Thirty-one

Crystal and Brick
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It didn’t take that long for them to realize how Minji froze in her seat despite the ringing phone in her hand kept demanding her to answer it right away. If they recognized the panic in her face, they didn’t say anything. 

 

“Answer it. Your mother is calling.” Jongin was surprisingly calm, making the other three were surprised with the way he handled the situation. “It must be important.”

 

“Aren’t we going to show up, too? Like surprising her?” Key sounded very disappointed after hearing Jongin’s words. “We are good friends of your mother, too.”

 

“Uncle, I’m really sorry. But—“

 

“We got it,” Jonghyun gave her assuring smile. “We don’t know about your situation but I assume it’d be better if we don’t say a word and pretend that we don’t meet?”

 

Minji was sad when she heard the words. She shook her head and whispered her sorry before asking to leave the table for a while. She told them that she would let them talk once she believed it’s safe enough to all of them to interact (although Jongin wasn’t sure how safe is safe enough according to his daughter).

 

When there were only three of them left in the dining room, Key’s expression turned to be more serious than ever. 

 

“So, not-so-young lad, care to explain?”

 

*

“Women always talk so long.” Jonghyun whined. “My mom and Sodam noona always talk for hours everytime they call.”

 

“It’s not even an hour, Jjong. Be patient.” Key snorted. “Soojung must be missing her daughter. Give them some time to catch up.”

 

Jongin didn’t respond. He stayed quiet throughout the lover’s quarrel while picking up the kimchi with his chopsticks then drank water once it got too salty for his own liking. His daughter was only a room away from them so he hoped he could eavesdrop their conversations if it’s quiet enough but much to his dismay, his daughter spoke too soft. He couldn’t even hear any sound. 

 

Jongin was dying to hear Soojung’s voice.

 

“I want to check my phone.” Jongin got up from his seat and casually left the table and went to the stairs. Both Jonghyun and Key just let him since

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter