Catch Me, Baby

Confessions of my Obsession

“I can’t believe it.”

“I know, Jae Jae! We did it! We made it!” Minhyuk exclaimed as he and Sungjae walked towards his car.

“We… We’re no longer… high schoolers,” Sungjae mumbled in amazement as he looked over his high school diploma. “We’re official adults… what?”

“Oh, baby. We’ve practically been adults this whole year. Just now, we are expected to take care of ourselves,” Minhyuk explained as he patted the younger’s back as they approached his car.

“I don’t know if I can do this,” Sungjae said in a dazed manner as he slid into the passenger seat of Minhyuk’s car.

“Do what, baby?”

“This,” Sungjae exclaimed as he flailed his arms around. “This whole adult thing. Peniel and I still play hide and seek for crying out loud. We even have a secret treehouse! I don’t know if I can be an adult, I wasn’t made to fit that mold.”

Minhyuk smiled gently and patted the younger’s leg reassuringly.

“You don’t have to stop doing childish things. Just because you get older doesn’t mean you have to grow up and become and stickler,” Minhyuk explained.

“But college is different than high school. The courses are harder, I’m going to be stuck studying all the time. Heck, I don’t even know what I want to do with my life!” Sungjae exploded.

Minhyuk did nothing but smile at the younger.

“Jae Jae, you don’t have to know right now. You don’t even have to know in four years! People change their mind all the time. Just focus on now, live for now. And for the love of all the gods, please just breathe!”

Sungjae took a deep breath in then exhaled slowly to calm himself down. After repeating the process a few times more, Sungjae finally found his sanity and calmed his racing thoughts.

“Alright, I’m better now,” he said then gave a sheepish smile to the elder. “I’m glad I always have you to calm me down.”

“Forever and always, Jae jae, you and me,” Minhyuk said. “Shall we go get ready for the party?”

Sungjae let out a sigh and ran a hand through his hair.

“Yeah.”

*               *               *               *

“There’s a lot more people here from our school than I thought,” Sungjae commented to Minhyuk as they walked into the club Peniel was booked to play at that evening.

“Well, Peniel did invite the whole graduating class to come see him play in celebration of surviving high school.”

“Yeah, but I though only a handful of people would show up, not the whole class,” Sungjae complained as he maneuvered his way through the crowd, following Minhyuk closely.

“Honey!” Minhyuk exclaimed when a certain muscular man near the bar caught his attention.

The elder took off after his boyfriend, leaving Sungjae to escape the crowd on his own.

“Yah! Minhyukkie, you could’ve at least dragged me with you,” Sungjae complained when he finally made it to where the two gentlemen were standing by the bar. “I had to fight off the crowd alone.”

“I’m sorry, Jae Jae. Hyunsik caught my attention and I couldn’t stop myself,” Minhyuk said with a small grin on his face as he looked up at his boyfriend whose arm was around his shoulder protectively.

“You two are so cute,” Sungjae said as he breathed out a content sigh, forgetting that he was abandoned just seconds prior.

“Check, check, 1, 2, 3,” a voice through the speakers spoke. “Ah, Good evening everyone! I’m so glad you could make it out here tonight!”

The voice had Sungjae snap his head around to face the stage. A smile broke out across his face as he saw Peniel standing in front of the microphone looking out at the crowd. The lights began to dim as the lights on stage became brighter and the rest of the band came on stage.

“We made it!” Peniel shouted as he threw his fist in the air.

“Yeah!” the crowd shouted in unison and did the same air punch.

“How about we rock out all night?!”

“Yeah!”

“Let’s get started!” Peniel declared. The drummer did a measure count on his drum sticks then the instruments began playing.

Sungjae watched in awe from the back as his before began to rock out on stage. His voice sounded like honey to him, even in the raps his voice was the sweetest he’d ever heard. Being so lost in his voice and the rush of the music, Sungjae hadn’t realized that he wandered into the middle of the club and was now one with the crowd, leaving Minhyuk and Hyunsik at the bar.

Somewhere during the concert Peniel became shirtless, much to Sungjae’s dismay and pleasure, throwing his soaked shirt somewhere to the side of the stage, but Sungjae didn’t miss the group of girls that jumped up and grabbed his shirt then fought over who would keep it, ultimately ripping it to pieces in the process.

Peniel got a great response from the crowd- many girls screamed once his muscles were on display with a thin

After almost two hours of playing, a fist fight that broke out near the front but quickly ended when security grabbed the two gentlemen and threw them out, and a few girls trying to flirt with Sungjae the gig came to an end.

“Alright,” Peniel announced after he gulped down the rest of his water bottle, sweat glistening all over his body. “Sadly, the end has come.”

