Chapter 28

Kidnap Me Hyung

Taemin had no clue what time it was. Hell, he didn’t even know what day it was, how long he’d been stuck in here. He had no way to gage it, as the window had been blocked so he couldn’t escape, and his meals were few and far between. Time had become relative, and it absolutely terrified him.

What if he’d already been in here for weeks, months even? He didn’t know how long he’d been knocked out since Minho kidnapped him, for all he knew it had been a year already.

Okay. That might be stretching it, but to Taemin, it felt as if it had been an eternity. Being alone was absolutely horrid, and he found himself spending hours sitting in the corner of his bed, thinking of what had been left behind.

He missed dancing, he missed his friends, but most of all, he missed Onew. He missed sitting in the coffee shop for hours watching Onew as he worked, admiring him from afar. He missed waking up in Onew’s arms, the elder gazing at him with that beautiful smile of his. He missed their kisses, Onew’s comforting embrace, the sweet words he’d whisper in the dark before they fell asleep.

He missed all of it, and he couldn’t help but feel guilty, wondering how the other man was faring in his absence. What had he thought, when he discovered Taemin to be missing? Had he searched for him? Was he still searching for him? Taemin thought of the cupcakes they had made for after the concert. They hadn’t gotten to eat them. Taemin didn’t know if he’d ever have the chance to taste Onew’s food ever again. The thought made him even more miserable.

What was his mother’s purpose, dragging him back here? What did she expect to come of it? Years ago, he thought she had learned from her mistakes after driving his older brother to the brink of insanity, but obviously, she hadn’t. Here she was, once again interfering with her child’s life, not caring at all about his well being. Everything she did was purely for her own benefit, that much was obvious. Taemin was left to wonder if she had ever cared for her sons, or if everything had been for her own selfish reasons.

The door creaked open, and Taemin glanced up, wondering fearfully what was in store for him. What he was presented with was a tall, muscular man with dark, cruel eyes.

Minho.

“What do you want now?” Taemin growled, hands balling into his fists as he prepared himself in case he needed to defend himself.

“Calm down, I just came to talk.” Taemin quirked an eyebrow, but didn’t let down his guard. Minho had proven often enough that he was anything but trustworthy.  Minho smiled innocently-not that he had Taemin convinced- and moved to sit beside the dancer. Taemin quickly recoiled, curling up into the corner so that he was as far away as possible.

“How are you Tae?” Minho asked, after a moment of awkward silence. Taemin let out a choked laugh.

“Are you ing kidding me?” He replied. Minho shook his head, only fueling Taemin’s anger. “What do you think Minho? First, I was knocked out and kidnapped by a backstabbing creep, then I was locked inside a room with a plate of food once every god-knows-how-long, and I’ll probably stay stuck here until my mother marries me off to some poor girl and I have to run a company while living my whole life as a lie.”

“Awwh come on Tae, don’t be like that. You know I only did it because I had to.”

Did he know that? No, and he was almost certain it wasn’t the truth.

“What are you really doing here Minho?” Taemin asked tiredly. Couldn’t he leave Taemin alone? It was already hard enough being trapped in this room without having to have Minho in there with him.

“It’s quite simple babe... I want you.” Minho’s voice was low and seductive, and while it may have once sent thrills of desire through Taemin, the only thing it did now was give him chills and make him feel nauseous.  

Taemin scoffed, trying to seem tough and unaffected despite his nervousness on the inside.

“What, you want to date again? Doesn’t that seem a bit twisted, as my mother had me dragged back here because she disapproves of my relationships? She would never approve.” Minho ran a hand down Taemin’s cheek, which Taemin quickly shoved away.  “Don’t touch me.” He hissed.

Minho tsked. “Come on Tae, you can have your wife, and then there can be you and me, secretly. Just like old times.”

Just like old times. Taemin flinched, finally fed up with Minho’s nonsense.

“Get out Minho.” Taemin said through gritted teeth.

“What, scared Minnie?”

“GET OUT!” Taemin screamed, finally letting his fist fly. It cut through the air, landing hard against Minho’s cheek. The taller man’s head whipped to the side from the force, and he cursed. Minho stared at Taemin in shock, as if he couldn’t believe he’d actually hit him.

