CHAPTER 9: Happiness

Absolute Love

 

NORMAL POV

 

“Yoona!!!!! Yoona!!!! Wake up!!!” Tiffany and Sooyoung shouted as they jumped over the bed of Yoona.

 

Yoona peeked slightly to see who the two loud girls are and as she saw her two unnies, she smiled and said…

 

“Aishh.. Neh! Neh!”  Yoona answered then stood up quickly.

 

“But why are the two of you here Unnie? There’s no celebration here today..” Yoona continued.

 

“Aigoo… Yoongie! So you already forgot about it! It’s already Family Day tomorrow and it’s now time to prepare for your performance! I thought right! I know you wouldn’t mind these chances.” Tiffany uttered.

 

“Oh? I haven’t thought about it Unnie. I’ve been busy these days! Aigoo… So?” Yoona glanced at her two unnies and asked what preparations are they talking about. Tiffany explained everything Yoona needs to do and needs to have. Then concluded to shop for Yoona that day. Sooyoung and Tiffany were all ready so they just waited for Yoona to prepare for herself and they can already go. When Yoona was already done, they went on their way to the Mall.

 

They have tried each and every of the dress inside different shops but because of Tiffany’s meticulous side, they just ended up trying and trying clothes. Yoona and Sooyoung grew tired and of course, hungry. The two shikshins weren’t able to concentrate anymore because of their hunger.

 

“Unnie! You’re too picky. It’s okay if you won’t buy new clothes for me anymore. I’ll just borrow form Taeyeon Unnie. I know she has lots of dress.” Yoona uttered.

 

“Aniya Yoona! It’s you’re first performance so you must look great tomorrow!” Tiffany defended. Yoona knew that there’s nothing she can do anymore so she just agreed with her unnie.

 

“Yah! Unnie! Don’t you feel hungry? The two of us here are really dying to have a bite of snack. Can we? Puh-leaseee???” Sooyoung childishly asked and that caused Tiffany to laugh.

 

“Aigoo… Sooyoungie! Neh Neh! Let’s just continue searching after having some snacks.” Tiffany agreed then they went on a burger-specialized store.

 

“Unnie! Isn’t this store too much? It looks so expensive here. We can just have our snack in mini stalls.” Yoona suggested when she saw rich people inside the restaurant.

 

“Aniya! It’s okay Yoongie. It’s my treat right? So no need to worry, alright?” Tiffany answered.

 

Sooyoung suddenly tapped Yoona’s head lightly and said..

 

“Yah! Yoongie! Why worry? It’s food! Remember! It’s food! So don’t ever hesitate! There’s a saying right? Do not deny on any merit! Arasso?” Sooyoung ordered.

 

“Neh! I understand Commander!” Yoona answered jokingly and posed like a real soldier while answering then everyone laughed.

 

“Let’s Go!” Sooyoung commanded and they all went on their seats.

 

Tiffany ordered bunch of foods to satisfy the other girls’ appetites. She knew that when they grew hungry again later while shopping, they’ll just bother her in picking Yoona’s clothes so she thought of ordering buckets of snacks.

 

While eating, Yoona saw a dress shop in front of the restaurant they are eating at.

 

“Unnie! How about that shop? Their dresses are really simple but pretty as well. You know that I don’t want too blingy clothes, right? How ‘bout taking a look at their clothes later?” Yoona suggested while pointing on the dress shop she has just seen. Tiffany was eating that time so she just nodded her head while Sooyoung is busy having a taste on every food Tiffany ordered so she wasn’t able to participate on the other two girls’ talk.

 

After their loooong snack, they went directly to the shop Yoona pointed a while ago. Although Tiffany wasn’t that satisfied with the designs and prints of the clothes there, she just agreed because Yoona insisted and requested that she will just be the one to pick her own dress that she’ll wear for her performance. She told her unnies to have some rest while she picks her clothes. Then, Yoona already started to roam around the shop to pick the clothes she liked one by one and later, try them on to show to her unnies. While on the other side, Tiffany and Sooyoung sat on a couch inside the shop. Sooyoung eyed the whole shop when suddenly, she saw a tall guy with some nerdy glasses on that was about to enter the same shop where they are currently at. She was starting to see hearts falling from the sky around the guy as he walks slowly and as he takes a look inside the shop.

