Thirteen

Crystal and Brick
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin and Soojung stared at each other for a moment before Jongin leaned closer to Soojung, making the latter needed to leaned backwards.

"w-what are you doing?" Soojung stammered.

"wifey.." jongin whispered ily, so close to her face.

"w-what?"

"you forgot to say uno." he said before grinning sheepishly and handed her a card before doing victory dance. for the fifth times, he won the game.

Soojung pouted and threw the cards angrily. one more turn and the victory would be hers. too bad the boy in front of her was simply too immersed in the game and didn't treat it as a fun game. they played uno as if they played something serious like a real bloody battle.

"someone is angry." Jongin sang and kept dancing until Soojung threw the pillows at him. Jongin continued to do so, and Soojung was really irked by it.

"that's it. no lunch for you." she threatened.

Jongin's face fell and he stopped dancing right away. he quickly clasped his hands with knees on the floor. "have a mercy on me, wifey. you don't want to starve me, right? you're a good person, right?"

"jerk." Soojung muttered under her breath but Jongin knew he just won her for the umpteenth times in less than 24 hours. Soojung was just too easy to be persuaded.

 

after having lunch (in which Soojung forced Jongin to wash all the dishes and cleaned the table), they went back to the living room. Jongin stole the remote from Soojung, who was about to change the channel because she found the movie boring.

“what a gentleman.” Soojung rolled her eyes when Jongin changed the channel into the soccer match, not caring about Soojung at all. Soojung huffed in annoyance but she knew she could do nothing because he’s just like that.

Soojung expect she would be bored for 90 minutes more because Jongin would watch the match and left her just like that, like all the men in the world. Unexpectedly, Jongin turned off the tv and turned to her, smirking as he wiggling his eyebrows.

“sorry, I’m not the same with all men in the world.” He said. “I’m one in a million.”

“did I just say it out loud again?”

“yep.”

“my god.” Soojung facepalmed.

“so, what do you want to do next? Wanna go somewhere?” Jongin changed the topic, trying to be a gentleman by asking what she wanted.

“uhm..i don’t feel like going anywhere.” She admitted. “can we stay here instead?”

Jongin was surprised with her request, but he wasn’t against that idea. He liked that.

“it’s okay. Do whatever you want.” Jongin shrugged.

“can i?”

“sure.” Jongin nodded. “it’s technically your home, too. Since it’s my home and you’re my wife so yeah. It’s our home.”

Soojung felt something warm in her chest when Jongin said that. It had been a while since the last time she heard something like that. Our.

Soojung didn’t realize her tears started rolling down on her cheeks. Jongin was surprised when he saw her like that.

“Yah! What happened??” he was panic and quickly checked her. It made Soojung cried even more.

“Did I say something wrong?” Jongin asked her but Soojung just shook her head, sobbing frantically. It made Jongin more confused.

“I’m sorry.” He said as he wiped her tears, deciding that it’s the best thing to do for now. He kept apologizing to her and wiping her tears, squeezing her shoulder once in a while in a gently manner.

“it’s not your fault.” Soojung said in the middle of her sobs. She shook her head and looked at him, eyes were glassy and face was reddened.

“and then?”

“if I told you, promise me you wouldn’t laugh.”

“I promise you.”

“really?”

“yes, wifey.” Jongin nodded, reaching out his pinky finger to her to do a pinky promise. Soojung did the same and they did the promise thingy.

“I was..touched.” she said. “it’s been a while since the last time I felt like this. Our. That word… ah I don’t know.”

“I got it.” Jongin smiled, pulling her into a surprise embrace, patting her back. “I’ll say it many times until you’re sick of it. Until you don’t feel alone. Until you wanna hit me because of my cheesy words.”

Soojung smiled and soon she found herself hugging him back.

 

 

“I love playing piano.” Soojung said when she took one paper from the bottle which was written ‘hobby’ with a cute handwriting; Jongin’s. “I love exercising, playing with my friends, lis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter