Chapter Twelve

Obsession

        "Hey." Youngbae merely said, when Chaerin stood before him in his office. 

 

        After the news she had received on the phone, she had become a complete mess in Dara's arms. She had had no time to feel embarrassed for having broken down in front of her new friend. 

 

        After quickly pulling herself together, she had gotten dressed and rushed to meet up with Youngbae at the police station.  

 

        When she had gotten to the station, she had walked straight pass the lady at the desk, who called out to her, and right into Youngbae's office. 

 

        "You got here fast." He said. 

 

        Chaerin frowned and looked at him. "Youngbae oppa, please tell me you lied over the phone." 

 

        Youngbae sighed. "Chae, I wish I could have been lying." 

 

        Chaerin looked away and he continued on.  

 

        "Unfortunately Jiyong is being charged with murder." 

 

        "But... Jiyong-ssi couldn't have done it." 

 

        "Chaerin." 

 

        "No, listen to me Youngbae oppa. I know Jiyong-ssi didn't kill that girl." 

 

        "According to Detective Lee..." 

 

        Chaerin was quick to cut Youngbae off. "What did Detective Lee say? Is he the reason Jiyong-ssi is being charged with murder?" 

 

        "Chaerin." Youngbae spoke calmly to her. "Detective Lee is only going by the law. Jiyong was covered in blood. He came out of the alley that the girl was in." He sighed. "The evidence points to Jiyong." 

 

        Chaerin glared at him. "Did they find Jiyong-ssi's prints at the scene? You aren't telling me anything about that."  

 

        "Detective Lee would know all about that. I'm just telling you what I was told, when they had me lock Jiyong up."  

 

        "Can I see him?" Chaerin asked. 

 

        "Who? Detective Lee or Jiyong?" 

 

        "Jiyong-ssi, but I wouldn't mind seeing Detective Lee either. I would like to have a word with him." 

 

        Youngbae sighed. "Stay here." He said and got up. 

 

        Chaerin sat down and waited as Youngbae walked out of his office. 

 

        She knew that before she spoke to Jiyong, she needed to speak to Detective Lee.  

 

        "Chaerin." 

 

        She quickly stood up and turned to Youngbae." That didn't take long." 

 

        Youngbae chuckled. "Yeah, well it seems like Detective Lee would like to speak to you as well." He said. 

 

        Chaerin nodded. "Good." 

 

        She followed after Youngbae, who led her to Detective Lee's office. 

 

        "Go on it. He's waiting for you." Youngbae smiled at her. "Hopefully you will get the answers you are looking for." 

 

        Chaerin smiled back and opened the door, stepping into the detective's office. 

 

        Seungri sat at his desk and smiled when Chaerin entered the room. 

 

        "Have a seat." He motioned to the two chairs before his desk. 

 

        Chaerin looked at him and then took the chair closest to the door. 

 

        Seungri grinned at this. "So, you wanted to talk to me." 

 

        Chaerin pursed her lips and nodded. "Yes. I heard you wanted to speak to me as well." 

 

        Seungri smirked. "Ah yes I did. It's what I'm sure you wanted to talk to me about as well." He said looking at her. "We both want to talk about Jiyong hyung." 

 

        "He's innocent."  

 

        "I know that." Seungri said. 

 

        Chaerin blinked. "What? If you know he is innocent, then why is he being charged with murder?" 

 

        Seungri sighed. "It's complicated. You see, we aren't sure who the murder is. There were no finger prints at the scene of the crime. There was nothing to use to find who could have done it. The bad thing is, that hyung came out of that alley covered in blood and people are already believing he is the one that did it. I mean, he already had a strike against him with the law." He looked at Chaerin. "You know that of course. He did kidnap you all those years ago." 

 

        Chaerin breathed, clenching her fists. She didn't know what it was about Detective Lee, but everything he was saying was making her angry. His face looked so smug as he talked. 

 

        "There's also the fact that this is the second murder. You and hyung were the ones to call in the first murder, when you two found the body and now this second murder happens and hyung happens to find the body again. The whole force thinks it's strange. They all believe he is the one that did it." 

 

        "But... but you don't. You said you believe he is innocent." Chaerin spoke up. 

 

        Seungri nodded. "That's true. I do believe hyung is innocent, but in order to prove that he is I need to say he is being charged with murder and keep him locked up. When another murder happens, and trust me there will be another one, then everyone else will know that hyung is not the murderer and he can go home."  

 

        "So you're just going to keep Jiyong-ssi locked up until the murderer makes his next move, then." 

 

        Seungri nodded. "That's the plan. As I said this is the only way to prove Jiyong hyung is innocent." 

 

        "But it could be weeks before the murderer strikes again!" Chaerin yelled, standing up. "You can't keep him locked up that long!" 

 

        Seungri frowned. "I'm sorry, Ms. Lee, but this is the only way." 

 

        He then sighed and stood up as well. "I will allow you to speak to him now, if you would like. I know you want to." 

 

        Chaerin sighed. "Of course I want to. I need... I need... I need to make sure he is okay." 

 

        "You seem to care an awful lot for my hyung." Seungri murmured.  

 

        Chaerin chose to keep quiet. She knew her emotions were getting the best of her at this moment. 

 

        "Please, just take me to him." She sighed. 

 

        "Follow me." Seungri said, stepping out of his office. "Until they move him, he is being kept in one of the cells here." He looked over his shoulder. "He won't respond to any of us, but maybe he will talk to you." 

 

        "I hope so." Chaerin said, following Seungri to where Jiyong was being held. 

 

        Standing in front of his cell, she could see Jiyong sitting against the back wall. His knees were drawn up to his chest and his arms were folded over them with his head bent down low. He looked like a lonely kid. 

 

        "Hyung." Seungri spoke. "Someone is here to see you." 

