With You

Confessions of my Obsession

Rated F for fluff :D

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------

“Sungjae!” Peniel yelled, the sounds echoing off the walls throughout the empty house.

 

Peniel frantically went from room to room checking everywhere he could, but not a single trace of the younger was found.

 

“Sungjae, please!” Peniel yelled exasperatedly. The elder was having a hard time keeping his sanity in check as he searched all over the place for his boyfriend.

 

After a few more rounds of going to each room, Peniel flopped down onto his bed and let out a heavy sigh in defeat.

 

“Jae,” he yelled, “if you can hear me, I quit.” Peniel rubbed his forehead and closed his eyes. He was never good at admitting defeat.

 

“Did I hear you surrender?” Sungjae asked as he laid down next to Peniel on his bed.

 

Peniel let out a heavy sigh then looked over at the younger.

 

“Yes, you did. You win. I hate this game.”

 

Sungjae laughed at Peniel’s pout and kissed the tip of his nose.

 

“I told you I never lose a game of hide-and-seek, you just refused to listen.”

 

“But, like, how? I searched everywhere and I couldn’t find you. It’s like you turned invisible.”

 

Sungjae smiled slyly before answering.

 

“It’s a secret. It is how I’ve managed to stay out of most people’s sight at school.”

 

“Not me,” Peniel admitted. “I’ve always noticed you.”

 

Sungjae blushed slightly at his boyfriend’s words. Sure they had been dating for four months already, but still, Peniel always had a way of making Sungjae feel like his old, shy self again. But not in a bad way.

 

Peniel moved closer to Sungjae, placing two fingers under his chin and placed a gentle kiss on his lips which made Sungjae blush even more.

 

When Peniel pulled away he saw how he made the younger react to his loving actions and that made his heart flutter.

 

“It’s like the first time everytime,” Sungjae admitted sheepishly. “No matter how many times we kiss, you make me feel all giddy inside just like our first kiss in that treehouse.”

 

Peniel smiled brightly as he reminisced on that cold night long ago.

 

“You’re still so cute when you blush,” Peniel concluded as he began peppering Sungjae’s face with kisses.

 

“We should visit our special place. It’s been awhile…” Sungjae said.

 

Peniel pulled back from the younger and smiled. “I think we should, too.”

*            *            *            *

“Ah, this place has so many memories,” Peniel said as he and Sungjae sat down next to each other, intertwining their fingers absentmindedly.

 

“Things seem so different now from that time even though it wasn’t long ago,” Sungjae said as he leaned his head against Peniel’s shoulder.

 

“My favorite memory of this place is when we came here for your eighteenth birthday,” Peniel said with a smirk on his face. “Damn, that was one hot night.”

 

Sungjae blushed a bright red as he remembered their crazy, secret party.

 

“Y-yeah. And now that we know that just a sip of alcohol makes me , I shall never drink alcohol again,” Sungjae said, slightly embarrassed.

 

“I don’t think you can blame the alcohol entirely… I was also pretty that night too,” Peniel admitted.

 

“We are a bad mix, especially with alcohol involved.”

 

Peniel laughed and nodded his head in agreement. “Yeah, but that’s what makes us perfect for each other.”

 

After a few moments of silence, Peniel spoke.

 

“Hey, Jae,” he said softly.

 

“Yes?”

 

“I… I was thinking…” Peniel trailed off.

 

“… About what?” Sungjae finally asked after a few minutes.

 

“Us. Graduation is coming up. Only six more weeks until we’re finished with high school… and I was wondering… Where does that leave us?” Peniel asked in almost a sad way.

 

Sungjae looked at Peniel and saw something glimmer in his eye. Something crossed between hope and desperation, like he wanted Sungjae to take the next step in the conversation.

 

“I know exactly where that leaves us,” Sungjae said confidently.

 

Peniel was taken by surprise by the younger’s answer.

 

“You do?”

 

“Mhmm. We are going to rent an apartment together, first of all. I will be attending the same college at Minhyuk and you will be working your music with your band, like you have been,” Sungjae affirmed.

 

Peniel smiled sweetly at the other and placed a chaste kiss on his lips.

 

“Sounds perfect. And the first step is taken care of already,” Peniel responded.

 

“It is?” Sungjae asked confusedly.

 

“Yes, I went apartment searching two weeks ago and I found something close to your school and the recording studio. I think you’ll love it, but I want you to see it first before we sign anything,” Peniel admitted sheepishly.

 

Sungjae felt his heartbeat quicken and butterflies began to erupt in his stomach.

 

“Yes! Let’s go tomorrow! I love you so much,” Sungjae rambled out.

 

Peniel chuckled at his boyfriend’s reaction.

 

“Okay, then we’ll check it out after school tomorrow. I love you too, baby. Nothing will ever change that,” Peniel murmured as he ran his hand through the younger’s hair. “Did you really think everything out like that?”

 

Sungjae nodded and kissed Peniel’s forehead.

 

“I thought about this shortly after my birthday. At first, I freaked because I didn’t know how anything was going to work out, but after a while, it all fell into place and it just made sense. I love you, and I don’t want to be away from you. I thought we could find some place to live together, some place cheap and I would get a job to help pay for rent while you focused on your music-“

 

“No! I don’t want you to work, I want you to focus on your educati-“

 

“Shh,” Sungjae said as he placed a finger to Peniel’s lips, “I know. You’ve made it clear that you want me to stay focused on my studies. When you told me about how you’re band did really well with the sales of your first CD and that this summer you would be recording for another CD and doing more gigs in further places, I thought that maybe this would be your big break and you wouldn’t want me anymore since you’d be off touring with your band and recording new songs-“

 

“Sungjae, baby, you know that isn’t what I want.”

 

“Yes, I know that now, but it crossed my mind for a brief moment. After a while, I thought it through again and came to this conclusion: no matter where you go in your music career, I will be with you every step of the way, because I can’t live without you. I understand that one day we will have to be apart for weeks, maybe even months at a time, but I know you’ll come back home to me.”

 

“I always will,” Peniel declared.

 

Sungjae smiled and kissed Peniel on the cheek.

 

“So this is the plan: you focus on your music and I’ll focus on my studies, but we’ll do it together,” Sungjae concluded.

 

Peniel nodded and peppered Sungjae’s face with kisses.

 

“Sounds perfect to me,” Peniel said in between kisses.

 

Sungjae felt his heart flutter as the reality of their future began to set in. His obsession became his boyfriend, and now they were making plans to live together. It was funny to think that a short 7 months ago Sungjae wouldn’t have ever believed such a thing could be possible.

 

“Should we celebrate?” Peniel whispered huskily in Sungjae’s ear.

 

Sungjae’s heartbeat raced at the suggestion and only one answer came to mind.

 

“Hell yeah.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------

A/N: and the end is upon us. Only one or two more chapters left, I haven’t quite decided yet :3

Ah! I’m so sad my first story is coming to an end :’( but it’ll be a sweet end :)

 

Thank you to all who have subscribed while I have been MIA and those who have stayed subscribed while I was gone :3 I wasn’t meaning to be missing for sooooo long but, life happened and yeah… but I’m back!!!

 

Happy almost weekend!! I love y’all!!