SP - 3

My last year in Horikoshi High
Yamada POV
 
/"NOOOO!!! KUMIKO, TELL ME!!! Who are you?!!!!!"/
 
"Ryosuke!" 
I opened my eyes and sat beside me, clutching my hands is my elder sister, Chihiro.
 (<< In reality, she is really Yamada's elder sister, Chihiro)
"Ryosuke, you are really worrying." she wiped the tears and sweat off my face.
 
"what's wrong with you? ever since you graduated from that school, you seemed different... tell me, what's wrong"
 
"Gomenasai onee-san"
 
"come here" she pulled me in for an embrace... i broke down in tears in her arms and she patted my head.
 
"where's the little girl, nee san?"
 
"huh?"
 
"I wanna see Chinen."
 
"wait, you haven't told me anything."
 
"nee san, please... I'll tell you later... please help me get Chinen"
 
"fine. you better tell me after you speak to Chinen-kun... he's just outside"
 
...
 
"Yamada-kun! Daijoubu?"
 
"I'm okay... tell me where~"
 
"I knew you'll ask so Daiki and I tried to find out as much as we can... that girl, Kumiko, she was so worried about you that she cried so badly... then her grandmother took her away. her grandmother, is Mirai's mother. I'm sure of it. so that means Kumiko is really Mirai's daughter..."
 
"why did she keep it a secret! why must she suffer by herself! why don't she just let me know?!!! I'm such a useless person who haven't even tell her I love her!" my tears are choking my words.
"calm down Yamachan! it is not 100 percent sure Kumiko is your child..."
 
"she is! you know it too, Chinen! the first time I meet her, I feel something... I feel this weird feeling of attachment even though we have never met"
 
I removed the tubes that are attached to me... I wanted to go and ask Mirai myself.
 
"Chotto!! yamachan!"
 
"don't stop me!"
 
"okay okay. but let me go with you. just in case anything happens. I can help"
 
Chinen patted my back. again, I'm thankful of him.
 
"heh?! Ryosuke! where are you going?!" Chihiro has been talking to Daiki outside my ward. She tried to stop me.
"onee san , I'll explain to you when I get back. don't worry, I'm fine. Chinen will be with me. right, Chinen?"
 
"yes, don't worry!" Chinen responded.
 
"but...hey! stop... Ryosuke!" my sister tried to hold me back, but Daiki grabbed hold of her so that I can make an escape.
 
"Arigatou Daichan! Onee san, Gomenasai! I need to settle this or I'll hate myself forever!" I ran the moment I finished saying.
 
...
"if you're not feeling well, please say... okay?"
 
"I will. Chinen, arigatou"
 
"Here it is!!!"
 
"hey wait up! yamachan!"
 
ding dong. ding dong "Mirai!!! open the door! it's me Ryosuke!!!"
 
ding dong.
 
"are you guys looking for this family?" the neighbor next door asked.
 
intuitively, we tried to hide our faces so that we don't get unnecessary attention.
 
"err, yes..."
 
"they left early this morning"
 
"WHAT?!"
 
I couldn't stand straight. I knelt on the floor as I knew I was late again.
 
I broke down in tears. 
Chinen grabbed me "yamachan...this time, I promise you I'll find her for you. not just me, Daiki and Yuto will help too. actually, we have already agreed among ourselves to help you, so you're not alone okay!"
 
"and me." said another voice.
 
"Onee san~" my sister and Daiki are standing behind me.
 
She gave me a hug... a warm hug that really relaxed my nerves. she has always been quite stern with me but she cares alot about me... and by this time, I'm really grateful for having her as my sister. 
 
"Baka! you are my little brother... I'll stand by your side no matter what. I didn't know all these horrible stuff happened... if I knew, that Mariya will be so dead. I won't let anyone bully my brother... you understand?"
 
"Onee san~"
 
"don't keep any more secrets from me. and don't you worry, the four of us will help you... whether or not that girl is your daughter, what's most important now is to find the woman you loved. isn't it, Ryosuke"
 
"I love her"
 
"it's not just feelings of pity right?"
 
"no.. it has never been feelings of pity.. since i first chat with her... the last year in Horikoshi... after we were punished to clean the toilets...I started to care a lot about what she does, what she says and how she feels...it's just that I never told her how I feel... if I did, None of these would have happened!"
 
she wiped the tears off my eyes.
 
"Ryosuke... leave the regrets behind. tell yourself, the next time you see her, you've to tell her how you feel! okay?"
 