An uproar of disapproval broke out throughout the club.

“But-” Peniel cut in, “I do have one more song to sing.”

The crowd did a 180 and began clapping and cheering Peniel on as he turned to face the band to talk about something.

Sungjae began to get a feeling in his gut, something was going to happen he could feel it, but he didn’t know what it was.

“Alright, this last one,” Peniel said as he grabbed the wireless mic out of its stand, “is called Catch Me. It’s going to be on our new album, which we will be recording next month.”

Sungjae’s heart began to pound as Peniel’s eyes began to roam the crowd and he walked closer to the edge of the stage.

“I wrote it in dedication to someone very special to me. We’ve been together for quite some time now, but we haven’t announced our relationship to anyone yet. Not until tonight.”

Oh .

The music started and Sungjae recognized the tune. He’d heard the music to it once when Peniel played it for him, but the words weren’t recorded so it was just the tune. Tonight he was going to hear what Peniel wrote for him.

“jjaritan cheot neukkim Love love fall in love / ajjilhan soksagim Boy, boy want you boy-”

Suddenly Peniel spotted Sungjae amongst the crowd below him and locked eyes. Sungjae felt a shiver roll down his spine as Peniel smiled and continued singing.

“ttak geollyeosseo neowa na majuchin sungan / nan neukkyeosseo nunbichi heundeullineun geol-”

 Peniel pointed to Sungjae casuing everyone to look in that direction but past Sungjae and towards people behind him.

You’re an , Peniel… but I love you.

“gwiyeoun maltuwa ko ko ottukhan ko / cheonsaga bunmyeonghae neol gatgo sipeo / mangseoriji malgo wa-”

Suddenly Peniel jumped off the stage and into the crowd with a spotlight following his actions.

NO, NO, NO, and NO.

“Catch me nal kkwak jabajullae  / Touch me neol kkok anajulge / tteollineun geu ipsure Don't let me go I'll hold you so / nunbusin dalbit arae No please don't go I want you so-”

As Peniel kept singing he walked closer and closer to where Sungjae was. Sungjae was frozen in his spot for a second before he got an idea.

Before Peniel could get close to him he ducked down and crept his way further into the crowd away from Peniel.

“Catch me jom deo soljikhage / Catch me jom deo gwagamhage / neo ttohan neukkijanha Don't let me go I'll hold you so / baboga anijanha neon neon-”

Peniel lost sight of his boyfriend and began searching the crowd for his love. Sungjae snuck his way up the stairs to the top deck where more standing space was then stood up completely, letting Peniel see him.

Peniel looked everywhere while rapping for his boy.

“areumdawo neon Ve.venus geunyeol naege juseyo Jesus! / Pop mak tongtong twineun geunyeoui maeryeogeun mujoe He just wants / sunsuham geu isangeun bulpillyohan gwabitamin seopchwi / jeogeung an dwae sasil neo naege gareuchyeo jwo How to love-”

Finally, Peniel averted his eyes up and saw the younger standing near the balcony of the upper standing level. He smiled then continued his singing and walking towards him.

“simjangui bakdongeun Up up beating up / neol chatneun sokdoga jeomjeom ppallajyeo / nan nogasseo nal boneun nun bit aneseo / neon eoreosseo maldo hal suga eobseosseo-”

The spotlight followed Peniel as he pushed through the eager crowd and made his way up the stairs.

With a devious smile plastered on his face, Sungjae ducked back down and snuck away from his spot when the crowd covered Peniel’s line of sight.

Sungjae snuck towards the other side of the upper level where the other set of stairs was, but stayed put until Peniel could see him.

“uri hamkkeramyeon deo deo meotjil geol / amu geokjeong malgo Come come come on boy (Come on boy) / songmaeumeul boyeojwo-”

The crowd finally moved out of Peniel’s way, making his once set sight on Sungjae gone. He looked around, quickly scanning the crowd before he saw the younger on the opposite side of where he was standing. Sungjae threw a wink and Peniel and mouthed the words catch me, as Peniel sang the chorus once more.

Peniel began walking towards Sungjae, but the crowd blocked his line of sight once again and the younger wasn’t in his spot anymore. Luckily, he caught the top of his head in the crowd below then Sungjae looked up and smiled at him.

“hansungan modeun ge byeonhaesseo naega aldeon jeonbuneun muneojyeosseo (Please don't go) / Baby ojik neomani nareul wanjeonhage mandeunikka Oh yeah~”

Peniel made his way down the stairs and back into the crowd below, searching for his baby.

He was completely lost and without a single inkling of where the younger was until a pair of familiar arms circled his bare waist.

