King With No Crown - Chapter 6

King With No Crown

Woohyun was on the sofa playing with the white kitten when his father came home.  The man noticed that Woohyun seemed to be in a good mood.  He was about to ask the reason when he saw the kitten in the boy's lap.

"Where did you pick him up?" his father asked.

Woohyun smiled excitedly and ran to show his father the kitten.  "He was abandoned.  Can we keep him?"

His father thought for a moment.  "Are you sure you can look after him?  Taking care of something is a lot of work."

"I will look after him," Woohyun replied eagerly.

His father smiled.  "If that's what makes you happy."

Woohyun's face beamed with a bright smile.  "I'm going to call him Snow because his fur is white as snow."

His father let out a chuckle.  "And what are you going to feed him?"

Woohyun looked at his father as realisation hit him.  "I'll go buy him something.  Dad, please keep an eye on him."

After handing the kitten to his father, Woohyun was out the door before his father could stop him.  He hurried down the street, unaware that a figure was watching him from the shadows.

"Found you."


Woohyun could not help but feel a little uneasy when he sensed someone following him.  He stopped walking and turned around only to be greeted by the empty street behind him.  He frowned and turned back.  He continued on his way until he heard footsteps approaching near.  Before he could even turn around to see who it was, he felt a sharp pain to the back of the head before his mind went blank.

The figure stood looking at the unconscious boy on the ground.  He crouched down beside the boy and pulled the boy closer by the front of his shirt.  He stared intently at the boy's face for a moment until his eyes narrowed in anger.  He released the boy's shirt, causing the back of the boy's head to hit the ground when he dropped back down.  He cast the boy another glare while reaching for the concealed weapon under his jacket.

"Hey!  What are you doing?" a voice called out.

Startled by the voice, he withdrew his hand from the weapon and escaped into the shadows.

The wallet dropped from the man's hand when he saw the unconscious boy on the ground.  He ran over to where Woohyun lay and frantically checked to see if the boy was injured. 

"Woohyun!" he called out, trying to get the boy to open his eyes.

It was only when he cradled the boy in his arms did he feel the wet patch behind the boy's head.  His eyes widened in horror when he looked at his hand and saw that it was stained with blood.  Woohyun's blood.

"No, please," the man cried.  "Woohyun!"