Marry Me

The Swan Maiden

“Here we are,” the butler opened the door and Naeun entered. The walls were lined with a simple cream paint and the future of fine quality, a chest lined on the sides with satin and the curtains operated by thick cords.

Her feet covered in socks treaded lightly on the wooden floors, examining every detail possible. Soon the place that she stood in awe of would be hers. Theirs to be more precise; the thought made her heart swell with delight.

“I like this,” she picked up a cushion from the two person sofa. It was deep red, a little brighter than her dress. Returning it back against the furniture Naeun turned around to ask the butler how to access the garden. She had seen a hedge upon entering the premises but the man had disappeared without a word.

And then she heard the sound of a piano. The notes were played long and slow in a steady rhythm which swayed her ears. Pausing Naeun realised she hadn’t seen a piano since she came. Where was that wonderful music coming from?

She walked through the living quarters to the back where there was a kitchen. The music was nowhere near the oven or the sink. Looking to the side that was when she noticed something. In that wall a door had been left slightly ajar. The song was travelling through the open space to where she could hear it more loudly.

Pushing it open she stopped in her tracks. In the room it led out to a small patio near the garden. Just near the doorway to this there was a black piano nestled in a corner. Someone dressed neatly sat, his back turned to her as he played the keys lightly and gently.

She stopped, her heart pounding as the pianist started to sing, his voice full of warmth like a sunny day.

I am saying that I want you;
I am saying that I call for you.
Hold my hand, hold my hand.
I’m scared that I’ll lose you.

I am saying that I want you,
I am saying that I love you.
Are you listening to my feelings for you?
It’s heaven when I look at you.

The music slowed down to stop and Naeun started to clap. The musician made a funny noise as though it was a laugh and spun around, his cheekbones high up. She didn’t believe it. For a while she just stared at him, completely surprised.

“Hello,” Taemin said when he was calmer. “Did you like my song? I wrote it just for you.”

“Y-you did?” She was completely lost for words. “T-thank you; i-it was beautiful—“

“—I haven’t finished it,” he explained seeming a little disappointed at his efforts. “What you heard me sing is just the chorus.” Naeun nodded, understanding. Taemin straightened himself up, had a drink of water which had been sitting on top of the piano. She became a little worried. Why was he appearing nervous?

“Here,” he quickly took out a folded piece of paper and handed it to her. “P-please read it.”

Naeun nodded and opened it up. Her eyes scanned the hand writing which proved to be neater than she had expected. It was a small paragraph, a lot of it heart felt words to her from him. She gasped at the last sentence.

“What is it?” Taemin asked, fiddling with something in his pocket while her eyes were focused on the letter.

“The last line,” she said breathing out slowly. Turning to him her face was amazed. Taemin stood there. Naeun watched him rigid like a robot.

Clearing his throat he said, “Well… What is your answer?” He felt his chest tightening in anxiousness about her answer. She could say anything and it would have power over his life and his heart.

Naeun paused. She then glanced at him, “what if I say no?”

“Then you will have destroyed me Son Naeun.” He was smiling away however he could have just been putting it on. At this Naeun’s grin widened and she shyly nodded.

“Yes.”

Taemin took her hand in his and then gently kissed it. Afterwards he pulled her in for an embrace, a firm one filled with their love. Taemin lowered his head to peer down at her, looking at her tenderly. She lifted her head up to him and he started to go down.

“Would I be able to play something?” She moved a fraction too soon and his lips touched the side of her head. Naeun felt it and her face heated up. Taemin removed his mouth, a little annoyed at the missed opportunity yet happy he had the chance to kiss her twice.

“Of course; I just have one condition.”

“Which is what?”

He pushed his lips out like a fish. Naeun dipped her head, laughed and then hit him in the side. “Hey we’re engaged now it can happen!”

“Alright, alright I will.” She took a deep breath and Taemin closed his eyes. The image made her giggle as she slowly went to his side and reached up to kiss his cheek.

Taemin made a sigh. “Ah I was for real.”

“Soon,” she said assuredly. “Soon I promise.” They sealed the deal with their little fingers.

 



 

“Now the groom will have a bite of the jujube fruit from the bride.”

Everyone cheered in delight as Naeun, dressed in the bright red hanbok, accompanied with red spots on her face and a large hair assortment flushed madly while she had to choose a jujube. Taemin who was in a deep purple hanbok accompanied with a funny hat glanced at his friends who whistled him on.

Minho and Chorong were watching from the side, beaming at the couple with hands intertwined. They had been married for a few months after Minho had ascended the throne. The former king and queen seated near Naeun’s parents both observed lovingly at the young royal couple.

Kibum glanced at the girl seated next to him dressed in baby blue. He whispered to her and she laughed loudly in response. Jongin told them something which Kibum disregarded.
“Hey she’s from Kwangju they laugh like that!”

