First Day thoughts

Confessions of my Obsession

 

"Do we have any classes together?," he asked, his eyes shifting from me to the paper.
 
"Y-yeah we do actually," I said nervously, "All of them."
 
"Oh, cool. Now I won't have to worry about being lonely in my classes," he said happily. I was beginning to think that we were actually becoming friends. My obsession and I being frends, walking down the hall then one day he'll ask me out and we'll fall in love and-
 
The bell rang, pulling me out of my wandering thoughts of Peniel and my future with him. I stood up and grabbed my bag getting ready to leave when Peniel tapped me on the shoulder. I looked at him and saw what I thought was panic but it changed quickly to his normal smooth facial expression.
 
"I'll, uh, see ya tomorrow, Sungjae."
 
I smiled and said "yeah, see ya tomorrow," then I left towards my locker.
     *      *      *
Peniel has been my obsession since I was 12, when I first saw him. We were in middle school and I was walking towards the cafeteria's lunch line when I saw him sitting at a table in the corner. He was with 3 other guys, chatting happily. He was new, I could tell because I hadn't ever seen him until then and everyone was making a fuss about him, saying he was a new transfer student from America. It was like love at first sight, but it was all one sided.
 
5 years later  and he finally noticed me. I guess i have been keeping under the radar, making sure no one notices me. the only friend i have is Minhyuk, I never needed anyone else. Most people over look me anyway, I'm not really attractive, but I'm also not unattractive. I'm just sort of there like... A table. Or blanket. I'm there and used when needed then left behind. That's how it's always been, but I wish someone would change that. I wish Peniel would change that.
 
I know most things about him, socially, like he's a good student, he respects his teachers, he doesn't really like jocks but he does like sports, he's really into music and he plays the guitar and sings. He's the lead singer of his band The Cliff, and he's fluent in English.
 
What I don't know though is his home life and personal things like his favorite color or his favorite song. I don't even know how he gets the inspiration for the music he rights. Maybe we'll become friends. And maybe I can tell him I'm gay. And who knows, maybe he'll be accepting.
 
I don't just want Peniel ually, I want him to be my friend too. Someone I can trust and go to for help. I want... Love? Affection? Attention? I just want his friendship most of all and then we'll go from there.
      *      *      *
I walked into my first class  the next morning and quickly went to my desk in the back and pulled out my notebook. I sat there patiently waiting for Peniel to walk in. I hope he isn't late, I thought.
 
I flipped open my notebook to review the notes from yesterday when suddenly I felt the atmosphere change. Most of the girls started whispering and some guys did too but it wasn't as much. I already knew that Peniel had entered the room but what I didn't know was what he was wearing.
 
When I looked up I saw a God  dressed in black walking towards me. I felt my pants tighten at the delicious sight before me. I want that man right here, right now.
 
Peniel was wearing a low, black V-neck shirt, exposing his amazing collarbones (that enough could get me hard) and dark blue skinny jeans, slightly showing off his bulge. He's definitely not small, i thought, not that I mind. And he was wearing his signature studs in his ears.
 
Oh crap, I thought, he's walking towards me and I'm hard. Crap. Crap. Crap. Think about something else, Sungjae! Think about flowers, flowers are harmless as are trees and rainbows and- wow even my thoughts scream gay. I hope he can't read my mind if he-
 
"Hey," oh crap, "is the seat next to to open?," oh crap.
 
"U-uh, yeah," I said and crossed my legs quickly hoping he wouldn't see my problem. He walked past me to the seat next to me and I got a whiff of his cologne. This man radiated , even his smell attracted me in.
 
He sat down next to me pulled out his journal to look over his notes. By now most of the girls in the class were glaring me down. It's like they know I'm gay, which is impossible because minhyuk is the only one who knows. I smiled at them and looked back down at my notes trying to calm myself down.
 
"Hey can I borrow your notes from yesterday real quick?," he asked.
 
"Sure, but I didn't write everything down. I only wrote what she said is going to be on the test," I said, handing over my notebook.
 
He took it and began looking over my notes intently. I never knew how cute he looked when he was concentrating. I wonder how he looks when-
 
Nope. Nope. Nope. Don't think about it! My pants are still tight and my blood keeps rushing south. I've got to think about unattractive things.
 
The bell rang just then and the teacher walked in. "Okay class, today is the unit 3 test, I sure hope you studied!"
 
Peniel sat straight up and handed my book back to me then grabbed his pencil and waited. I quickly put my notebook back in my bag and grabbed my pencil. I faced forward, legs still crossed and waited for Mrs. Park to pass out the test.
     *      *     *
All through the rest of the day I couldn't focus well. Peniel really didn't have any of his normal friends in his - our - classes so he sat with me in all of them, besides lunch, and I had to help him get caught up in the lessons.
 
I'm pretty sure I failed the test since I couldn't concentrate on the questions. Peniel was distracting me with his hot self just sitting beside me. I still couldn't get rid of my problem before class ended so I had to walk awkwardly to my second period, with my backpack in front of me. Luckily Peniel never asked why.
 
Now here I am, sitting in my usual spot with minhyuk, watching Peniel play soccer. Watching his hot body go back and forth across the field.
 
Minhyuk was absentmindedly twirling a flower in between his fingers when he looked over at me and said, "Jae jae, you need to talk to him more."
 
I was taken aback by his sudden comment. "I have been, but I can't help it that he still makes me nervous."
 
"Ask him to hang out with you sometime, you know, as friends," he said as he stopped playing with the flower.
 
I looked at him and saw his expression was serious, that's a rarity with Minhyuk. I thought about what he said and returned to staring off towards the field.
 
At that moment Peniel happened to be looking over here, gulping down some water. Oh that's great, I thought, now he's gonna think I've been staring at him this whole time! He put down his water bottle and flashed a smile at me. My heart started to beat like crazy. Quickly I smiled back then looked back at Minhyuk.
 
"I don't think I can... Or should. I'm fine with looking from a distance, it's not like I have a chance anyway," I said sadly. It was true. I may have strong feelings for Peniel but the fact still stands that he won't ever see me like that. End of story.
 
"But he acknowledges you. Things aren't like they were last week. Heck, things aren't even like how they were on Monday! Just become friends with him, better friends and who knows? Maybe you two will be really good friends."
 
He has a point. But still, I find it hard to be 'normal' around him.
 
"I'll try, I guess."
 
"Good, there's no harm in just trying Jae Jae!," Minhyuk chirply said, twirling the flower once more with a smile plastered across his face. Good.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
----------
A/N: So I haven't exactly written , per se. I've written before but never for an audience so I'm trying to get there :3 bear with me!!
 
Also thank you for the subs!! I didn't think anyone would actually read my stuff! Please comment away!! Comment really help me get a direction of what to write! Even if you don't subscribe, comment PLEASE!!!!!
 
I love you guys!!!
AND
HAPPY HUMP DAAYYY!!!
(Sorry I'm so weird!)