Chapter 4

My last year in Horikoshi High

my last year in Horikoshi high

Yamada POV
"mystery... http://v.yinyuetai.com/video/559564" all my body cells are fully activated. adrenaline rushed as I sang my solo hit! I don't wanna screw this cause there'll be no one covering for me. a little more and YES, i survived the day!
"Minna-san! arigatou!" I joined hands with my band mates and the crowd gave us a standing ovation!
"you did spectacular, Ryo." Yabu placed his shoulder over me. he's like my big brother... or rather a big brother to all of us. 
 
"arigatou" I smiled with gratitude.
 
"yamada-kun~" 
 
Mirai? why is she here? my eyes isn't playing tricks on me right.
"are you okay?"
 
I turned to stare at my members, thinking who is the one who told her that I'm sick.
 
"Er, yamachan, she..." Chinen spoke but I feel very irritated with just the mere mention of her so I interrupted him.
 
"I'm fine, sorry to disappoint you. since you hated me, you probably want me to screw this up. anyway, this is none of your business." I said to her face coldly.
"yamachan, but.." Chinen cut in.
"Mariya~" she threw herself over me and I must admit it has taken me aback. where did she pop out from?
(credit in image)
"HEH?!" all hey say jump members exclaimed together.
 
"Shhhh..!" I gently release myself from her arms and pushed my members into put resting room and grabbing Mariya along with me.
 
I quickly threw a second glance over my back and I saw Mirai standing there quietly.
it hurts.
 
why do I have to be so mean to her.
 
because she did it to me as well?
 
for revenge?
Mirai POV
 
Yamada and Mariya? they're a couple already?
 
they should have...
 
they are compatible. always are.
 
I don't stand a chance. never once, not now, not in the future.
 
He detests me. He hates me. 
 
I deserve to be hated!
 
Why is My heart hurting so bad! 
 
I wiped the tears off my face and ran towards the exit while the rest were invited into the resting room. I wasn't invited.
 
I was barred from entering. I was barred by Yamada.
 
...
Yamada POV
 
"WHAT?!" all the members shouted.
 
"Shhh!!! do you guys want the staff to find out!"
 
"when did you guys start dating anyway?" Yuto can't control his curiosity.
 
"Just. Mariya even took care of me when I was very sick and she accompanied me here"
 
"but~" Chinen looked disturbed.
 
"what is it? Is it about Mirai?! I really don't wanna hear anything about her, sorry Chinen" I feel apologetic to Chinen. we're like the bestest buddies but yet I kept ignoring him today.
 
He still look disturbed. is it my tone? am I too harsh?
 
"congrats yamachan!" Chinen was the first one to say. I felt relieved when he smiled.
other members followed suit.
 
"be careful not to get caught. I don't wanna see you sharing the same fate as you-know-who... you know how much it hurt us to see you-know-who leaves even until now, so I don't wanna see it happen again!"
 
"I understand, Yabu-kun" he smiled back.
 
"Let's get changed. Mariya-san, if you don't mind, you can wait for yamada outside" Yabu said.
 
"yeah, wait for me outside. I'll be done before you know it" 
 
"hai" she smiled. she sounded shaky. hmm, maybe she is tired.
 
...
Mariya POV
 
What if Yamada finds out that I'm not the one...
 
no way, I just got him and I'm not gonna lose! 
 
If you dare spill it, Mirai, I'll make you pay for it!
 
there's just one more problem.
 
"Chinen!"
 
"ah yes, Mariya-chan" he looked uneasy.
 
"Chinen, I really love yamada-kun. please keep the secret for me. please"
"Mariya"
 
"you see, Yamada likes me as well. you don't wanna ruin this for us right. "
 
"er..."
 
"please Chinen!" I knelt on the ground. I'm desperate. if Chinen says it, Yamada is bound to believe him.
 
"Oh my. Mariya, don't kneel!"
 
"please promise me"
 
"okay okay I promise you... anyway, I guess nothing is gonna change even if i tell him that Mirai was there"
 
"Chinen, you can't tell him that"
 
"okay okay I won't. just that, this is not fair to her"
 
"I'll explain to Mirai."
 
"you will?"
 
