Bonus: Sleep Confessions

Confessions of my Obsession

“Hyunsik-ah, Sungjae hasn’t called in a few days,” Minhyuk remarked quietly to the elder as they sat snuggled on his couch watching a drama.

 

Hyunsik rubbed comforting circles on the younger’s back. “I know. Maybe that just means things are finally going good between him and Peniel.”

 

“But what if they aren’t?” Minhyuk inquired.

 

Hyunsik smiled softly and placed and tender kiss against the younger’s forehead. “Wouldn’t Sungjae tell you if something bad had happened?”

 

“Well, yes.”

 

“Don’t you trust him?”

 

“Yes. It’s Peniel I don’t trust. He hurt my baby once, who’s to say he won’t do it again somehow?”

 

“Everyone deserves a second chance, don’t you think? And if you trust Sungjae, don’t you trust that he’s doing fine with Peniel?” Hyunsik questioned gently.

 

Minhyuk let the elder’s words sink in for a moment before answering. “You’re right, I’m worrying too much. I’m sure Peniel is treating my baby right,” Minhyuk replied then laid his head down against Hyunsik chest and released a deep sigh.

 

A few moments of silence passed, nothing but the TV playing as white noise as Minhyuk listened to Hyunsik’s heartbeat while Hyunsik ran his fingers through the younger’s hair over and over again.

 

The moment was sweet and tender, but Minhyuk could sense a slight tension in the air that made him feel a little queasy.

 

“You’re thinking,” the younger plainly stated.

 

“Is that a bad thing?”

 

“No, but there’s something you’re not saying,” Minhyuk answered then lifted his head to look up into Hyunsik’s eyes. “What is it, honey?”

 

Hyunsik broke eye contact with the younger, which was rare, and looked mindlessly at the TV.

 

The silence dragged on killing Minhyuk as he could practically see the wheels spinning in the elder’s head, but he never spoke a word.

 

“It’s just…” Hyunsik started slowly, piecing together how to put his thoughts into words. The elder took a deep breath before continuing on. “It’s just I was thinking. You’re graduating in a few months then you’ll be off to college… where will that leave us?”

 

Minhyuk hadn’t realized how fast the time had flew by with Hyunsik. It was the first time in his life he had a relationship with someone, he hadn’t really thought about their future together, but now it seemed that as the end of his high school career approached and the real world came into view that he had to start planning his life.

 

“I… I don’t really know. I hadn’t thought about it, I guess I just figured things would stay the same even though I’m moving to be closer to school.”

 

Hyunsik looked back down at his boyfriend and Minhyuk saw a spark of something in his eye.

 

“My apartment is close to the college you’re planning on attending,” Hyunsik purred.

 

“Well, yes it is. What about it?” Minhyuk cluelessly asked.

 

Hyunsik smiled softly at the oblivious younger. “Now, this is just an idea, but…” Hyunsik paused and moved his hand to caress Minhyuk’s cheek, pulling him closer until their noses were almost touching, “move in with me.”

 

Minhyuk’s eyes nearly bugged out at the proposal. He hadn’t really put the pieces together, but it did fit perfectly. Yet, Minhyuk didn’t want to answer too soon.

 

“Can I think about it?” Minhyuk asked even though he knew his decision.

 

“Of course. Take all the time you need, babe,” Hyunsik said gently then pecked the younger’s lips.

 

Minhyuk smiled and laid his head back down on the elder’s chest. Hyunsik wrapped his arms around Minhyuk and pulled him closer.

 

They stayed like that until the drama they were watching ended and Hyunsik suggested they go to bed after hearing Minhyuk yawn a few times.

 

After getting washed up for bed and sharing a few chaste kisses here and there, the two boys settled down in each other’s arms in Minhyuk’s bed. Minhyuk had his head on the elder’s chest, like usual and waited awhile before speaking.

 

“Honey?” Minhyuk said after listening to Hyunsik’s heartbeat. It was what calmed him down, it was what made him fall asleep and dream sweetly.

 

“Hmm?” Hyunsik answered, sleep slowly winning him over.

 

“Yes,” was all Minhyuk said.

 

“Hmm?” Hyunsik asked again, this time out of habit for he was on the brink of sleep.

 

“You’re probably almost asleep,” Minhyuk started to exlplain, but waited until he got a response.

 

“Mmm…” Hyunsik replied, completely asleep at that point.

 

“But, my answer is yes. I want to move in with you,” Minhyuk whispered. The younger looked up at his sleeping boyfriend to see a certain tranquility covering his face that made him think Hyunsik understood even in his dormant state.

 

“Not because it’s closer, that’s just a bonus… but because I don’t think I could sleep without listening to your heartbeat... because I can’t stand cold nights without you to keep me warm… because living without you would be lonely… I’d miss your light snores… your morning kisses… your stupid grin after we make love and I say I love you…” Minhyuk whispered whilst listening to Hyunsik’s heart fluttering, assuming it was because of his dreams.

 

“I’d miss you too much because I love you. I won’t say this to you when you’re awake, because I have a hard time explaining these things and I don’t want to sound stupid… I love you… but… more than that… I’m in love with you…” Minhyuk practically became inaudible during the last part, but not a single word escaped Hyunsik’s ears.

 

“Goodnight, honey... I’ll be dreaming of you,” Minhyuk whispered sleepily before snuggling closer to Hyunsik.

 

A few moments later, when Minhyuk’s soft snores were heard, Hyunsik opened his eyes slowly and looked down at the younger. A smile grew on his lips as he looked at his sleeping boyfriend.

 

“Every day with you is a day worth living. I’m in love with you too, Minhyuk… one day I want be a coward and I’ll tell you when you’re awake. You’re secret it safe with me, baby… forever…” Hyunsik whispered before closing his eyes and drifting off to dreamland with Minhyuk in his arms.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------

A/N: I just couldn’t let these two not get another chapter to themselves. I promise the next chapter WILL be PenJae!!! I hope you guys like the fluff :D