let Taemin love him, but a part of him still feared loving in return. He didn't deny the feelings he had for Taemin anymore; that would be idiotic. Despite that, he knew in his heart, he had still yet to let go of Kibum, and as long as he couldn't, he would always be wavering.

He hated that he couldn't just let go, couldn't let Taemin have his full heart. He knew eventually, it would hurt both him and the dancer, but he count help it. He knew it was already hurting the younger, who had devoted his full heart to him, while knowing he didn't own Onew's heart in return.

As much as he hated it, he couldn't change the fact, couldn't so easily let go of the boy he had loved for years, that he had lost in such a terrible way. At least for now, Taemin would have to wait. Onew only hoped he would be able to give him his heart before Taemin lost his patience with the elder.

"Please wait for me." Onew whispered, pressing his lips on Taemin's forehead. Said boy let out another sigh and his eyes fluttered, awoken by Onew's kiss. Taemin opened his eyes slightly, squinting due to the light from the window, and began squirming in his grasp. Onew, however, wasn't letting go. He had found he liked having the younger in his arms a bit too much, and wasn't letting go anytime soon.

"Onew?" He asked groggily.

"Neh Taemin?" The two words were enough confirmation for Taemin's sleep addled brain, and the fight to break free immediately ceased.

Taemin smiled at the elder and snuggled closer, resting his head against Onew's chest.

"Good morning hyung." Taemin murmured.

"Good morning Taeminnie." Onew replied, kissing Taemin's forehead lightly. Taemin blushed at the new nickname, warmth spreading through his veins. He buried his head in Onew's chest to hide his red face, mumbling something incomprehensible. Onew moved one hand up and ran it though Taemin's hair, gently untangling the knots that had formed while he slept.

Taemin sighed in content, feeling his eyes drift closed again. It was so peaceful, just laying here, Onew's arms around him, warmth radiating from the elder's body. He could stay like this, he really could.

If not for the loud beeping that wouldn't seem to stop.

Frowning, he looked up at Onew, who had scrambled away from him.

"Ugh what is that?" He groaned.

"Sorry Minnie, I usually wake before my alarm and turn it off." Onew walked across the room to hit the button to end the annoying sound, but by the time he did, Taemin was already wide awake. Taemin ran a hand through his messy bed hair and yawned. Stretching, he got up and headed towards the door.

"Dibs on first shower." Taemin said, not waiting for an answer before closing the bathroom door behind him. Onew dropped back onto the bed, planning for a minutes of extra sleep before Taemin returned. Instead, he spent the time staring at the ceiling and thinking of Taemin. It seemed no matter how hard he tried he couldn't get the boy out of his mind. He was aware this might not be healthy, being so addicted to the younger, but he had no clue how to stop it.

15 minutes later, Taemin returned, clad in only a towel that hung low on his hips, his hair sticking to his face and droplets of water running down his chest. Onew froze, slack jawed.

"Hyung, your turn." He said, to which Onew didn't reply, still focused the younger's body. He knew dancer's had great bodies from experience with Kibum, but Taemin was something else. Again, Onew had to remind himself that Taemin was human.

"Hyung!" Taemin whined, pouting when the elder didn't reply. "Listen to me!"

If Onew thought he was bad before, it was nothing compared to how he looked in that instant.

At the sight of a half , pouting Taemin, Onew's brain short circuited, unable to comprehend how someone could look so seductive and so cute at the same time.

Maybe not human. Maybe part fairy.

"Mianhe Taemin-ah. I'm going now." A smile graced Taemin's face, lighting up his features.

Defiantly part fairy.

Onew rushed out of the room before he could embarrass himself any further, leaving a mildly confused Taemin to wonder why he was so skittish all of a sudden.

In the shower, Onew leaned against the cool wall as water poured over him, and willed his heart to calm down. It felt like the first night Taemin moved in all over again, all kinds of ideas filling his head that shouldn't. Except now, he couldn't say it was like a friend staying over. He couldn't tell himself it was nothing, and that was making it all so much harder to resist the younger.

Instead, he reminded himself that Taemin was a minor, and that he shouldn't think impure thoughts because of that. Which then of course set off a mini panic attack because he realized that all this time he had been things with Taemin that might it even be legal.

. .

Onew viciously scrubbed his hair with shampoo, hoping as he did his thoughts would wash away as well.  Once he deemed himself clean- both physically and mentally- he stepped out of the shower and pulled on his work clothes.

