Twenty-two

Crystal and Brick
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

nothing lasts forever wasn't a sentence without meaning, and Soojung finally got to know the real meaning behind that.

After days full of happiness with Jongin, Soojung needed to face the reality when suddenly, Kibum handed her his phone with a very serious expression.

"Taemin." He said without further explanation. Soojung furrowed her brows but said nothing. She mumbled a quick thanks and answered the phone.

"Yes oppa?"

"Soojung-ah." Taemin hurriedly responded. "You need to stay there and don't go anywhere! I'll find out the way to rescue both of you but until then, please stay there."

"What happen?" Soojung's heart was pounding when Taemin replied with one name she's really afraid of.

"Hyung is looking for you."

 

"Wifey!" Jongin jumped onto the bed and hugged Soojung's waist. Soojung, who was busy with her thought quickly gave him smile and patted his hand in her waist. Jongin hummed contentedly as he pulled her closer.

"What's wrong?" Jongin asked when Soojung didn't say a word after five minutes. Soojung just shook her head and continued being quiet.

"I'm curious!" Jongin whined and pouted, even though Soojung didn't face him.

"I'm just tired." Soojung finally replied. Thankfully, Jongin bought it because her voice did sound tired, exhausted even. The thought of her husband looked for them consumed her and it made her energy drained completely. That was why she kept feeling exhausted and chose to lie down instead of going around like usual.

"Are you sick?" Jongin was worried. He put his head on Soojung's forehead and frowned when he found  out that Soojung was fine. He touched her cheeks and neck, but nothing's wrong. Soojung was okay.

"No, Jongin. I'm just tired." She replied. If Jongin found it weird, he didn't show it. Instead, he hugged her as he rested his head on her head, humming a random tone and closing his eyes. Soojung, despite of tiredness and all those consuming thoughts, finally managed to fall asleep with Jongin still hugged her tightly.

She felt safe.

 

Soojung suddenly jolted awake when someone woke her up violently. She quickly got up and rubbed her eyes sleepily, trying to decipher the situation as she realized Kibum was the one who just woke her up.

"Oppa wh--" 

"Ssssh!!" Kibum looked worry as he kept glancing to the window. Soojung suddenly had this bad feeling by judging from his expression.

"Uhh..Wifey?" Jongin stirred in his sleep when he realized his only bolster had gone. He got up and frowned unhappily when he saw Kibum was there with Soojung.

"What's wrong, hyung?" He asked, voice was still croaked.

"There are a few people outside." Kibum said. Soojung's heart pounded faster because she knew the situation.

"What?" Jongin blinked, still didn't get the point of why Kibum was in their room.

"Stay here. Lock the attic and turn off the lamp. Try to hide if the worst thing did happen. Stay safe." Kibum instructed them and Jongin remained confused. Soojung, on the other hand, felt really terrified as she had imagined this kind of scene a few hours before.

She just didn't know that the scene would really happen that soon.

"Don't worry, we'll keep you safe." Kibum gave them assuring smile before leaving their room quietly. He shut the attic's door quietly as he climbed down and after that, they couldn't hear anything.

Soojung hugged her knees and she shivered in fear. Even without seeing those people, she knew who had sent them.

It must be her husband.

Jongin was surprised to see Soojung in that kind of state. He quickly pulled her in a tight embrace and her hair, whispering some words to sooth her nerves.

"It's okay. I won't let anyone harm you." He said before kissing her hair and inhaling the scent of her shampoo. Soojung burried her face in Jongin's chest and hugged him tightly, finding undescribable comfort from the heat radiated from his body.

This was Soojung's home.


Thankfully, nothing happened at that night. Those people didn't do anything further except sneaked into the backyard and peeked to some windows. Kibum and Jonghyun had locked every door and window so there was no way they could enter their house. After doing that, they stayed quietly in their room with baseball bat and frying pan in their hands. they were more than ready to fight if necessary.

After making sure those people had gone, both of them went to attic and checked on the younger. They found that both of them were hugging each other in uncomfortable position which made Jonghyun cringed. Jongin must suffered a lot, he thought. But judging from his expression, Jonghyun could tell that the pain in Jongin's back was nothing compared to warm hug they shared to comfort each other. That's why after telling them everything's under control, they left Jongin and Soojung to continue their sleep because it must be tiring for both of them.

It turned out that they didn't even close their eyes until morning came. Both of them were too anxious because of previous event and ended up chatting until Soojung could hear the sound of people started their activities and the sunlight beamed down through their window. Jongin chuckled and plant a loving kiss on her forehead and soon, he followed her.

 

Three days after the late night incident, those people were back again. This time, they knocked the front door impatiently and Kibum carelessly opened it without peeking through the hole.

"Who are you?" Kibum calmly asked, trying to act as natural as possible even though his heart almost stopped. He mentally cursed himself for letting his guard down.

"We're looking for someone." One of the tall men said in a deep voice.

"Jonghyun? He's working right now." Kibum replied.

"Not him." He responded. "We're looking for another person."

"Well, there's only me and my husband in this house." Kibum shrugged. "You must get t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter