Yoonwon oneshot: One more day

HaeSica and YoonWon oneshots

Yoonwon oneshot: One more day

It was raining heavily that morning but Yoona didn’t move an inch from where she was standing. She was holding an umbrella but still some raindrops could fall into her beautiful face. She didn’t mind, it was better that way because her tears could be mistaken with the raindrops.

She was standing there in front of the tomb of her boyfriend Siwon. He died some days ago in a car accident and she hadn’t been there to say goodbye to him. Destiny had been so cruel that they didn’t even have the chance to say goodbye.

Flashback

Yoona was at home preparing dinner for Siwon who was about to arrive. It was their second anniversary and she was going to surprise him. Suddenly her phone started ringing. When she saw the caller’s ID she smiled.

“Oppa?” she asked

“Hi Yoong” he said. He was driving to her house after work and he was going slow because it was raining. “I’ll be there in while”

“I’ll wait for you don’t worry” she said smiling and looking out the window “But be careful because it’s raining”

“I know” he said sweetly “I love you”

“I love you too” she said

End of the flashback

That was the last call she received from Siwon. She waited all the night for him but he didn’t appear. The next day she received the news that he had died in car accident and felt like her life would tumble down. She cried all day and didn’t want to see anybody. She locked herself in her room until the day of the funeral.

Now, she was standing in front of his tomb in a rainy day. She wiped her tears and walked away. All the memories of all the times she spent with him were still in her mind and that make her smile. She walked around the city and stopped in Namsam tower, the place where Siwon had asked her to be his girlfriend. She cried even more after remembering that moment. She went up and from the top she could see the entire city.

“Seoul is so beautiful” she said sighing

“Just like you” she heard someone said and turned around startled because that voice sounded really familiar to her. dropped and she rubbed her eyes many times but the image didn’t disappear. HE was there waving at her with his beautiful smile.

“I think I’m hallucinating” she said hitting her head and he just chuckled

“You are not, Yoong” he said

“This can’t be” Yoona said and now tears were rolling down her eyes again “I saw your body! You are dead!”

“Yes I’m dead” he said with sad voice “Unfortunately”

“Then what are you? A ghost?” she asked with a shaky voice

“I’m not a ghost” he said “But I’m not a human either”

“Then what?” she asked confused

“It’s hard to explain” Siwon said scratching his head confused

“How can this be?” she said crying of joy. She ran to him and hugged him tightly. She was so happy to have him there. He was real, he was actually there! Siwon her hair and felt happy to be there as well.

“I was given a last chance” Siwon explained “To finish everything I left unfinished on earth”

“What kind of chance?” she asked still hugging him. She didn’t want to let him go because she was afraid that if she did so, he would leave just like he came.

“One more day on earth to be with you” he said smiling and kissed her forehead. Yoona felt her heart sank after he said “one more day”. It was only going to be one more day but it was better than nothing.

“Why does it have to be only one day?” she asked with teary eyes looking at him. Siwon felt his heart breaking after seeing her so sad and wiped her tears.

“Because I’m already dead and we cannot change that” he said “But I was given a chance to give you my farewells.”

“Siwon, I don’t want you to leave me!” she said crying and Siwon wiped her tears gently

“Don’t be sad my deer Yoong” he said smiling at her. “Let’s do something, remember I only have 24 hours”

“I know” she said sighing and tried to smile “Ok, what do you want to do?”

“Let’s go to eat something” he said and Yoona giggled

“How can dead people be hungry?” she asked

“Well I don’t know” he said and laughed

They walked together hand in hand and went to a restaurant to eat something delicious. It was as if Siwon was still human because everyone could see him but fortunately there wasn’t anyone that could recognize him.

They sat down and started chatting. For a moment Yoona forgot that Siwon was dead and that he only had 24 hours left.

After eating, they went to the amusement park and had fun as if they were little kids. Even though it was still raining, they could enjoy their day together.

