Haesica oneshot: Arranged marriage?

HaeSica and YoonWon oneshots

Haesica oneshot: Arranged marriage?

7 years ago

A 17 years old girl was in her room doing her homework when she suddenly heard a knock on her door.

“Come in” she said and her mother entered

“Sica, Donghae wants to see you” her mother said and gave her a smile. She didn’t think it twice and walked downstairs immediately to meet her best friend really excited.  They had been best friends since they were little kids and Jessica secretly had always had feelings for him.

“Oppa!” she said and hugged him. Donghae smiled and caressed her hair. He loved her too but he was afraid to confess his feelings. He was afraid to lose their precious friendship if she rejected him.

“Sica, I have something really important to tell you” he said seriously facing her. The smile that was previously on his face was no longer there. Sica was starting to get scared.

“Oppa, what is it?” she asked

“Jessica, I… have to leave” he said sadly and Jessica was shocked.

“L-leave?” she said with shaky voice “Where are you going?”

“I’m going to America to study medicine” he said suddenly and Jessica felt her heart breaking into little pieces.

“What?” she asked “For how long?”

“7 years” he said looking down because he couldn’t face her anymore because he knew he was hurting her. Sica felt tears falling from her eyes and wiped them immediately. She faked a smile and hugged Hae. He was really shocked with that.

“I’ll wait for you” she said and he smiled

“I promise I will come back” he whispered and caressed her cheek “Before I go… I have to tell you something…”

Donghae took a deep breath and finally gained the courage to confess.

“Sica, I love you” he said and she was shocked to hear to that. Tears of joy fell from her eyes and she hugged him.

“I love you too Donghae oppa” she said and he kissed her gently. She blushed hardly and he smiled.

“When I come back, we’ll get married” he said hugging her and she nodded “I promise”

…….

At the present

Jessica woke up really early that day and crossed another day in the calendar. That was it. That day was going to be exactly 7 years since Donghae left. She sighed.

“7 years” she said “I’m still waiting for you Donghae oppa”

She walked down the stairs and was heading out to go to work when her parents suddenly stopped her.

“Jessica, wait” her mother said

“Yes mom?” she said smiling at her

“Sica, we have something important we have to tell you” her father started saying. Jessica sat down on the couch next to her parents really confused.

“Is there something wrong?” she asked worried

“No no” her mother said “It is actually, something really good”

“Sica… you are getting married!” her father said excited and Jessica’s eyes widened

“WHAT?!” she asked surprised “NOBODY HAS ASKED ME TO MARRY HIM!”

“We arranged your marriage dear” her mother said as if it was something normal

“Yes” her father said “This guy came and said he was really interested in you and asked to marry you and we agreed.”

“I am engaged to complete stranger?!” she asked in disbelief “Are you guys crazy?!”

“He is rich and handsome man, Sica” her father said and she couldn’t believe he was saying that. She never imagined her parents were the kind of people that were only interested in money. She thought they cared for her happiness.

“I’M NOT GOING TO MARRY HIM!” she yelled frustrated “I’ll wait until Donghae oppa comes back!”

“Jessica, we are sure you are really going to love this man” her mother said and she shook her head.

“I’m not going to love anyone that is not Donghae!” she said and stood up immediately. She was planning to go to work but she was not in the mood anymore. She would call her boss and tell him she wasn’t feeling ok.  She went upstairs making a tantrum and slammed the door of her room.

Now that she was alone in her room, she let out all her tears. She couldn’t believe her parents were arranging a marriage for her just because the man had money. Especially since they were aware of her feelings for Donghae.

After crying so much, she felt tired and fall asleep. The next day, her mom knocked on her door really early in the morning.

“Sica you have to meet your fiancé today! He is waiting for you downstairs!” her mother yelled from outside as she didn’t want to open the door.

“Tell him to go home! I don’t want to meet him!” she said

“At least be polite and meet him!” her mother said

“FINE!” Jessica yelled “I’ll tell him to go away myself!”

Jessica quickly got changed and walked downstairs. As she was walking down she spotted the figure of a tall man that was facing the window so Jessica could only see his back. Her parents left smiling as soon as she was there.

“I’m sorry for keeping you waiting” she said trying to be nice

“No problem miss” he said without turning to face her. He had a really deep voice. “Your parents told me that you are not willing to marry me. Can I know why?”

“Yes” she said “I’m still waiting for the only guy I’ve ever loved. He promised he would come back”

“How do you know he will come back?” he asked her “What if he had already forgotten you?”

“I believe him! He said he would return and I’m gonna wait for him!” she said with a lot of security in her voice. The man smiled.

“I’m glad to hear that” he said and Jessica was confused. He was glad? He suddenly turned to face her and dropped.

“D-Dong-hae?” she said with a trembling voice. Her legs felt weak and tears fell from her eyes. He smiled at her. 7 years had passed by and his smile was still the same. He had changed somehow. He was taller and handsomer but he was still the old Donghae.

“You actually waited for me Sica!” he said excited “I’m so glad you did!”

He ran to hug her but she pushed him away and hit him many times.

“PABO!” she yelled at him “Why didn’t you tell me it was you?!”

“I just wanted to play a little prank on you” he said and chuckled “Just to know if you really missed me”

“I HATE YOU!” she said and he was shocked “I waited for you for 7 years and you still doubt my love?!”

“I didn’t mean that” he said really sorry and hugged her. Jessica didn’t fight and just let him hug her. “I missed you a lot too Jessica and I just wanted to make sure that the guy that you really want to marry it’s me”

“Of course it’s you!” she yelled at him and hit his arm again. He smiled. He wiped her tears and slowly leaned forward to kiss her. The moment she had been waiting for long had finally arrived. Her Donghae oppa was back.

“I’m sorry for making you wait so much” he said really sorry and she smiled

“But you are back as you promised” she said “My parents helped you with this, didn’t they?”

“Yes, they did” he admitted and laughed “Actually your father wanted to kill me at first for making you wait so much”

Jessica giggled. Now she understood everything. Her parents did it for her happiness.

“Don’t you dare to leave again!” she said and he hugged her tightly.

“I’m not going to leave you again” he said. Then he suddenly knelt down and pulled out a little box. Jessica gasped surprised and then smiled. “Jung Jessica, do you want be my wife?”

“NO!” she said and Donghae was shocked

“NO?” he asked hurt and Jessica laughed hardly

“I’m just joking! Of course I want to!” she said and he sighed relieved. He slid the ring on her finger and kissed her

“Yah! Jung Jessica you’ll see” he said and started chasing her around the room. He finally caught her and they fell to the ground. He was on top of her and she was really blushed.

“I love you” he said and kissed her again

“I love you too” she said.

“YAH you guys shouldn’t do this things until you get married!” her father suddenly appeared on the living room. They stood up and laughed.

“Is not what you are thinking dad!” Jessica said blushed “Don’t be so erted”

“So, when is the wedding?” her mother asked and they started discussing everything. 7 years of wait were worth it because they were now finally together. 

...............