"hai" I embraced my sister and laid on her shoulders. my lids were so heavy and the dizzy spells kicked in.
 
"Ryosuke~"
...
Chihiro POV
 
Days after days. there were no news of Mirai, Kumiko and their family.
 
it's like they vanished.
 
My brother ... I know he is trying to smile in front of the camera... in front of everyone, including me, Chinen, Daiki and Yuto who shared his thoughts. I know he is still hurt.
 
there's just too much of questions unresolved and regrets to brood over.. that even I feel overwhelmed... let alone the person involved.
 
Yuma POV
"okasan! Baka! why must you switch my channel!" Kumiko rebutted.
 
"I told you NO MORE JUMP" Mirai is almost about to slap her daughter once again, luckily I grabbed her away.
 
"Mirai, you are being too unreasonable. the more you do this, the more I'm convinced that you need Yamada Ryosuke." I shouted at her
 
"I don't need him!"
 
"you don't wanna burden him I know.. but look, I can tell from his face that he's not dealing with it well either. both of you!"
 
"if he knows, it's just gonna make it worst. it's for his good"
 
"don't act so holy, Miss! you are not a saint, you're not invincible! you are venting your frustration on Kumiko! how do you know this is for his good, you could be hurting him as well!"
 
"you don't know anything!"
 
"I don't know?! fine! but I must tell you, from a bystander's point of view , he LIKES you! from the very first moment I saw him hugging you at your house that day, I could tell from his eyes! that's not pitying you! that's love!"
I was so peeved at her ignorance... I walked out...
 
"Kumiko, wanna come with Niichan"
"yes!" she ran towards me.
 
"Hey!" Mirai shouted.
 
"you two need some peace time. I'll bring her for a walk to cool down." I give her a cheeky smile.
 
...
"want Niichan to carry you?"
 
"hai" she's still sobbing from the reprimand of her mom.
 
I carried the crying girl in my arms.
 
"Niichan... why is mom so nasty! she doesn't allow me to attend Jump's concert, fanmeet and even watch them on TV"
 
"Kumiko, don't blame your mom. do you wanna meet your Ryosuke Niichan."
 
"Hai!!! will you bring me to their concert?!"
 
"better than that. just sleep first, I'll give you a surprise. Niichan took really long to prepare for this."
 
"hai. arigatou Niichan" 
 
the little girl instantly fell asleep on my shoulders. her smile is indeed dazzling like her dad.
 
...
Yamada POV
 
ding dong~
 
"Isn't there anyone to open the door" i drag myself to the door, after realising that everyone is out.
 
I opened the door frustratedly "Oneesan, did you forget something again?!"
 
"it's you" i said
 
"hello again! great that a superstar like you remember me"
 
"this girl~ she is~ she is~" tears are welling up in my eyes.
"Shh... she just fell asleep. and Yes, she's Yamada Kumiko. aren't you gonna invite me in?"
 
"gomen" I hurried them in.
 
I grab my blanket and wrap the girl to keep her warm. I ran my hand over her hair "Kumiko... are you my~"
"daughter?" Yuma interrupted.
 
I grabbed Yuma by the shoulder and asked him sternly, "is she my daughter?!"
he smirked.
 
"what do you think?... do you think Kumiko is the product of that night, you and Mirai...?"
 
"she is. I just know it"
 
"then she shall be~"
 
"do you love Mirai? not because you pity her or you feel that you owe her, but pure, genuine love?"
 
"I DO! I ALWAYS DO!"
 
"Then tell her! stop being a coward! stop pulling back!"
 
"here, this is your last chance... don't fail me, most importantly, don't fail your daughter. she quarreled with her mom because she wanted to see you after you collapsed that day... on top of that, she misses her dad dearly and she has never met him. Mirai, she doesn't know how you feel! she has been liking you since she first met you in school, and needless to say, she has gone through horrifying stuff because of you. she's giving up on you, these 5 years, she is determined to rid you off her memory... it's all up to you to hold on to her! she's done so much for you! it's your time to do something for the one you love!" he handed me a piece of paper and within it, is an address.
 
he walked towards the door.
 
"Yuma!"
 
"Kumiko would love to have you bring her back."
 
"arigatou Nakayama Yuma."
 
He smiled and left.
 
My eyes shift to the girl, soundly asleep... I thought of her beautiful smile that gave me strength the night we met.
She is my daughter.
 
 I stare at the address he gave... 
Mirai... I won't let you go...Please wait for me.