Twenty-three

Crystal and Brick
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When finally morning came, Jongin was surprised to find Soojung was no longer by his side.

Jongin blinked his drowsiness away and forced himself to get up. He stumbled after his feet since he's not fully awake. He picked up his sweatpants and wore it before going downstairs. He wanted to complain because he wanted to cuddle yet Soojung left for breakfast first.

When he was downstairs, he was greeted by nervous Jonghyun who threw a panic glance at his lover while Kibum's eyes widened upon seeing Jongin's presence. Jongin was oblivious with that fact as he went straight to the kitchen and grabbed a slice of pizza on the table. Cold, but he's hungry and pizza would always be welcomed.

"where's Soojung, hyung?" He asked as he kept munching his pizza. Jonghyun and Kibum looked at each other, exchanging message through their gaze.

Jongin frowned. His appetite suddenly lost and he put down his half-eaten pizza. He looked at the couple and repeated his question. "Where's she?"

Jonghyun gulped and he didn't do anything but looked down to the floor. Seeing that Jonghyun didn't say anything, Kibum sighed before replying to Jongin's question.

"She left." That's the only thing he could say before Jongin suddenly raised his voice. he was alarmed by Kibum's response.

"No way! Is it April's fool? Hyung, that's not even funny." Jongin laughed nervously and his grip on the table tightened.

Kibum shook his head and he took something out of his pocket; a letter.

"I wish it was a joke, too. But.." He sighed. "Here. We found it on the table this morning."

Jongin took the letter with trembling hand. He carefully opened the letter and read it.


Jongin..

I'm sorry for leaving you so sudden like this. I don't wanna disturb your sleep because you look so peaceful, like a baby.

I don't leave because of something bad. I leave for good, for protecting you, us, from the bad thing which will occur if i stay beside you. No, it's not because of you. It's me.

I kept thinking about it and i've decided that the only thing i can do to protect you is.....this. I'm really sorry but i don't want nothing but knowing that you're safe.

Please tell Kibum and Jonghyun oppa that i'm really thankful. I'm sorry for leaving without words. But anyway, i'm never good with farewell.

Thank you for loving me and making me remember how does it feel to be loved, and completely in love. I love you and everything happened during our time together is the precious memory that i'd treasure. Even when i leave, this feelings would never.

I love you, oppa. Gonna miss you a lot, especially your nasty temper whenever you ask me to call you oppa then stop me from doing so after i put too many oppa in my sentence.

And also our cuddling session.

And make out.

And the best .

The very first time i made love, i swear to god.

From the one who loves you, and will always do.

-Soojung

 

As soon as he finished reading the letter, Jongin brokedown in despair as he clutched his shirt and growled in anger; in despair. The tears slowly escaped from his eyes and soon followed by sob of despair. Kibum approached him, wanting to calm him down but Jonghyun held him, shaking his head and telling him to leave Jongin alone. Jongin absentmindedly walked to his room, his shared room with Soojung, and another sob of despair escaped from his lips. He threw himself onto the bed and cried his heart out, feeling the empty and uncomfortable feelings in his chest.

He was shattered into pieces, by the one who just collected his pieces of broken heart and fixed him. Jongin just started to fall in love again yet the tragic thing happened soon after.

To say he's broken was definetely an understatement.

 


Soojung stood in front of her house and sighed. After hours of sitting in the bus, she finally got off and walked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter