Chapter 5

My last year in Horikoshi High
Yamada POV
 
"wait a minute, where's Daichan?"
 
"ohh he told us not to wait for him. he has something urgent to attend to" yuto said.
 
"geez, what's so urgent he has to leave without properly saying goodbye"
the rest of us decided to go for a celebration after this eventful day, although I'm still not entirely well. but I'm not gonna miss the fun!
 
Yuto POV
 
I hope Daiki can calm Mirai down.
/flashback/
 
"eh Daiki! where are you heading to, why are you going that way?!"
 
Daiki is tugging someone under his shoulders... it's a girl.. wait a minute, that's Mirai!
 
"oh my gosh, Mirai, are you okay?!" I ran towards the two of them who were speeding up.
 
She obviously cried. her eyes are swollen... but when I wanted to survey her more, Daiki pushed her behind him.
 
"Yuto, I'll bring her out of here. help me explain to the rest. you know what to say right?"
 
"oh er sure I will! but what's going on here? Mirai, why are you crying? and Daiki, when do you know Mirai? you sure you don't need my help?"
 
"is it about Yamada?" I added as I recalled his harshness just now.
 
"Yuto, I'll explain to you later and don't worry, I'll make sure your friend is safe at home." Daiki smiled and assured.
 
"Thanks Daiki. Mirai, take care! don't mind what Yamada said okay. he has a small heart. if you need to speak to someone, feel free to drop me a call okay... besides, we are friends aren't we." I tapped her shoulder and bidded farewell.
I saw the 2of them walking quickly away from the corridor while the rest entered the corridor.
 
Mirai POV
 
Yuto is a really kind guy. I thought he'll hate me as well since I said those nasty stuff about Yamada, but instead he was comforting me just now. he even offered his help. there's one thing I really still believe in is that the members of Jump are really friendly, especially Chinen, Yuto... and Daiki, the protective one who helped me even if he doesn't know me.
 
"Here, try this, it's my personal favorite" Daiki handed me a matcha cone ice cream .
"arigatou... I think I should go. I shouldn't be bothering you."
 
"who said you are?"
 
"why are you so nice to me? we don't know each other. you should hate me just like how yamada-kun does"
 
"like you said, I don't know you so why should I hate you." this makes me look really stupid... I can feel myself blush.
 
he giggled.
 
"there's no need to blush" 
 
"I'm not!" I don't know why but my mood feels lighter.
 
"there, you smiled! and you look so much prettier smiling"
 
my cheeks are heating up again.
 
He ruffled my hair and giggled.
"what's so funny?" what kind of question am I asking - isn't it obvious, I made a fool of myself the moment I rushed here.
 
"you know, I'm 2 years your senior. I graduated from Horikoshi 2 years ago"
 
"really?!" 
 
"is it that shocking?"
 
"I'm sorry"
 
He giggled again.
 
"you don't have to be so polite around me. anyway, I've to apologise for what Yamada said to you. like Yuto said, he has a small heart. he shouldn't even do this to a sweet girl like you"
 
he's making me blush so bad throughout the conversation. I bet he has a lot of girlfriends.
 
"can I call you Mirai-chan?"
 
"heh?  hai"
 
"Mirai-chan, do you like Yamada Ryosuke?"
 
"HEH?!"
 
he continued staring at me. 
 
"Daiki... I..."
he continued staring at me.
 
"I can't... I mean I shouldn't.. who am I to like him"
 
"I'm asking you... do you like Yamada Ryosuke"
 
he sternly look at me. I'm feeling so nervous, my heart feels like it'll stop anytime.
"I DO! I LIKE HIM! but... it's impossible... why do you have to force me to say this... I'm trying so hard to rid this thought in me... since year 1 I've been trying!!! why is fate fooling with me!"
 
"shhh..it's okay. there's no wrong in liking him. you should have just openly tell him" he wiped the tears on my face. all of a sudden, I feel like I'm not alone.
 
"now he's with Mariya.., she suits him more"
 
"Mariya... hmm.. that I don't know. tell me more about her."
 
"huh? isn't she close with you guys. all of you are celebrities."
 
"yea, but I'm asking about her off the stage and screen"
 
"She's nice, she's my friend"
 
"Really?"
 
"I don't like her."
 
"and one last question... or should I say verification... the one who was at yamada's house taking care of him is not Mariya, but you right?"
 
"I... I... no is not me"
 
"that's no need to lie to me. I can tell who is lying and who is telling the truth."
 
"please don't tell him. there's no need to. I shouldn't be there, Mariya should. and things are going the right way now."
 
"acting noble? I don't understand this. you are hurting so bad, he misunderstood you, and that girl, she's ...ah whatever"
 
"sorry"
 
"why are you apologizing to me. you need to apologise to yourself instead. you are way better than her and you are belittling yourself. I think you deserve Yamada more than her"
 
"no no, Mariya, she's prettier, she's kind.."
 
"you are insane... these wonderful adjectives sound weird coming from you."
 
"huh?"
 
"forget it. I'm gonna be an onlooker and see how things gonna unfold from now. if you think backing out is a good choice, then lets see from now. time will show."
 
he looks frustrated but just when I thought so...
 
"I promise Yuto to get you home didnt I"
 
"ahh, there's no need"
 
he smiled and grabbed my arms again.
 
"Lets go!"
 
he leaves me no room to refuse. and I didn't feel like forcing him to leave, cause I feel awesome having someone by my side now... earlier on, I feel lonely, out of place and dejected. but not now. 
 
suddenly he turned and looked into my eyes.
 
"the ice cream is nice isn't it?"
 
the question was a good mood changer.
 
"yes" I smiled back.
 
"gambatte Mirai!"
"heh?"
 
He smiled ... the warmth from his smile radiates and it makes everything around seems so bright and hopeful. this is so similar to Yamada-kun. perhaps this is the power of jump members!
 
I smiled back.