“Hey brother in law,” Myungsoo called from the side teasingly. “Stop staring and take the fruit!”

Taemin snapped out of his daze and looked back at his bride. Naeun placed the wrinkled, brown fruit in , holding it between her teeth just at the edge. He noticed this and smiled wistfully. If this was the closest they would get for a kiss then he wasn’t satisfied.

Unless…

He crawled over to Naeun where everyone began holding their breaths. Taemin glanced for Jongin, winked before closing his eyes to take the fruit. With one large pull he pulled the jujube right out of Naeun’s mouth. She blinked at him in surprise. Everyone else began to react as he threw it away leaning down closer to her again, this time without something to bite on.

“LEE TAEMIN!” Kibum yelled.

The prince ignored the other reactions as his bride took the hint and shyly fluttered her sparkling eyes closed. He pressed his full lips against Naeun’s in what could have become the most discussed about topic throughout the whole kingdom.

Although Naeun had been caught off guard by her husband’s impulsiveness she still happily obliged. After all, she’d been waiting for it too.

They pulled away with the noise of claps in the background and some whistling. The former king had hesitated but then he stood up to applaud his son’s efforts much to the amazement of his wife.

“Yah Lee Taemin!” Kibum called out, “do you like making a scene!?”

“Kim Kibum I order you to shut up,” Minho responded and surprisingly he did making his soon to be brother in law Yunho laugh. Kai and Minho gave their thumbs up to Taemin in approval.

“What a man!”

Taemin mouthed a ‘thank you’ before facing his bride again. “I hope that is alright.”

With red cheeks she nodded, “mm y-yes.”

They had their items placed in the trunk of a vehicle where the driver opened the door for them. The pair waved to the guests, the family and friends they were leaving for now. Their ride would take them directly to Jeju Island where they would have a ten day honeymoon before returning to their new home.

Taemin was nothing but smiles and even looking at Naeun from the corner of his eyes would ascend the grins. Naeun held his hand tightly her eyes watching him with bright amusement and joy. They talked happily on the way to the boat that sailed them across the deep, shimmery ocean to their destination.

Minho, Korea’s king had taken liberty along with his wife Chorong to prepare a small cottage for the couple which would be out of the sight of any un-wanted visitors. They would be on their own since Taemin requested to his brother that they didn’t have guards or any staff with them just this once.

“Ah this is so nice,” Taemin commented as he opened a window, taking in the fresh air. Naeun like a loyal wife was already preparing their bed. She pulled the blankets over the mattress on the floor and puffed the pillows.

Moving away from the sights in the square Taemin went to the door, closed and locked it. Naeun stopped when she heard the sound. Standing behind it he spread himself out so he was covering it.
“Now you cannot escape me.”

“What are you doing?” Naeun raised her eyebrows.

“You’re my prisoner,” Taemin mimicked Jonghyun’s voice. “You’re mine Son Naeun and no one else’s.”

Her eyebrows went in straight lines for frowns. She hoped deep down that he was only messing around. Taemin took the hat he’d been wearing and tossed it like a disk to the floor.
“Don’t you want to be captured in my love.”

“Taemin t-this is getting to be—“

He moved down and flopped onto the bed. “Ah alright Naeun you win I’ll stop.” She was confused. He yawned. “Well I’m tired; it must be time for bed.”

Naeun crawled over to him on her knees. “Honey it’s not even dark yet. Why are you being so—“

“—Just kidding,” He cut her off, giggling. “Of course I wouldn’t want to fall asleep yet. Why would I when I have the most beautiful, kind, gentle woman in the whole kingdom right here with me?”

As much as she curled her fingers up from cringing Naeun liked it. She pushed him in the side. “Ah really what am I meant to do with you?”

“Naeun,” Taemin said a few minutes later. He was on their bed while she was unpacking. She gave him her full attention. “You weren’t really annoyed were you?”

She shook her head and he laughed. “Ah what a relief,” he stood up and went over to her. Naeun gave a squeal as his arms went around from behind making her stand back against him. “I love you,” he whispered in her ear making it tickle.

“Mmm, I love you too.” Turning her head she let him kiss her again, this time it lasted longer and they felt their insides burning from the touch. Their mouths moved in synch, both touching the others in gentle pecks, with some lasting for longer.

Taemin pulled away first going straight to the window. “Hold on,” he said with Naeun breathing out. He drew the curtains shut his expression rather obvious. “Son Naeun, you’ve married a very greedy prince.”

Naeun giggled and added, “Then I must be a greedy wife.”

“Good,” they declared in unison as they fell onto the bed.



 

And that’s it folks (I really mean it ;__;). As my first Taeun fic this story holds a special place in my heart. How did we find it? Did we like this? Thank you all for reading and for loving. For commenting and bearing with late updates, parts that didn’t make sense, for suspense and sweetness. Bless you all and keep supporting Taeun xxx