 

“Is this what they call Love at first Sight? Ugh… It feels.. It feels.. It feels so gooood!” Sooyoung muttered while she put her chin on rest on her palms. Suddenly, the guy looked at the direction where Sooyoung is. Sooyoung was so surprised that caused her chin to fall from her hands and bite her tongue. She immediately turned back and made a face that surely show hurt from her biting of her tongue earlier. She didn’t felt any embarrassment, thanks to her ‘confidence’, so she quickly turned back where the guy was and luckily, the guy was also staring at her that time so they both exchange glances. Sooyoung could already feel the butterflies on her stomach flying freely inside her stomach and slightly making her the feel of tickled for no reason. Suddenly someone called the guy…

 

“Yah! Yunho Oppa!” someone called outside the shop.

 

“So, you’re name is Yunho! I see… y name you’ve got!” Sooyoung thought then she suddenly bit her lips.

 

Tiffany saw this then said…

 

“Yah! Sooyoungie! Why are you biting your lips? Are you a vampire, huh?” Tiffany jokingly asked while chuckling about with Sooyoung’s sudden action.

 

“Of course not Unnie! See that guy? I think he likes me… You see, lately a lot of guys are following me when going home, like stalking? Can you feel the aura of my beauty huh? And that’s thanks to my genes…” Sooyoung bragged.

 

“Yah! You say there’s someone following you lately? Aigoo… What if he thinks of something else.. You know… Not the liky-like thingy? But the negative thingy?” Then Tiffany chuckled and continued “And that’s because you always act ily to anyone and not because of your genes!”

 

“Yah! You mean ?” Sooyoung unintentionally shouted. That cause all the people to look at the two of them including Yunho, the guy Sooyoung likes and that cause him to chuckle a bit too.

 

Tiffany also chuckled seeing how Sooyoung was humiliated. She thought of this as a positive karma for Sooyoung because she thought that it could lessen her too much confidence on herself. Sooyoung, on the other side, bowed her head and apologized to everyone in the shop. She felt really embarrassed that time so she just stopped chitchatting with Tiffany and just stayed quiet. But she couldn’t restrain herself from looking at Yunho. When suddenly, a girl ran towards the direction of the guy and clung herself to Yunho.

 

Sooyoung was really shocked. She couldn’t believe that the guy has already a girlfriend. Tiffany saw what the girl did to the guy Sooyoung likes and she was also surprised so she quickly looked at Sooyoung to see what her expression would be. Sooyoung had her jaw dropped and was totally opened widely so she just closed it for her and tilted Sooyoung’s head facing towards her to avoid the sight of the two.

 

“Unfortunately Sooyoungie…” Tiffany wasn’t able to continue her words when Sooyoung suddenly interrupted.

 

“What a flirty guy he is!!! So his nerdy glass was just a prop for him to look innocent and appealing! Aigoo… Good thing I didn’t fell in love with him!” Sooyoung said in a motionless manner with her eyes rolling up and down.

 

“Didn’t fall in love huh?” Tiffany thought to herself then chuckled a bit.

 

After some minutes, the guy and the girl have already went out from the shop and exactly, Yoona was already finished gathering clothes for her to fit.

 

“Sooyoung Unnie! Why are you with an irritated expression? Anything happened?” Yoona asked and Tiffany just gestured out that it’s nothing so Yoona already started to fit the clothes she picked.

 

The first one to fit was a light green dress with falling sleeves.

 

          

 

 

The next one was a beige colored dress with long sleeves and joined by a thin-braided belt.

 

 

The third one was a white silk long sleeves with a ribbon at the center and is a paired with a three-buttoned skirt.

 

 

 

The fourth one was an animal-printed dress with a black belt on the waist part and joined with black stockings.