Onew walked out of the bathroom, hair still dripping wet, and spotted Taemin in the kitchen, humming softly while he cracked some eggs into a pan. His small hips swayed side to side slightly, in time with the song he hummed, entrancing the elder. In fact, he may have even been drooling. Despite his admittedly stupid reaction, he had to give fate a hand- he sure was lucky to have such a beautiful boy love him. He wasn't sure what he had done in his past life to have Taemin now, but he must have been pretty damn good.

"Stare any longer and you might burn a hole in my back." Taemin teased, turning around, a plate of eggs in hand. Onew blushed and quickly took his seat at the table. Taemin rolled his eyes at the elder and set the plate in front of him.

"Here's breakfast. Eat quickly, you took forever in the shower and you're running a bit late."

Onew didn't ask how he knew this, despite being the most unorganized and forgetful person he knew, and instead focused on eating his eggs. He finished at light speed and ran over to the door, slipping his shoes on quickly and heading down the shop. Taemin took his time before following him down, taking his usual spot and watching the elder with a small smile on his face.


 

Taemin was really becoming a problem.

No matter what Onew did, his eyes always found their way back to Taemin. A few times, Taemin caught him staring, and a small smirk would cross his face, and Onew would turn away, blushing hard. It was causing him to be even clumsier than usual, which pretty much meant working had become an impossible task.

He felt a soft touch on his arm and looked down to find the one of his favorite customers - Ms. Kim Young Ok. The old woman was one of the sweetest people he knew, but presently she had a frown upon her face.

"Ah, sorry ahjumma, what would you like?"

"I'm fine dear, but you look a bit out of it. Are you okay?" Onew felt like smacking himself. He really needed to get his act together before anyone else asked questions.

"Ah, neh ahjumma. Are you sure you wouldn't like anything? Maybe another cup of coffee?"

"Aigoo are you sure you're okay dear?"

"Neh ahjumma." Onew replied quickly.

"Because you seem to have forgotten you came over here and gave me a new cup two minutes ago." Onew flushed and bowed, apologizing quickly before rushing back behind the counter. He could see Taemin laughing, and was almost positive it was at him.

What had changed? Sure, the younger had always been distracting since that first time when he burst through the door, soaking wet, but it had never been this bad. It wasn't like the younger had changed, as if they'd done anything. Onew realized, as strange as it sounded, simply knowing the younger was his had made him that much more irresistible.

There was only one solution. Taemin had to go.

Stalking over to Taemin's table to politely tell him he couldn't stay due to being too much of a distraction, he was stopped mid-way by the sight of Taemin standing up.

"Why are you leaving?" Onew asked, forgetting that he had come over to tell the younger that he needed to do exactly that.

"I have to go to practice." Taemin explained, slinging his bag over his shoulder. Onew pouted like the child Taemin knew he was. As if Taemin didn't go to practice everyday.

"Wait!" Onew said, eyes bright as he came up with an idea.

"What?"

"Can I come to practice with you?" Onew gave him puppy dog eyes, but Taemin was too confused to be affected by them.

"What are you talking about hyung? You have to work."

"I have a dongsaeng who is studying to be a barista, he works Sunday afternoons, have you never seen him?"

Taemin admitted he had, in fact, never seen the man. He'd come on Sunday morning once to see it closed, and had since never gone, figuring Sunday was just a day off for Onew.

"Anyways, I'm sure he'll be happy to get some more experience."

Taemin nodded.

"Just let me call him, and we'll drive over together."

"Hyung, it's really not necessary, Jonghyun always takes me-"

"Do you not want me to see you dance?" Onew asked sadly, making Taemin guilty.

"No, no that's not it hyung-"

"Great, so it's settled, we'll leave in a few." Onew grinned and rushed off to call his replacement, while Taemin stared after him in shock and disbelief at what had just happened. He'd never realized the elder had the ability to manipulate people, seeming like to genuine a guy to be able to do something like that.

Taemin shook his head and watched the elder chat away on the phone, a smirk growing on his face.

Hmm, he thought, I wonder what other sides of Onew I've yet to see.

---------------------

I have no excuse for this chapter taking so long, or being so short... I started a Studio Ghibli movie marathon... but after The Cat Returns I made myself promise that I wouldn't start watching Howl's Moving Castle until after I uploaded this!... So hope you like it, see you next chapter, I'm gonna go watch Howl, bye.