Siwon hugged Yoona and kissed her cheek suddenly. She blushed and smiled.

“Why was that?” she asked

“Well, I won’t be able to that anymore” he said and Yoona smiled but she felt sad again. Siwon noticed that and hugged her even tighter.

“Please don’t be sad” he said whispering in her ears which gave her goose bumps “I’m here to make you happy not to make you sad”

“Sorry” she said and tried to feel better. Finally it stopped raining but it was already night. The sky was already turning dark and Siwon cursed the time for running so fast. They decided to go for a walk in the beach. Yoona could feel the cold breeze and shivered. Siwon wrapped his strong arms around her and hugged her from behind to keep her warm.

“If only a day could have more than 24 hours” Siwon said sighing

“I know” she said enjoying the view of the dark ocean in front of them.

“Oh I completely forgot about it” Siwon said hitting his forehead

“What?” she asked confused

“Remember that the day I died, it was our second anniversary?” he asked

“Of course” Yoona said

“Well I was going to give you a surprise” he said and suddenly knelt down. Yoona’s eyes widened as she didn’t expect that to happen. Siwon suddenly pulled out a little box and opened it revealing a really beautiful ring. “I was going to ask you to marry me”

Yoona gasped surprised. She felt her heart beating faster and tears fell from her eyes. She felt really touched and hugged Siwon tightly. He stood up and kissed her lips gently.

“I would have said yes” she said wiping her tears. Siwon smiled and put the ring on Yoona’s finger.

“I want you to have it with you so that you’ll never forget about me” Siwon said

“I’ll treasure it as if it was your heart” Yoona said kissing Siwon again “And of course I’m never going to forget you even without this ring, you’ll always be in my heart”

Siwon smiled and now he felt the tears coming down his eyes. He hugged Yoona and they stayed there staring at the beautiful view until it was late.

“I think it’s time for you to go to sleep” Siwon said and Yoona laughed. He just sounded like a father lecturing his daughter

They walked together to Yoona’s apartment enjoying every single step together. Yoona opened the door of her house and left the keys on her table. She took a fast shower and changed into her PJs while Siwon was waiting for her on her room.

They both laid on the bed and Siwon hugged her. She laid her head on his chest and was trying hard not to fall asleep.

“I know you are tired” he said smiling at her “Just sleep”

“I don’t want to” she said pouting “I’m afraid that when I wake up, you’ll be gone”

“I’ll be” he said and kissed her head “But it will be easier to part that way”

“Siwon oppa… I’ll miss you a lot” she said sad and he smiled

“I’ll miss you too” he said “But we’ll see each other again”

“When I die” she joked and Siwon laughed

“Yes” he said “It may be in a short time or in a really long time but I’ll be waiting for you”

“I’ll wait for that moment too” she said smiling

“Yoong promise me you’ll continue living your life normally” he told her “Don’t be sad for me”

“I promise” she said and kissed him

“If you ever get to love someone else I’ll hunt him!” Siwon joked and Yoona laughed

“No need to worry about that” she said

“I’m just kidding, don’t be afraid to love again” he said sincerely

“Even if someone appeared in my life, I would never forget you” Yoona said “You are irreplaceable”

Siwon smiled and kissed her forehead.

“I love you” he said

“I love you too” she said “And I’ll always will”

“Sleep my deer Yoong” he said as he saw she was yawning “Tomorrow when you wake up, remember this as if it was a dream”

Yoona couldn’t fight anymore and finally gave up and fell asleep because she was really tired. Siwon was there with her until it was his time to go.

The next morning when she woke up, she was alone on her room. She looked around but she didn’t find him anywhere.

“Was it just a dream?” she asked herself but then she saw the ring that was on her finger and smiled. “Of course it wasn’t”

Siwon’s fragrance was still around her room and she felt happy about everything that happened the previous. She would treasure those memories all her life. No matter what happened in her life, she would always love Choi Siwon.