 

 

 

The fifth one was a dress with main color of pink and with some ruffles on top that is colored black

 

 

 

And the last one was a simple, layered black dress with a zipper in the front and this was agreed unanimously by her two unnies and the other staffs from the store.

 

“That’s it!” Tiffany exclaimed so they immediately got it.

 

Everything was bought already for Yoona’s performance and everything was polished by Tiffany. So they already went on the Taxi Stand to have their ride home already. When suddenly Yoona bumped on a woman in front of her.

 

“Oh? Mianhamnida!” Yoona apologized then bowed. When the woman in front of her looked at her direction, both of them were surprised. It was Kyuhyun’s mom.

 

“Oh! Yoona! Why are you here? Are they your friends?” Mrs. Cho asked.

 

Yoona answered yes then she introduced Tiffany and Sooyoung to Mrs. Cho. Tiffany greeted her but Sooyoung left unconscious.

 

Yoona pricked her Unnie’s elbow and there Sooyoung came back too senses.

 

“Y-You’re Cho Kyuhyun’s m-mom, r-right?” Sooyoung stammered.

 

“Oh? Yes! Aigoo… You know me! Thank you!” Mrs. Cho blushed when Sooyoung noticed her. Only avid fans of her son knew her that’s why she knew that Sooyoung is one of them.

 

They had nice conversation that evening while they were waiting for they turn to have their cab. They also talked about Yoona’s performance on the coming day. So Mrs. Cho immediately decided to attend the event and Sooyoung asked if Kyuhyun could come but unfortunately Mrs. Cho said that he can’t make it because he has a schedule on that day but she told her that she’ll try to ask him. She wants to see Yoona perform eagerly. It’s now the turn of Mrs. Cho to take a taxi so she gestured out to leave and the three of them just waved their hands as their farewell. When Mrs. Cho already left…

 

“So, you already believe on me Unnie?” Yoona asked talking about that first time she told her that she knew Cho Kyuhyun personally.

 

“Of course Yoongie! From now on, every word that goes out from your mouth, I will really believe on it!” Sooyoung said and a cab already arrived. Then they all went on their way home.

 

 

Next day…

 

Yoona woke up earlier that the usual time she wakes up. She first did her face, she used the cosmetics Tiffany lended on her last day. Her unnies already teach her how to use it that’s why she was able to fix herself already. Next is her hair, she just blow dry her hair and didn’t do anything special on it. She just let it fall down in its normal ways and lastly, she already wore her dress. She slowly fixed every detail on it to prevent any mess. After all these, she already went out of her room. Her Taeyeon unnie was really surprised with Yoona’s sudden transformation, even her was so speechless. While her dad, on the sofa was just playing on something on his hands.

 

“Appa! Do I look good?” Yoona asked to her dad but he didn’t even take a glimpse on her, he just continued to do the thing he was playing a while ago. Yoona take a look at it and she saw her necklace.

 

“Aigoo.. Appa, not that one! That might get broken.” Yoona got it from her dad’s hands and that made her dad to look at her. The time that he saw her daughter, a smile was formed on his lips and Yoona just smiled back for her father.

 

Yoona looked at her Taeyeon Unnie and told her that she’d be leaving already but Taeyeon stopped her.

 

“Yoong! I have a surprise for you! Let’s go outside!” Taeyeon excitedly said. Yoona was the first one to go out and she saw a car outside then Taeyeon with Yoong’s father already went out as well.

 

“Did you buy a car unnie! Huh? Huh?” Yoona childishly asked.

 

“Of course not Yoongie! You know that I am not capable of buying something like that. I just asked Mr. Park if I could borrow his car for you. And luckily and obviously, he allowed me to use it! So? Let’s Go!” Taeyeon said and Yoona quickly agreed. Her dad would also be there on her performance so they came together with him.

 

They already arrived, one of the school utility walked together with Taeyeon and Yoona’s dad to show where they are seated while the other one went with Yoona at the backstage for the practice of her performance.

