King With No Crown - Chapter 3

King With No Crown

Woohyun was on his way to school with his friends when he glanced over at the park.  He was surprised to find the same man from yesterday sitting on the same bench with eyes closed, head tilted to one side and arms folded across his chest.  The small white kitten was awake and remained by the man's side on the bench.

Woohyun stopped where he was and contemplated a moment before calling out to his friends.  "You guys go first, I'll catch up."

Before his friends could even ask what he was up to, Woohyun walked into the park and approached the sleeping man on the bench.  Upon closer inspection, he realised that the man was sleeping.  Woohyun let out a small sigh of relief.  The kitten stared at Woohyun before snuggling closer to the man.

Woohyun smiled.  "It's okay," he whispered to the kitten.  "I'm not going to hurt you."  He glanced up at the sleeping man's face before shrugging off his own coat.

The kitten watched in silent as Woohyun placed it coat over the man.  Noticing that the kitten was staring at him with much curiosity, Woohyun smiled at it.  He slowly reached a hand and gently the kitten's fur. 

"Tell your owner he shouldn't be sleeping out here in this cold weather or he'll get sick," he whispered to the kitten before quickly walking off.

Woohyun was surprised when he found his friends waiting nearby for him.  They noticed that he was without his coat and figured what what happened.

"So you gave away your coat to a total stranger and now you're going to get sick and your dad is not going to be happy when he finds out," one of his friends stated with a disapproving look.

Woohyun frowned and pouted.  "Hoya, you're starting to sound like my dad."

His friend sighed.  He took off his coat and draped it over Woohyun's shoulders.  "Wear that."

"But-" Woohyun started to protest but was abruptly cut off.

"Come on, we're going to be late," Hoya announced and walked on with the rest of the group following behind.

Woohyun knew that there was no point in arguing with Hoya so he wore the coat on and joined the rest of them.


The bell had gone by the time the boys arrived to school.  When they walked into class, they found that the teacher was already there.  The teacher glanced at the boys as they entered the room.  He looked at Woohyun who was the last to enter.  Woohyun saw the frown on the teacher's face and quickly rushed to his seat.  The teacher did not look pleased.


After ordering his lunch, Hoya returned to their table in the cafeteria.  He frowned when he did not see Woohyun sitting at the table with the rest of the group.

"Where's Woohyun?" Hoya asked, glancing around the cafeteria.

The other boys shrugged.  "He walked out a few minutes ago.  Said he would be back."

Despite what Woohyun had said, Hoya went looking for the boy.  He walked out into the yard, searching for Woohyun.  Scanning the area, his eyes soon caught sight of the boy talking to Mr Kim.


"You know I worry about you, " Mr Kim said, placing his hands on the boy's shoulder.

Woohyun bit his lip and nodded.  "I'm sorry."

Mr Kim slowly reached out and gently caressed the side of Woohyun's face but stopped when he realised where he was.  He retracted his hand and sighed.  This was not the time or place for him to be showing such affections for the boy.  "I'll see you later."


Hoya waited until Mr Kim walked away before he approached Woohyun.  "So, did you get in trouble with your dad?"