Taemin was breathing heavily as he pointed to the door, repeating in a deadly calm voice, “Get out. And don’t you ever call me Minnie again.” Minho did as he was told, one hand gripping his quickly bruising face. Taemin glared at the door long after Minho had left, focusing all his negative energy on that single point.

Yes, there was once a time where Taemin thought he loved Minho, but that time had long passed. No matter what the elder said or did, Taemin would never go back to him. Ever.

 

Taemin was fourteen when he first met Minho. The tall boy had just switched schools, and as Taemin was the only one sitting alone at a desk, they got to sit beside each other.

Taemin would be lying if he said he wasn’t instantly attracted to the boy. His tall, lanky yet muscular body, shaggy black hair that curled at the base of his neck, and not to mention his thick lips and smoldering dark brown eyes. From the moment he’d laid eyes on the boy, he was entranced.

The two quickly got to talking, or really, Taemin did. Minho was a quiet person, at least when they first met, so the first couple of weeks mainly consisted of Taemin chattering away about his life while intermittently asking Minho questions about his own. Soon enough, the taller boy’s cool exterior wore off, revealing a funny, quirky guy, and the two became close friends.

Through the course of their conversations, Taemin found that Minho was a few months older than him, that he was an only child, and that he was an avid soccer player. Every new fact fascinated the younger, and he could feel himself falling for the taller boy more every day.

Honestly, it scared him. He’d never had a crush before, unless you counted adoration for certain idols, and to be falling for a boy... he had no idea how to react. He’d had suspicions about his tastes since he realized he was more fond of watching Taeyang shirtless on stage over Girl’s Generation in shorts and crop tops, but now, he felt as if it had been confirmed.

Taemin liked guys.

It was a terrifying idea, especially when he thought about how his parents would react. Also, he feared that Minho would be disgusted by him if he found out, so he made sure to keep his lips tightly locked and his secret hidden.

Imagine his surprise when two weeks later he found his lips tightly locked with something else-Minho’s lips to be exact. It was completely unexpected, happening behind the bleachers after Minho’s soccer practice one day. They’d only known each other for little more than a month, but they had already become close. Closer than Taemin originally thought, as he pressed his lips against Minho’s, wondering if it was all a dream.

That time had been confusing, a mess of emotions and confessions, before finally settling on holding hands as they walked to the noodle shop they always went to after practice.

It was only four weeks into their secret relationship when Minho convinced Taemin to stay the night, and things changed. They’d made out plenty of times before, but this was different, as Minho led Taemin into his room, locked the door, and showed him just how far they could go to show their love for each other. It hurt like hell the next morning, and Taemin had a limp for days, but in his heart, it was completely worth it. Or so he thought.

Not even two weeks later, Taemin found himself outside of the dingy dance studio he practiced in, face-to-face with his mother. A look of disapproval was clear upon her face. Beside her stood Minho, looking positively proud of himself.

“Minho, what’s... what’s going on?” Taemin stuttered, looking between the two, utterly confused. His mother answered instead.

“You’ve had your fun Taemin. Now it’s time to come home.” His mother’s voice was horrid  yet sweet, like burnt sugar. Minho smirked at him from behind her, arms crossed against his chest.

Taemin’s heart broke. “Minho... Minho, tell me this is a joke. You don’t mean it, do you? Tell me you don’t mean it.”

Minho laughed. “Please, as if I’d ever love a pathetic kid like you.”

“You’ve disobeyed me Taemin. I specifically told you, no more dancing, and yet here we are.” His mom spat. “And worse than that, you’re... you’re...a queer!” Mrs. Lee sounded absolutely scandalized, revolted at the idea of her son being interested in men.

Taemin ignored her and turned to Minho once again. “This can’t be true.” Taemin whispered. “You said you loved me.”

“I lied. People lie Taemin, get used to it.”


Minho was right about one thing. People do lie. He just hoped Onew hadn’t lied when he’d promised to protect Taemin.

-------------------------------------

Aaand the story of Minho and Taemin emerges. Gosh this took forever. Writing 2min= 2 hours of forcing myself to not give up, and then abandoning it to write the next three chapters XD hope this chapter isn't too cringe worthy, 2min really is not my strong suit.