Wintry Morning

Forgotten Touch
Chapter 1: Wintry Morning
 
It was a dark gloomy day, with the sky pouring down water nonstop for the past week, showing no signs of any sun or it's light. Eunbyul looked at her foggy window, trying to search for any signs of the rain receding, but sadly the dark clouds wouldn't let any of those thoughts occur. She sighed and headed slowly towards her bed, but stopped halfway when she thought of something that made her giggle. 
 
Eunbyul put her negative thoughts away and ran towards her closed door. While running, her right hand was lifted to get ready to open the door. She puts her hand on the door knob, turned it to the left and pulled the cream coloured door open. 
 
Walking forwards a few steps she stops when she faces another cream coloured door opposite to her room. Eunbyul looked at the handle and slowly brings her hand up to take hold of the door knob. Slowly the petite girl pulled the door open, and swiftly ran inside without making a sound. 
 
Eunbyul giggled softly at the sight in front of her. The way her older brother sleeps and snores always seem to make her day brighter. Although that wasn't the reason why she was all happy, oh no, she wanted to wake him up, and that was one of highlights she looks forward too every single day.
 
Suddenly, Eunbyul dives into the big messy bed and jumps around like a crazy rabbit, but much more heavier and much more noisier. 
 
"OPPA! OPPA! TAEMIN OPPA! IT IS A BEAUTIFUL SUNNY DAY! IT'S GOING TO BE A BEAUTIFUL FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR ME! OPPA WAKE UP!"
 
Eunbyul kept on repeating those lines over and over again, jumping in different positions on the bed until someone kicked her off. Her brother groaned and ruffled his hair. When she was in contact with the fluffy carpet Eunbyul yelped and scream like there was no tomorrow.
 
"OPPA! WHY DID YOU DO THAT FOR!"
 
"Stop screaming for a moment will you"
 
A pillow was then thrown into her face and she was knocked back once again. Taemin sat on his bed and showed his alarm clock to her. He then pointed at it and flicked her forehead earning a little yelp from Eunbyul.
 
"Does this look like 6:30 to you my dear sister" Taemin said raising his voice a little.
 
Eunbyul just stared at the clock and then back to her brother. Trying to look innocent in front of him, she batters her eyelashes and grins.
 
"It will be in about thirty minutes oppa" 
 
"You crazy idiot"
 
No longer having any more patience with her, he grabbed a black covered pillow and slammed it into Eunbyul's face multiple times. Soon enough, Eunbyul grabbed a pillow that was thrown next to her and started hitting him with it. They both slowly stood up, and began having their hundredth pillow fight of the year.
 
Trying to stop the fight, she quickly sped out of the room, but turned back to look at him once again. And to make him  even
more frustrated,she stuck her tongue out at Taemin earning a deathly glare from him.
 
"Mehrong, I'll be making our lunch and breakfast, and you should get ready, because" She points at her own face and ran to the kitchen. The place they were living in was an small old apartment so it didn't took long for her to hear her brother screaming in the bathroom. 
 
A light smoke was flowing in the room covering most of space. Eunbyul coughed and covered with her small hands. She couldn't breathe at all, but what stopped her breath was the sight of her mother sitting on a tall chair in the kitchen. Her mother was smoking. Again.
 
Eunbyul frantically ran towards her weak mother and took the cup pf alcohol in her mothers mouth and threw the used cigarette into the sink. Eunbyul started screaming and crying, causing Taemin to stop washing his face, and ran into the room to see what was going on. 
 
"Umma, you promised, how could you, why do you have to drink and smoke!" Eunbyul screamed over and over again, causing her mother to be in shock for a few moments until breaking into tears. Eunbyul didn't want to hear her mother cry. It felt like a needle would stab right through her heart every time. She didnt want to see her strong willed mother break down like this, it was the last thing she wanted to see.
 
Not taking it anymore, the petite girl pulled her fragile mother in for hug and cried with her. She could hear the endless apologies from her mother muffled cries on her now wet shoulders.
 
"I'm sorry sweetie, I'm so sorry, I just miss him so much, I miss him to the point I can't even remember who I am"
 
Eunbyul just stayed quiet but in a few seconds she talked slowly to her mother, ensuring her that she wasn't alone, and that smoking and drinking alcohol wouldn't solve anything at all.
 
"Umma, you are Lee Hyerin, a strong willed person and a loving mother of Lee Taemin and Lee Eunbyul"
 
Taemin walked over towards the crying couple. He put both his hand softly over the shoulders of his sobbing mother. He carefully pulled her up, making sure he wouldn't hurt her in any way, and walked her carefully towards her room. Eunbyul, left behind just sobbed quietly while cleaning the kitchen. 
 
Heading quietly towards the window, she slides it open and looked at the wintry sky. Who is the person that made her mother cry and yearn for so much. She wanted to know. Why was it always on this day and not any other that her mother would break down. 
 
It was as if a big block was blocking her for thinking so, if she thought about it for too long, her head would create an unwanted storm. Her mind was already in huge mess, she couldn't think about it any further.
 
Instead of forcing herself to think about it, the girl dragged herself back towards the kitchen and took out the utensils and ingredients to make their breakfast and lunch. She sang and smiled widely while preparing their breakfast. Cooking would always spare her mind from all those thoughts. After the singing, comes the dancing.
 
"I'm so curious yeeaaa!"
 
"Bipolar ahjumma, you look so stupid right now"