 

While Tiffany and Sooyoung were already anticipating on Yoona’s performance. Sooyoung also created a banner for Yoona saying “Hwaiting!”. She also readied her vocal chords for her squealing later when Yoona already started to perform. They also insisted to go backstage earlier for them to be able to see how Yoona looks but they didn’t succeed to go in.

 

The MCs were already there and they already introduced every event in the program. And it’s now Yoona’s turn. She felt nervous while stepping towards the stage slowly. And everyone was so surprised. They all shouted “Whoooaahh!!!”. They never knew it was Yoona when Sooyoung already started to shout to the extent of her voice and act like a proud sister of Yoona while shouting loudly Yoong’s name. Students were so stunned with Yoona’s great transformation even Tiffany and Sooyoung.

 

 

 

One of the host already started to introduce Yoona, and while she introduced her, Yoona looked at her unnies first with their great support for her then she saw Kyuhyun’s mom waving a white handkerchief on the air then she smiled on her and lastly, she searched her dad and her Taeyeon unnie from the crowd and luckily she saw them. For the first time, she saw her dad seriously waiting for her to perform while smiling at her. She felt like crying that time but as she sees all the other audience, she held back her tears. Then the music already started…

 

You tucked me in, turned out the light
Kept me safe and sound at night
Little girls depend on things like that

(As she sings this part, she remembered how her dad do this for her. They always had a great time back then. Every night, he reads stories for her and for her sister and when they are already asleep, he would always turn the lights of for them.)

Brushed my teeth and combed my hair
Had to drive me everywhere
You were always there when I looked back

(Her dad also brushed her teeth when she’s already too sleepy and was not able to brush her teeth anymore. And sometimes, when her mom’s out, her dad would always try his best to beautify her hair and would always bring and fetch her from school.)

You had to do it all alone
Make a living, make a home
Must have been as hard as it could be

(As the song goes further, almost all the parents were already tearing up because of the message of the song. Also the students who can relate with the song were already in tears but Yoona still tried her best to hold back her tears for her performance not to be ruined.)

And when I couldn't sleep at night
Scared things wouldn't turn out right
You would hold my hand and sing to me

(All her nervousness was switch to her past memories, every word from her song was related to her life. In every ending of a paragraph, she tried to smile a bit to restrain her tears from falling.)

Caterpillar in the tree
How you wonder who you'll be
Can't go far but you can always dream

(She thought that one day all her dreams will turn to reality and not just be stocked with dreams only.)

Wish you may and wish you might
Don't you worry, hold on tight
I promise you there will come a day
Butterfly fly away

(And for this line, this is the words she hopes to hear from her dad, it would serve as her strength from the difficulties she is facing and will be facing.)

Butterfly fly away, butterfly fly away
Flap your wings now you can't stay
Take those dreams and make them all come true

(Tiffany and Sooyoung already started to tear down because they knew Yoona’s life story. They understand how hurtful she could be inside but tried to be cheerful to stay stronger for her family.)

Butterfly fly away, butterfly fly away
We've been waiting for this day
All along and knowing just what to do
Butterfly, butterfly, butterfly, butterfly fly away

Butterfly fly away
Butterfly fly away

 

(On the entire performance of Yoona, her dad didn’t stop clapping his hands for her as if he’s very proud for her daughter. After performing, everyone went wild and squeals were heard everywhere cheering for her.)

 

After performing, she took a glimpse on Tiffany and Sooyoung first, then Mrs. Cho and her Taeyeon unnie and her dad and lastly to all the crowds that were there. She felt very grateful seeing all of them that cheered her up. But before turning around, she was shocked seeing one person, happily smiling on her showing proudness towards her and had its thumbs up then disappeared….


 


 

Chapter 9 done! Who do you think is the person that Yoona saw?

I’m sorry for my late update guys! I wasn’t able to update this past few weeks obviously because of school. I still hope to have more subscribers and like I always say, more and more and more story comments! That’s what really inspires me!

Thanks for all those active commentors on my story. I hope those silent readers would turn out to be like Sooyoung! Kekeke~

 That’s all for now guys! I hope you like my update!