King With No Crown - Final

King With No Crown

The two men engaged in a battle of swords under the starless night sky.  Sunggyu struck his sword with excessive force with every intention to kill his opponent.  His anger was far beyond that of a subordinate when confronted with an enemy.  The man in front of him was an enemy to his boss but more than that he was the man who caused Woohyun to suffer.  Thinking about it made Sunggyu's mind filled with rage.  He hated the man for laying a hand on Woohyun.  Recalling the sight of Woohyun running out from the house and the tears strolling down his face further enraged Sunggyu.  But Sunggyu could not help but feel responsible for what had happened to Woohyun.  It was all his fault.  

The man noticed that Sunggyu seemed distracted and in the split second, he used it to his advantage.  He struck at Sunggyu, opening a deep gash on Sunggyu's arm.  

Sunggyu jolted out of whatever trance he was in but it was too late.  By the time Sunggyu recovered himself, his opponent's sword was once again headed straight for him.

"Sunggyu!" a desperate voice called out.

Before the three subordinates could stop im, Woohyun gathering whatever strength he had left in him and ran in between Sunggyu and his opponent's blade.  There was nothing Woohyun could do to stop the man so he stood his ground and closed his eyes, waiting for the blade to end it all.

"Woohyun!" Sunggyu called out.

The blade came to a halt barely an inch from piercing Woohyun's chest.  The man remained where he was, eyes wide in shock at Woohyun's actions.  He could not believe that Woohyun was prepared to die for Sunggyu.

At that moment, Sunggyu lunged forward with his sword and plunged it into his opponent's abdomen.  The man let out a scream, which startled Woohyun.  The boy opened his eyes to see Sunggyu pushing his blade deeper into the man's body.  The man gripped the sword in his hand, attempting to take a swoop at Sunggyu but Sunggyu did not allow him that chance.

"Have a taste of hell!" Sunggyu spoke before twisting the blade in his hand.

The man let out an agonising scream and dropped his sword to the ground.

Despite what the man had done to him, Woohyun could not bear to watch him suffer so much.  "Sunggyu," Woohyun pleaded, dropping to his knees.  "Please stop."

Sunggyu stopped upon hearing Woohyun's plea.  He pulled his blade out and walked over to Woohyun while the man collapsed to the ground.  Sunggyu picked up the boy in his arms and carried him away.

"Woohyun..." the man called, struggling to reach for Woohyun.

The car drove off, leaving behind the man in a pool of his own blood.  Even as he lay there dying, he kept calling for Woohyun until he heard the sound of a car pull up beside him.  He turned his head and saw a man in a suit step out with two men by his side.  

The man walked with his hands in his pocket and crouched down beside the dying man.  "The last time we met, you murdered my wife and kidnapped by son.  Now look at you," the man mocked.

The dying man's eyes narrowed with hatred when he recognised the man taunting him.  "She was mine," he retorted.  "You stole her from me!"

The man smirked.  "Is that why you kidnapped my son as revenge against me?"

The dying man managed a weak smile.  "How does it feel to have something you love taken away from you?  How does it feel to know that your precious son has been ruined by me?"

The man shrugged nonchalantly.  "I wouldn't know since anything that I value I would never let taken from me."

The dying man frowned in confusion.

The man laughed upon seeing the confused look on the dying man's face.  "You underestimate me, Kim Myungsoo.  Did you think that for someone with my power, I wouldn't be able to find you all these years?" the man asked in a mocking tone.  "I let you keep him because I wanted you to do your worse to him and by the looks of things, you already have."  The man laughed again.  "Let me give you something to ponder about on your way to hell.  That boy is actually..."

He leaned down and whispered beside the dying man's ear before a gunshot rang out seconds later.

 

 

 

 

The End.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

And what do you suppose he said?

Thank for reading.