Haesica oneshot(sad): I'm sorry

HaeSica and YoonWon oneshots

Haesica oneshot (sad): I’m sorry

Donghae’s POV

“Hae!” someone called me. I turned around and saw my brother Jisuk smiling at me. He seems really happy lately. I smiled back. In spite of the , my brother and I have a really good relationship and I really admire him. He is 29 and I’m 23. He is a doctor and I’m studying to be one too.

“Jisuk hyung, what’s up?” I asked him

“Hae, I just wanted to tell you that tonight I’m going to bring my fiancé home and I want you to meet her”

I smiled. Finally my brother found a girl that he loves and I’m happy for him.

“Of course I’ll be here” I said “Is she pretty?”

“She is the prettiest girl you’ll ever met” Jisuk hyung said

…………………………………

It was already 7pm and I was waiting impatiently t meet this girl. I wonder who she is… maybe she is as beautiful and nice as my Sica. I smiled thinking about her. Sica has been my best friend since high school and ever since I met her, I fell for her but I didn’t have the courage to confess.

The bell suddenly rang and I jumped startled from my seat. Jisuk hyung went to open the door and smiled like a fool. I couldn’t see her face from were I was sitting but I could see from my brother’s face that he was really happy.

“Mom, dad, Hae… please meet my fiancé Jung Sooyeon” I spitted my drink in shock when I heard the name of the girl. Did he say Jung Sooyeon? Please don’t let it be…

“Jessica?” I said shocked when I saw her. I felt my heart breaking into little pieces. Why didn’t she tell me she was engaged to my brother?

“Do you two know each other?” Jisuk hyung asked. Jessica didn’t tell him anything about me? That made me really sad

“Neh” she said shyly. “We are friends since high school”

“Oh” Jisuk said and then kissed her. I felt really mad and I couldn’t see them so I stood up and went to the kitchen.

I took a deep breathe and tried to hold my tears. Why didn’t she tell she was marrying my brother?

“Donghae…” I heard her sweet voice calling me and I felt my heart beating faster

“Why didn’t you tell me anything?!” I asked her without facing her

“Mianhae” she said sounding really sad “It happened suddenly”

“Why?” I asked her and finally faced her. She looked down with teary eyes

“I can’t tell you right now why I’m marrying him” she said sadly

I don’t know how to explain it but I could clearly see in her eyes that she didn’t want to marry him. Then why was she doing that?

“Sica, don’t do it” I said and ran to hug her. She buried her head in my chest and sobbed.

“I’m sorry but I have to” she said

“Sica?” my brother called her

“Neh” she said wiping her tears “Will you come here for a while, I want to show you something”

“Sure” she said and left. I felt my world tumbling down in a second. My beloved Sica was marrying my brother and I couldn’t do anything to prevent that from happening.

…………………………………..

I decided that the best for me was to leave. I couldn’t handle seeing them getting married and making a family so I had decided to go travel to America to finish my studies. My brother was little disappointed when I decided to leave but he didn’t stop me.

I spent about 3 years in America and I didn’t even go to the wedding. My brother sent me an invitation but I told him I was too busy to go. Jessica didn’t talk to me since the day left. Maybe she was mad at me but I was better that way. Better for both of us.

After 3 years away from home, I finally decided to go back and face the truth. I wonder how is Sica. Maybe they already have children… that idea broke my heart even more.

I didn’t tell anyone I was coming back because I didn’t want them to know. After I walked out of the airport I went immediately to my house. I still had the key. I tried to open it but I couldn’t.

“Who are looking for young man?” an ahjussi that saw me trying to open the door asked me

“Hum does the Lee family still lives here?” I asked and he shook his head

“They moved out about a year ago when that woman died” he said and my eyes widened. Who died? Mom? This can’t be true. Why did they keep that for themselves?

I didn’t wait for the ahjussi to say something else and I rushed to the hospital were my brother used to work. I wiped the tears that were rolling down my eyes while I was running to the hospital. I had a lot of questions. Hopefully my brother is still working there…

I entered the hospital and went immediately to the recepcionist.

“Hey, does doctor Lee Jisuk still works here?” I asked in a rush

“Who is looking for me?” a voice asked and I turned around. He was surprised to see me and I was surprised to see him as well.

“Donghae…” he said “You are back”

“I need answers!” I yelled at him “Where’s mom and dad? Why is no one living in our house?”

“Calm down!” he yelled at me “You left for three years and we didn’t have a single new from you and know you come back suddenly asking for answers?!”

“I’m sorry” I said. I was really mad but he was right.

“Mom and dad are ok” he said and my face brightened. I was relieved to know that my mom was ok.

“But… why did that ahjussi said something about a woman who died?” I asked confused but then I remembered her.

“Wait…” I said “Where is Sica?!”

He didn’t answer and just looked down. I felt my heart broke again. Please don’t tell me Sica is…

“We need to talk Hae” he said and led me to his office. I still couldn’t handle that idea.

“What happened to her?!” I asked. I wanted an answer. I wanted him to tell me she was ok and that I would see her smiling again. I didn’t care if she was already married, I only wanted to see her again.

“You want to know why Sica married me?” he asked me suddenly

“That’s not why I want to know now!” I said. Why was he suddenly coming up with that

“You need to know” he said and suddenly tears starting to come down his eyes. “Sica loved you but… she was sick”

“WHAT?!” I asked shocked. I never knew… “What did she have?”

“She had leukemia” he said and I gasped. My heart sank. All that time Sica was sick and I never knew. What kind of best friend was I that I didn’t notice that?!

“She promised herself that she was going to marry me if I cured her” he said still crying “And I did”

“So… if you cured her… where is she now?” I asked really wanting to know where she was

“Hae, after you left Sica got sick again and she…” he said and I didn’t want to hear the next part. Tears were rolling down my eyes.  “She died”

It was my fault! If I hadn’t left like that she would probably be happy now! I hate myself!

“This is my fault” I said sobbing “Sica died because of me!”

“As much as I want to blame you, this is not your fault” he said hurt “We thought her cancer was gone forever but it wasn’t like that”

“I’m sorry hyung” I apologized.

“I should be the one to be sorry” he said and hugged me “I knew you loved her and she loved you but I was too selfish to let you too be happy because I loved her also”

“It’s too late to regret” I said “She is gone”

“Donghae…” he said “She… left this letter for you”

He handed it to me and I immediately opened it.

Dear Hae

If you are reading this, probably I’m already dead. Sorry for not telling you I was sick, I’m really sorry. I just didn’t want to worry you. I hope you understand why I married your brother Jisuk. It was promise I made to myself but it seems like the cancer didn’t go away. I’m also sorry for not telling you how much I loved you and for hurting you. I hope you forgive me some day. I’ll be watching you from heaven and taking care of you. I love you, don’t forget that.

Always yours,

Jessica

I was crying so much while reading the letter that the paper was already wet.

“Sica you should be the one to forgive me” I said “I’m sorry for leaving you when you needed me”

Suddenly I felt a warm breeze in the room. I was surprised because all the windows were closed. I knew then that it was my Sica and I smiled.

“No matter what, you’ll always be in my heart” I said to her