 

        Jiyong made no sign of movement.  

 

        Seungri sighed. "Hyung, it's Chaerin." 

 

        At the sound of her name, Jiyong's head lifted up a bit. 

 

        "Jiyong-ssi." Chaerin stepped up to the cell. 

 

        Seungri nodded at her. "I'll leave you two to talk. I'll be close by just incase." He then leaned close to Chaerin's ear. "Say nothing to him about him being innocent, okay." 

 

        Chaerin looked at him. "What?" 

 

        Seungri laid a finger against her lip. "Shush." He winked and walked off. 

 

        Chaerin sighed and turned back to the cell. "Jiyong-ssi, I'm here to speak to you." She called out. 

 

        She watched as Jiyong lifted up his head some more. "Chaerin?" 

 

        "Yeah, it's me. I came to see you." 

 

        "Chaerin, you're here. Why?" Jiyong sat up, straight, eyes on her. 

 

        Chaerin smiled. "Why wouldn't I be? I had to come and check on you."  

 

        Jiyong gave a small smile back. "What is there to check on? I've been arrested. They think I murdered that girl." 

 

        "Who cares what they think. I know that you didn't do it." Chaerin said, grasping the cell bars with her hands. 

 

        Jiyong's eyes widened. "You believe me?" He asked. 

 

        Chaerin nodded. 

 

        Jiyong stood up and walked towards the cell. He reached out, his hands grasping hers on the cell bars. 

 

        "Thank you, Hunchae." He smiled, his eyes teary. 

 

        Chaerin smiled back, her own eyes beginning to feel teary as well. 

 

        "Damn!" She thought. "I can't cry." 

         

        "You're going to get out of this.... Jingyo oppa." 

 

        And that was all Jiyong needed. His old nickname from her. Something to give him the hope he needed.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

        "Are you okay?" those were the first words Chaerin heard from Dara when she stepped into the apartment. 

 

        "Unnie, I didn't think you would still be here."  

 

        Dara smiled. "I figured I would wait here for you. You know, just to make sure you are fine." 

 

        Chaerin nodded. "I'm fine." 

         

        "Well did they let you see Jiyong?" Dara asked, following Chaerin into the kitchen. 

 

        Chaerin nodded and grabbed a water from the fridge. "Yeah. I talked to Youngbae oppa first though. He took me to talk to Detective Lee." 

 

        "Oh Seungri. What did he say?" Dara asked. 

 

        Chaerin sighed and remembered what Seungri had told her after she had spoken to Jiyong. 

 

        "None of what I have said to you can be spoken to anyone else, okay." He said, looking at her. 

 

        "I think I understand that what we talked about in your office was meant to be kept secret."  

 

        Seungri smiled. "Good, just remember that then. Jiyong will have his freedom before you know it." 

 

        Chaerin looked at Dara. "Just that he was going by the law and Jiyong was the one that killed the girl." 

 

        Dara gasped. "Oh my! I would have never thought Jiyong to be capable of that."  

 

        "Yeah. Same here." Chaerin murmured, looking down at the water bottle in her hand. 

 

        "I hate lying to you, Dara unnie, but I have to." She thought. 

 

        "Tell me, have they found Bom unnie yet? She's not really missing, right?" 

 

        Dara looked down, tears in her eyes. "No, they haven't found her yet. I've been on the phone talking to people, but no one has seen her." 

 

        "Unnie." 

 

        "What if something bad has happened to her? What if... what if she winds up murdered just like that girl did? Or maybe... or maybe she already has been and her body just hasn't been found? What if Jiyong is the killer? What if he won't tell them where my sister's body is?" 

 

        "Dara Unnie! Don't say that!" 

 

        Dara jumped, looking at Chaerin, shocked.  

 

        "Chae... Chaerin?" 

 

        Chaerin shook her head, walking into the living room.  

 

        Dara quickly followed after her.  

 

        "Bom unnie is fine. I know she is, Dara unnie." Chaerin said and looked at Dara. "She has to be." 

 

        Dara blinked. "How can you be so sure?" She asked. 

 

        "You once told me that your sister and you sometimes like to take random trips without telling anyone, right? Is she maybe taking one of those trips?" 

 

        Dara frowned. "She could be, but... she would have told me if she was. We always keep it from everyone else, but at least tell the other, just so the other sister knows where her sister is." 

 

        Chaerin sighed. "Have you been in contact with Seunghyun oppa since last night?" She asked. 

 

        Dara nodded. "Yes, he can't find her either." She said, sitting down on the couch. 

 

        Chaerin sat next to her. "Unnie, just believe me. Bom unnie is going to be okay. We will find her."  

 

        Dara smiled. "Thanks, Chae."  

 

        Chaerin smiled back. "I trust Youngbae oppa and I know he's doing everything he can to find her. You just have to trust him too." 

  

        Dara nodded. "I do." She then surprised Chaerin by hugging her. "I don't know what I would do without having a friend like you to help me during a time like this." 

 

        Chaerin hugged her back. "Same here, unnie. Same here." 

 

        She knew Jiyong was innocent, just as much as she knew Bom would be found. Soon Jiyong would be free. She just needed to hold onto that hope that the murderer would be caught soon.

 

 


*Cough* I know it has been a long time. Please don't judge me!

And I'm being judged lol

*Cough* Yeah so it has been a long time. I didn't plan for it to take me this long to get back to my fics, but college got in they way.

But I am happy to say that I am done with my first year of college and I can now enjoy the summer. So... WHOO!

So that means I can now focus on my fics. I am happy to see that ya'll have not abandon this story. Thank you to the 216 subscribers. Also a thanks to the fact that I now have 33 upvotes. I love you, all!

 

So... until next time. BYE!

BONUS GIF:

This Cutie <3