“Catch me ibeon han beonin geol (han beonin geol Catch) / Catch me nan kkok neoppuniya / nae mam jom jabajullae Don't let me go I'll hold you so / oneuri gagi jeone (oneuri gagi jeone)-”

Peniel turned around and faced his lover with the spotlight beating down on both of them and the crowd let out a gasp when they saw who it was Peniel was talking about.

“Catch me naege soljikhage (Catch) / One step han bal dagawa bwa / eojjeol suga eomna bwa Don't let me go I'll hold you so / sumgil suga eomneun neo-”

Peniel sang to Sungjae and began leading him towards the stage. The crowd was going crazy and cheering the couple on while dancing to the music.

“You gotta be one with me geuge choeseonigo / ikkeullimi keojini neon bunmyeong unmyeongiyo / ijen deo jiche hal sigani eobseo neowa nan imi sigani bujokhae / naegero oneun beop byeollo eoryeopji anha ne gaseumi sikineun daero hamyeon dwae geureomyeon dwae.”

Sungjae was standing on the stage with Peniel, hand in hand facing the crowd. When the music stopped and the song was over, Peniel kissed him on the cheek and the crowd went crazy, clapping and whistling at the young couple.

A blush flushed across Sungjae’s cheeks as he stood on stage looking out into the crowd of people who once never noticed him until that night.

“Everyone, I’d like you to meet my boyfriend, Sungjae,” Peniel introduced as he gestured towards the younger standing beside him shyly.

The crowd clapped and hollered at the younger.

To Sungjae’s surprise, not everyone was pissed off like he thought they’d be. They were supportive of them two despite the fact that they were both boys and Peniel was no longer a single man.

Peniel began speaking again, but Sungjae didn’t pay much attention, he was in a daze from the bright lights and the loud voices.

When the lights on stage went off and the normal ones came back on, Peniel pulled Sungjae with him backstage.

“Looks like I caught you instead,” Sungjae said after he sat down on the couch in Peniel’s private room.

Peniel chuckled and took a swig of cold water as he wiped a towel across his sweaty forehead.

“Well, the song is called Catch Me and it is directed towards you.”

“But you were the one chasing me,” Sungjae explained.

“I’m always chasing you. You take me one a new journey every day in our relationship.”

“Am I hard to keep up with?”

“No, I like to be behind you. I get a nice view of your that way,” Peniel stated with a smirk.

“Maybe I should slow down,” Sungjae retorted with a certain mischief in his eyes.

“Don’t be gentle, Sungjae-yah, I can handle anything,” Peniel cooed as he walked over towards the younger.

“Is that a promise?”

Peniel smirked and leaned down towards the younger until they were eye level.

“It’s a fact,” Peniel said then captured Sungjae’s lips in a heated kiss.

Peniel straddled the younger as Sungjae pulled him closer by the back of his neck. Peniel placed on hand on the Sungjae’s shoulder and the other tangled into his hair.

The heat between them two began to rise. Sungjae let his hands roam down Peniel’s sweaty body, feeling every muscle, every curve until they stopped at his hips and resided.

Peniel began grinding down on the younger as his tongue roamed Sungjae’s mouth.

They were both so lost in their lust that they hadn’t heard the knock on the door.

“Jae Jae,” a familiar voice called.

Peniel recognized the voice and immediately jumped off the younger, landing on the seat right next to him. Sungjae’s face was bright red when he saw Minhyuk and Hyunsik standing by the doorway.

“H-hi, Minhyukkie,” Sungjae stuttered out.

Minhyuk smiled sheepishly as he looked down at his feet.

“Sorry. We knocked a couple times, but I guess you two didn’t hear,” he explained.

“That’s okay, we should be getting ready to leave anyway,” Peniel said.

“Where are going?” Sungjae questioned.

“Minhyuk and Peniel planned this whole surprise dinner for you and me,” Hyunsik answered.

“It’s nothing big, just a little dinner in celebration of us graduating,” Minhyuk further explained.

“I just need to get a shirt on and fix my hair then we can go,” Peniel said.

“Okay, we’ll wait for you by the back doors,” Minhyuk said as he grabbed Hyunsik’s hand then walked out of the room, closing the door behind them.

Sungjae stood up and walked over to the mirror to fix his freshly messed up hair while Peniel looked around for a shirt to put on. They were about to walk out of the backroom after they freshened up when Peniel stopped Sungjae short.

The elder grabbed Sungjae’s wrist with one hand before he could open the door. Sungjae looked at him with confusion as his other hand cupped his cheek.

Peniel kissed him gently on the lips then pulled back a few inches and looked deep into his eyes.

“We’re finishing what we started once we get home,” he whispered.