XIV

A Collection of Ficlets & Drabbles
Please log in to read the full chapter

Title: Ballin’

Pairing: Kris/Seohyun

Genre: Fluff

Rating: PG

Wordcount: 2000~

Prompt: Kris’ IG video post.

 

“I give up!” Seohyun raised both her arms.

“What?” Kris relaxed from his dribbling stance, up-righting his posture.

“I surrender!” Seohyun conceded, knowing fully well that he’s gonna score, again, if they continue this so-called game. He already made five baskets and her score was still nil and she’d prefer the disparity in scores be put to a minimum otherwise she won’t hear the end of it.

“Quitting so soon?” Kris said with one end of his lips slightly curled to a smirk while holding the ball with his two hands then he safely nestled it between his forearm and right hip. “But we’re just getting warmed up.”

Seohyun gave him a pointed look. “No. You’re just getting warmed up at laughing on my expense.” Kris just chuckled and did not even deny her allegation. She huffed. “Luring me out in the dead of the night when I could already be having a good night sleep just to make fun of my nonexistent basketball skills. I should be mad at you.”

“But you’re not.” Kris gave her a slow sweet kiss after closing the small distance between them.

“Huh. Don’t get too cocky, Duizhang.”

It wasn’t the first time that Kris and Seohyun did this. (With the consent of their managers and coordis, of course.) Their respective managers would be obliged to drive them to a park where they’d meet up occasionally just to do things as mundane and cliché as simply strolling within the vicinity with their hands tightly clasped together or aimlessly biking around (in couple-bikes, hence cliché) or sometimes eating delectable treats that was either bought (Kris’) or made (Seohyun’s). And to avoid the chance of getting seen by fans, they do it in an ungodly hour. Eventhough there is no really need for that, but hey it won't hurt to be extra cautious, as the park they frequent to is a small one in a secluded area near EXO’s dorm and would normally be deserted save for the couple of Halmonis and Harabojis jogging around the area who (most of the time) pay no mind to the couple. It’s a clear indication that the senior citizens have no idea Kris and Seohyun are two of the idols their grandchildren dodge classes for just to have their purchased album copy signed in fanmeets. But what the old folks (sometimes) give them are disapproving stares when they pass by the idol couple on a park bench sitting a little too close to each other for the grandparents’ conservative taste. Youngsters these days would be mumbled (loudly) followed by a crisp Tsk!. Both Kris and Seohyun just laughed it off because they think there's nothing indecent when they sit side by side and he has his arm thrown over her shoulder.

There would also be times, and lately has been increasing in occurrence, when Kris would oh-so-generously offer to teach her play basketball. It was more like Kris actually playing and Seohyun miserably pretending just so Kris can call it one-on-one game. When in reality, she really was no match for him. He could easily swipe the ball off of her hand and make a quick two-pointer jump shot for himself. And most of the time, he didn't even have to guard her, because the ball would always fall a few feet short from the expected destination every time she'd take a shot. And the downside of it all, Kris wasn’t even really trying.

Yeah, he can be cool. Sometimes. When he wants to.

“Actually, I invited you out so I could impress you with my superb balling skills.” He said jokingly, gums showing as he smiled in a way that Seohyun shouldn’t even find remotely charming but she does anyway because Kris’ stupid gummy smile is adorable like that. Seohyun resisted to coo and instead scoffed, playing along with his joke.

“Maybe I should have worn that cheerleader outfit from our Oh! music video to properly cheer for you then?”

Kris smirked, eyes glinting mischievously, “That thought had actually occurred to me several times.” Wiggling his bushy eyebrows in a rather suggestive manner.

Seohyun, against her better judgment, found it cute but she pretended to mock him. “.”

“Not.” Kris disagreed with a pout, totally not embarrassed at what he just confessed. “I think I’m allowed to fantasize about my girlfriend.” He said as-a-matter-of-factly.

Seohyun suppressed the blush and grin creeping on her face. “You’re gross.” Kris simply shrugged, smiling like he’s pleased with himself. “Also, I hate to break it to you but I think it’s a little too late to salvage all the cool you lose when Showtime happened.”

He had to guts to look offended. “Hey, it was all for the show and the fans. I was entertaining, wasn’t I?” His eyebrows were scrunched, lower lip jutting out in a manner she should find disgusting on a 187 cm full grown man sporting numerous piercings and tattoos. But then again she didn’t. She honestly found it cute.

“Sure, sure. You were the highlight in most episodes.” She could no longer suppress her giggles.

Please log in to read the full chapter