Prologue

Forgotten Touch

"Hyerin" A tall man wearing a black suit said while running slowly towards his young wife who was sitting down on a huge red sofa, patting the heads of two children who were laying their heads on her lap, sleeping soundly. Hyerin ears caught the sound of her husband’s husky voice and immediately she turns her head towards the direction he was at. She was feeling enraged right now by her husband, how could he leave them waiting for him like idiots in this big, fancy restaurant. Nevertheless she puts her thin index finger on her small pink lips to indicate that he had to be quiet and to not make such loud sounds. When he noticed his two children were sleeping, he power walked slowly towards his family without making a single sound. When he made his way towards them, he could feel Hyerin’s deathly glare that were piercing straight through him.

“Minho, why were you late? You do know what we have been waiting here for two whole hours" Hyerin said with a tint of sadness flowing through her voice but kept her straight face. She looked up at Minho, when she met his eyes, she could clearly see guilt written in his eyes. How was she suppose to forgive him, he had done this to her too many times and she couldn't handle it anymore. It was always that person, that persons name would always come up and ruin their outing together, no matter when or where they were at. It was fustrating for Hyerin, her insides were burning, she wanted to scream, shout, yell and hit him, but being the stubborn person she is, she kept her facade up.

With slight tremor, Minho tried to explain the reason why he was late, but as soon as he opened his mouth to speak, he was quickly cut off by his wife. "Was it because of her" Hyerin softly said with a slight shake in her voice, while patting her children's hair to calm herself down. She didn't dare to look at his face anymore, if she did, the tears she tried so hard to hide, would come running out. Her eyes were already red and sore from crying when she was still persistently waiting for him despite her childrens tiredness.

Minho suddenly kneeled down and took a hold of her soft petite hands and placed hers into his and looked into her eyes, as if cleansing her soul from all her negative thoughts. Hyerin wouldn't spare one look at him, so he held her chin and turned her head towards him. When he looked at her puffy eyes and stained cheeks from crying, his heart was aching so much, how could he make this fragile woman in front of him cry buckets of tears for him. He loved her, and he never wanted her to misunderstand about anything. When Hyerin stopped struggling with his touch and looked at him, he took a deep breath and stared deepely into her eyes.

"Seulmi was in trouble today, she needed my help Hyerin, and she has no one else besides me."  Minho said softly, but loud enough for Hyerin to hear. All Hyerin could do was scoff, Seulmi, the reason was always Seulmi. She then shook the two sleeping childrens shoulders to wake them up. "Taemin, Eunbyul wake up, were going home now" As she said that Taemin got up slowly and whined continuously but nodded his head up and down. Eunbyul rubbed her eyes slowly with her tiny hands and slowly sat up straight, when she noticed her tall father kneeling down in front of her, she squealed happily and jumped into his arms playfully with a loud giggle.

Hyerin started dragging out the sleepy Taemin forcefully while Minho was running after her with Eunbyul in his arms. Hyerin was walking quickly without looking back at Minho and in no time they reached the front door of the restaurant. Hyerin went outside and hailed a yellow taxi, she opened the little door fiercely and pulled Taemin into the taxi, she turned her body around, ignoring her husbands plead to stop what she was doing and took hold of her daughters hand, she pulled Eunbyul's little arm but was stopped by Minho, she halted and glared at the young man.

"If you won't let me take her home then you will!" As Hyerin yell out with frustration, she jumped into the cab and slammed the door open harshly and told the taxi driver her address. The yellow car moved off slowly and soon they could no longer see the restaurant.

No sound was heard during the drive home, all that you could hear was the sound of the old air con trying to blow out wind, but got stopped due to the amount if dust lurking inside the machine. A few moments later, sniffling sounds were heard from the petite woman, and from sniffling it turned into wailing cries. Hyerin was crying her heart out, ignoring her son and the driver who were listening to her cries.

"Seulmi, Seulmi, Seulmi, it's always Seulmi, can't you understand what I feel for once" Hyerin said while being engulfed in her stream of tears. Taemin couldn't bear to see his mother cry, he stretched his body forwards the front, trying not to be held back by the seatbelt, and asked the taxi driver for some tissues. When the taxi driver saw how the little boy cared for his mother, he smiled faintly and replied with a nod. While his eyes were still glued on the rode in front of him, he went through the pile of mess on the seat next to his and searched for the box of tissues that he always had with him in the car but never uses it. When his hand had finally touched the box, he took a hold of it and stretched his arms behind his seat and passed it to the little boy.

Taemin thanked the taxi driver and sat back in his spot while grabbing out a lot of tissues and handing it to his mother. On the drive back home, a lot of tears were wasted and a lot of tissues were sacrificed.

 

 

Eunbyul laid her head on her fathers’ body and whined to him quietly. "Appa I'm tired, let’s go home please" Minho patted his daughter to assure her that she could sleep. When he heard the soft snores she was emitting, he walked slowly towards the area he parked his black four wheel drive car. He fished out the car keys from his pockets and pointed it towards the car, the thumb then pressed onto the unlock button and the car headlights blinked out light twice. Minho then opened the car door and carefully places his sleeping daughter onto the seat, when he saw she was comfortable in the seat, he pulled the seatbelt out and buckled her in. After the seatbelt have secured Eunbyul safely, he closed the car door softly and walked over to the opposite side.

Minho opened the door and settled himself in the seat. The car keys were pushed into its spot and with that, the engines started to work, his huge hand made its way towards the clutch and pulled it backwards, his hands now on the steering wheels and foot on the pedals, then he drove off making their way home.

On the way home Minho was deep in thoughts while Eunbyul was snoring and still enjoying her time in dreamland. The car stopped at a red light and all he was thinking about was his lovely wife, Hyerin. He kept thinking. If he would've left Seulmi alone and arrived early, he would see the smiling faces of his family while eating their dinner. The fact that we was away for work most of the time made it harder for him to make time for them, so this was the only time he could spend time for them. Seulmi though, he couldn't ignore his best friend if she was facing emotional trouble now could he?

Minho was so deep in thoughts that he didn't notice the traffic lights turn green. In the back, cars were beeping their horns furiously at the big car in front of them that wouldn't move and it was now a yellow light turning red. Finally, Minho snapped out of his daze when he heard the cars complaint. He stepped on the pedal and sped the car forward. 

Lights flashed before him. Quickly trying to stop the car from moving forward anymore, but cars from both side were quickly colliding into his. Minho didn't spare a single thought, all he could think of right now was to protect his only daughter, his princess, the child he and Hyerin had together and he swear he would protect her from all harms. He got off his seat and flung his arms over the petite girl, covering her whole body, and before he realized it, his whole body was bleeding, shards of glass everywhere. Not being able to muster out any sound, he layed their on top of Eunbyul. The whole time he was only thinking of one person. The whole world in front of him, was slowly fading away, sounds were murmurred, vision being blurred. 

A green car sped right into his; a bunch of other cars also collided together. In the centre were now bunches of cars being crashed into each other.

Everything was blurry.
It felt stuffy, she could hardly breathe. 
There were heavy red liquid, slowly dripping out from her forehead and arms. 
What was going on? She didn't know what was going on, she can only feel a heavy body pressed on top of her, clinging onto her faintly, as if protecting her from something, but from what, she doesn't know, will she ever find out?  She doesn't know either.

Tired, her eyes now drooping low, her body hurts, her body wouldn't respond, she was far too worn out, all she wanted to do was to sleep.