Twenty-eight

Crystal and Brick
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note:

Here's the complete version of previous teaser! I decide to prolong it a bit because i don't want to rush things too much (thanks to your advice!)

well, enjoy!

 

 

 

 

After dismissing his class, Jongin walked out of the class and sighed in content. He just finished teaching his students all the moves they needed to learn for the entire semester and all they needed after that was practice it until they memorized it by body.

He was about to open the door when one of his student cried out his name.

"Ssem!! Kim ssem!!"

Jongin stopped and turned to see whoever just called him. He furrowed his brows when one of his students from another class ran towards him.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Principal called you." She said. "It's important. He waited for you."

"I'll be right there after changing. Thanks, Misun." He smiled and patted her head twice. The girl grinned widely as the most favorite teacher just touched her head.

"What's wrong.." He murmured before entering his room. He needed to change quickly because he knew the principal never liked waiting.

 

Jongin knocked the door twice and heard the principle's voice asking him to come in. He opened the door and peeked his head inside, only to see the principle was talking excitedly with a girl with brunette hair. He couldn't see her face but he guessed the girl must be beautiful, judging from the principle's happy expression.

((Old-ert man, jongin thought))

"Oh, Mr. kim!" The principle said, much too happy to his dismay. If Jongin was surprised, he didn't show it.

The brunette girl also turned her head upon hearing the principle called him out. Jongin averted his gaze from the principle to the brunette girl.

He froze once their eyes met.

 

"Ah! Mr. Kim!" The principle said happily as he beckoned him. Jongin approached both of them and kept glancing at the brunette girl. Jongin's heart thumped loudly because of that girl.

'No way.' He thought as he kept telling himself that there was no way the girl would be in front of him. She should be in California, living peacefully with her family.


"Did you call me, sir?" He asked politely. He stood beside the brunette girl and tried hard not to turn his head, even though the girl kept staring at him openly.

"Yes. I want you to meet this talented girl and help her with her research." The principle said. Jongin gulped an tried to stay calm when the principle gestured him to meet the brunette.

"Hello, sir. I'm Minji and i hope you can help me with my research. I'm looking for the partner for pas de deux and i found out that you're one of the best in Korean art school." She smiled politely and Jongin died a little inside because this brunette girl's smile reminded him of someone.

Jongin nodded dumbly and turned to see the principle. The principle looked completely oblivious with the fact that the most confident teacher had turned into the silent one.

"I guess it'd be better if you guys talk privately. Why don't you show her our practice room, Mr. Kim?" Said the principle.

"Okay sir." Jongin sighed in defeat. He knew there's no way he could refuse the offer because it's actually one of the chances to be recognized as a great dancer globally (because Minji was a well-known ballerina in USA).

But Jongin was afraid that he might ruin everything by losing his self-control. He was afraid that he might reveal his true self to her and scared her for life. No, he couldn't do that.

"Shall we?" Minji snapped him out of his deep thought and Jongin had no choice but nodded and walked out of the door.

 


"After you." Said Jongin as he opened the wooden door in front of him. He let Minji enter the room first before he followed her after.

"Whoaa the practice room 
is really big." Minji looked around in awe. Meanwhile, Jongin just stayed quite in the corner with eyes on Minji.

"Excuse me." Minji called Jongin who looked a little lost. Jongin didn't answer because he really lost in his own thought.

Minji frowned and she cried out his name once again. "Excuse me?"

Still, no answer from Jongin.

Minji clicked her tongue unamusedly and came towards Jongin. The latter seemed oblivious about the fact that Minji came closer and..

"Appa!" Minji shouted right in front of him and it made him a bit taken aback. He was startled and moved backwards when he realized that the girl was so close with him.

"W-what?" Jongin stuttered because he was really shock upon seeing her. But he was more shock to hear her calling him by something he always dreamt of.

"I called you twice but you didn't respond. What's wrong?" Minji tilted her head worriedly.

"W-what?"

"I asked you if something is wrong, appa." Minji repeated patiently. "What's wrong?"

"A-appa?" Jongin blinked again and he moved even further from Minji. He's so scared.

"Yes, appa. It's how korean called their father, right?" Asked Minji.

"N-no?" Jongin looked confused now and even though Minji wanted to laugh out loud so bad (because Jongin sounded pretty dumb with the answer), but she held it out of respect.

(And the fact that his father indeed looked endearingly cute, like how her mother always wrote in her diary).

"I thought you are Korean?" Minji asked him back and Jongin nodded.

"Then? How can you not now about it?"

"I know." Jongin replied and Minji swore she really had a soft spot for her own father because right now, she just wanted to hug him and tell him that it's okay to be confused (or dumb).

"Appa, you're cute." Minji blurted out the C word and Jongin's eyes widened. He wanted to deny that he's the father and he needed to clarify everything.

"I'm not cute." Said Jongin.

He never felt so stupid in his whole life before.

 

"I'm not your father!" Jongin tried to assure Minji for the umpteen times who was busy pigging out on chips.

"Yeah yeah whatever." Said Minji without even looking at Jongin.

Jongin sighed. Minji's stubbornness was beyond his. He slumped in defeat and turned to see the girl beside him.

They'd moved to Minji's place to have a private time to talk. Since Minji's apartment was near SOPA, they decided to go there after buying some stuffs to eat nearby.

"How did you know?" He sighed again, tossing another cookies into his mouth.

"Give up already, huh?" Minji raised her brow playfully and Jongin just groaned in frustration.

Minji smiled upon seeing his reaction. She stopped eating and turned to see him.

"I accidentally read mom's diary a few days before leavi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter