King With No Crown - Chapter 9

King With No Crown

Woohyun flinched every time the thunder roared.  He gripped tighter onto Sunggyu's arm as they sat on the sofa with hair and clothes dripping wet from the rain.  Sunggyu wanted to grab them a change of clothes but Woohyun refused to let him go.  He could see how frightened the boy was and he did not want to cause him further stress so he remained by the boy's side, holding him in his arms.

The thunder finally stopped while the rain continued through the night.  Sunggyu glanced at the boy in his arms and realised that Woohyun had drifted off to sleep.  He noticed that the boy's face was flushed.  He placed a hand on the boy's cheek and realised that the boy was burning up with a fever.  He carefully lay the boy down on the sofa and began undressing him.  He worried what Woohyun would think if he woke up and found him undressing the boy. 

He'll probably think you're a erted old man, Sunggyu thought to himself.

Sunggyu stripped Woohyun from his wet clothes before picking the boy up in his arms.  He carried Woohyun to the bedroom where he carefully lay him down on the bed.  

He stood watching the boy in silence until a ringing sound disrupted him.  He did not recognise the ringing tone so he figured that it was Woohyun's phone.  He found the boy's school bag beside the sofa and found the phone.  He glanced to see who the caller was.  He contemplated a moment before taking the schoolbag and shoving it inside a closet where the ringing could not be heard.

He made his way back to the bedroom and glanced at the sleeping boy on his bed.  He had not expected things to turn out the way they had when he first approached the boy.  Seeing how vulnerable the boy was, filled him with conflicting emotions and he hated it.  He was not one to have any weaknesses but now it seemed he had one.

He sighed.  "What am I going to do with you?"

He took a change of clothes from his closet and began to dress Woohyun in it.  He then tucked Woohyun into bed and pulled the blanket over the boy.  He needed to do something about the boy's fever but his apartment was lacking in medical supplies. 

He took out his phone and dialled.  "I need you to get me something."


Sungyeol raced up the flight of stairs and was about to press the buzzer on the door until he remembered that he was instructed not to.  He gently knocked twice on the door before Sunggyu opened it.  Sungyeol handed over the bag of supplies which he had just bought. 

Sunggyu took the bag.  "There's been a change of plans.  Leave us."

Sunggyu closed the door, leaving a dumbfounded Sungyeol standing behind the door.

"What am I?  An errand boy?" Sungyeol muttered to himself as he turned to walk away.


Sunggyu tried to make the sleeping Woohyun drink the medicine but the boy was not heeding to his task.  He watched as the liquid ran down the sides of the boy's mouth.  Sunggyu let out a frustrated sigh.  He took a gulp of the liquid and leaned down towards Woohyun's face.  There was a slight moment of hesitation as he looked at the sleeping boy before he brought his lips to Woohyun's.  The boy stirred and slowly opened his eyes to find himself staring at the older man.  Woohyun's eyes widened in shock when he realised that the older man's lips were pressed against his.

Startled, Woohyun tried to pull away but Sunggyu grabbed both of the boy's wrist and held him down.  Woohyun started to panic until he felt the taste of a bitter liquid from the man's mouth pour into his.  He had no choice but to swallow it.

Sunggyu fought with his conscience for a moment.  After Woohyun had drank all the medicine, Sunggyu knew that he should release the boy and pull away.  He knew this and yet he did not do so.  Sunggyu deliberated with himself and in the end, he let his demons take over.

Rather than pull away, Sunggyu captured the boy's lips in a deep kiss.