"of course! she's my best friend. she'll help me, she knows I like him. that's why she called me"
 
"hmm I guess. though I always thought there's something between yamada and her" Chinen whispered to himself. I heard his words clearly and I know his concerns are more than just guesses... they are real. they do have something for each other, and I'm not gonna let it come true!
 
Chinen POV
 
What she said makes sense... guess they do love each other and mentioning Mirai wouldn't really change anything. it'll only break this 2 lovebirds up. 
 
I hope I'm doing the best thing for Yamachan. as long as he's not hurt, then I guess it's fine to accede to the request. 
 
anyway, he really doesn't seem to be showing any signs that he will forgive Mirai for all the nasty things she said... but I still can't totally believe that Mirai says she hates Yamachan. I always get the sense she likes him? especially at the film site... the words she spoke... and Yamachan, he's seemed so affected by it. I mean yeah he hates people who hates him but he really seems overly affected by Mirai's words. he lost his appetite for days and I've never seen him so nasty to a girl before, what's more she's our classmate. I thought he kinda like her? 
 
I must be thinking too much.
 
wow, this sure is giving me a headache. 
 
love is a complicated affair.
 
Mirai-chan... I hope you will be fine. 
 
Mariya POV
 
one problem down. now to find her.
 
"Mirai!" I knew she'll be crying and acting pitiful in one corner.
 
"Mariya~"
 
"Why are you here?!"
 
"huh?"
 
"I say WHY ARE YOU HERE?!" her crocodile tears are making me irk.
 
"I ... I just wanna check if he's alright"
 
"look, Chinen made a blunder by calling you to yamada's house. I thank you for telling me. I also recalled telling you he doesn't wanna see you so why did you come? I told you to take it that you didn't go to his house.. that'll be better for him since your presence affects his mood. if he knows Chinen gave you his address, he'll blow his top at Chinen. you don't want that too right?! don't make things difficult for everyone. just disappear."
 
"go~menasai Mariya"
"Mirai, he's my boyfriend now. I'll take good care of him. other than me, his buddies will take care of him too. so don't worry, okay? I don't wanna be so harsh to you but you need to absorb what I say, it's for your good"
"arigatou" she wiped her tears and walked off without saying goodbye.
 
"Mirai, so you won't tell him about today right"
 
she stood motionless with her back facing me and said "I won't appear in front of him anymore"
 
Mirai POV
 
I increased my speed. I need to get out of this place. everything is suffocating me. my heart hurts so much like million arrows shooting into the centre of my heart. my tears are following uncontrollably and they are blocking my view. 
 
I crashed into something warm.. moderately hard and soft... it's unusually comfortable...like a cushion? a shield? I stayed buried on this 'cushion' and cried very hard!
this 'cushion' reciprocated. warm feeling of reassurance was injected into my shoulders to all parts of my body. it was a pair of hands. but whose?
 
I finally retreated from the comfort and looked up at the owner of those comforting hands and 'cushion'.... regardless of how embarrassing it might have been.
 
"Daijoubu?"
his features resemble Yamada... he is just as sweet looking as him too... he's well groomed, dressed in a pair of jeans, a casual top and a blazer.
 
"You are Mirai-san right?"
 
"I'm ... sorry" I choked on my tears. i quickly wiped those damn tears from my eyes and face, and wanted to escape from this really embarrassing situation.
he grabbed my arms.
 
"Chotto Mirai-san"
now that I had a better view of him without having my tears come in between, I realised he looks familiar.
 
"Who are you?"
he smiled... even his smile resembled Yamada
 
"Ah, I'm not that popular huh." is he supposed to be, I thought... but come to think of it, given his image and good looks, he must be a performer! where have I seen him?!
 
"chill. I'm kidding. I'm .... from Hey! Say! JUMP"
 
 his name echoed in my mind! this is not helping... why is my world colliding with Yamada when I already tried to escape and distant myself! 
 
Regardless of how much I want to get out, he remained his tight grip of my arm. instead of letting go, he said...
 
"you know, girl's tears are very precious and shouldn't be seen in public. come with me if you don't want to embarrass yourself in front of Yamada or that girl... they'll walk down this aisle in seconds."
 
He tugged me under his shoulders and walked me through a deserted walkway for staff only.