King With No Crown - Chapter 4

King With No Crown

At the end of the day, while everyone was eager to leave the classroom, Hoya noticed that Woohyun was still in his seat, looking anything buy eager to leave.

"It's home time," Hoya announced in case the boy had not noticed.  "Are you coming?"

Woohyun looked at Hoya and the rest of the group still loitering at the door.  "Not today," he replied with a brief smile.  "You guys go."

"What?  You got a date or something?" Hoya teased.

Woohyun smiled.


As Hoya and the other boys walked down the hallway, they noticed a figure approaching their way.  "Goodbye, Mr Kim."

The teacher turned to look at the group passing by.  "See you tomorrow boys."

Hoya glanced back and saw Mr Kim walk into the classroom where Woohyun was waiting.


Mr Kim entered the classroom to find Woohyun waiting for him.  "Woohyun, are you ready?"

Woohyun nodded and got up from his seat.  "Yes," he replied and walked towards the door.

Mr Kim noticed the reluctant expression on Woohyun's face.  "There's no need to be worried," he assured the boy.

Despite Mr Kim's words, Woohyun felt a little uneasy.  "I'm just nervous, I guess."

"It's fine to be nervous," Mr Kim told him.  "It's your first time after all but I promise it won't be as bad as you think."

Woohyun bit his lip and lowered his head in contemplation.

Mr Kim sighed, seeing Woohyun's worried state.  He did not want to force the boy into doing anything that he did not want to do.  "We don't have to do this if you don't want to."

Hearing these words, Woohyun looked up in surprise.  "No, I'll do it."

"Woohyun, it's fine if you're not ready," said Mr Kim.  "We can do it some other time."

"It's fine, dad," Woohyun assured Mr Kim.  "I want to do it."

The pair exited the school building which was almost empty with most students already left for the day.  They walked to the car park and Woohyun climbed into the front passenger seat with Mr Kim getting behind the wheel.

While driving, Mr Kim glanced at Woohyun and noticed that the boy was fiddling with his fingers, seemingly nervous.  Mr Kim reached a hand out and clasped it over Woohyun's hands.

"It's going to be okay." he assured the boy.


Woohyun slowly lay down and closed his eyes.  Silence.  He could hear his own breathing.  He waited with much anticipation until he heard a voice.

"Shall we begin?"


Out in the park, the man in the black suit sat on the bench with his white kitten.  He looked at the coat in his hand then glanced up.  He was surprised when he woke up from having dozed off in the morning to find someone's coat placed over him.  Thanks to the coat, he did not freeze to death from the cold morning breeze.  He had waited, hoping that the owner would be back so that he could thank the person and return the coat but his efforts proved futile.

He let out a sigh just as a group of students walked by on the other side of the street.  He recognised the uniform that they were wearing and his eyes began searching for the boy from yesterday.  He frowned in disappointment when he did not see the boy's face amongst the group.


"Hey, that man's still there," one boy noted when he glanced over to the park.

"Maybe he's homeless," another boy added.

"He doesn't look homeless," Hoya stated.  "Not dressed like that."

The boys decided to ignore the man and walk on.  As they passed, Hoya glanced back and caught sight of a black car pulling up by the side of the road.  Three men in suits stepped out of the car and walked over to the bench where they stood, surrounding him.