King With No Crown - Chapter 11

King With No Crown

Woohyun shook his head in disbelief.  "You liar!" he shouted and got up from the bed.  "Why would you do this to me?"

Sunggyu saw the anger in the boy's eyes and tried to calm him down.  "Woohyun-"

As Sunggyu tried to reach for him, Woohyun slapped his hand away and took a step back.  "Why should I believe you?  You lied to me from the start.  I don't ever want to see you again.  I hate you!"

Woohyun ran out of the place without realising how much his words had affected Sunggyu.


It was late by the time Woohyun returned home.  He was confronted by his panic stricken father who had been searching for him throughout the night.  His father pulled him into a tight embrace the moment he stepped through the door.

"Woohyun, where have you been?" his father asked.  "Do you know how worried I was?"

"I'm sorry," Woohyun replied.  "I got caught in the rain so I stepped by a friend's place."

His father looked at him.  "I rang Hoya and the others and they said you went home.  Which friend did you stay with?"

Woohyun contemplated his response.

It was then his father noticed the boy's appearance.  A frowned appeared on the man's face.  "Whose clothes are you wearing?  Where's your school uniform?  What-"  The man's words came to an abrupt halt when he caught sight of the marks on Woohyun's neck.

Woohyun finally realised what had caught his father's attention.  He quickly pulled his shirt to cover up his neck.  He knew his father would ask about it so he thought hard for an explanation.  There was no way he could tell his father the truth.

"It's late," his father said, dropping the subject, much to Woohyun's surprise.  "Why don't you go to bed?"

Woohyun nodded and headed to his room where his white kitten was curled up on his bed.


Mr Kim walked into the bathroom and locked the door behind him.  He the tap and stood under the cold shower.  Despite the cold water splashing against his skin, he remained standing still as if his mind was elsewhere.  

After several minutes he switched off the water and stepped out of the shower.  He stared at his reflection in the mirror and frowned at the marks covering his body.  He had always wondered what Woohyun would think if he saw this, but none of that mattered now.  He clenched his fists and walked out.


Woohyun was in bed with the kitten beside him when he heard his bedroom door open.  He figured that it was his father checking up on him so he remained lying in bed with eyes closed, feigning sleep.  He heard footsteps approaching his bed. He was startled when he felt a body on top of him.  His eyes shot open to find his father on top of him, pinning him down.

"Dad, what are you doing?" Woohyun asked in shock.

"Who was it?" his father demanded.

Woohyun stared into his father's eyes.  They were cold and distant.  The gentle man that was his father had turned into someone he did not recognise.

"I won't allow it!" his father declared.  "I won't allow anyone to have you.  You're mine!"

Before Woohyun even had time to react, his father grabbed his head and crashed their lips together.  The kiss was rough and full of anger.  Woohyun panicked and tried to push the older man off him but he soon realised that his father was much stronger than he was.  The kitten tried to help it's owner but the older man grabbed it by the neck. 

"You're in the way," said the older man as he tossed the kitten against the wall.

Woohyun's eyes widened in horror as he watched the kitten slump to the floor and remained still.  Who was this man that he had called dad?

"Dad, no!" Woohyun pleaded when he felt the older man undressing him.  "Please, don't do this."

Woohyun struggled relentlessly, pulling at the man's shirt until he heard it rip.  It was then Woohyun saw what his father had been hiding all along.  Tattoos of demons and dragons covered his entire body.  Woohyun finally understood the reason why his father would always lock the bathroom door.

"So Sunggyu was right," said Woohyun.  "It was you who killed my mother."