Chapter 07

A Boy Who Never
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    

It's a fair and pleasant afternoon, Lucas who just finished his classes on a Friday, excitedly went home to prepare his outfit since he will meet up with Jungwoo at the amusement park later. At the Wong residences, Mrs. Wong asked Lucas if he can invite Jungwoo to his birthday party tomorrow. 

Lucas: "Mom, I still don't know if he can but I'll try..."

Mrs. Wong: "Does he go to the same school as you?"

Lucas: "No, he's attending another school"

Mrs. Wong: "It would be nice if he can attend your birthday party"

Lucas: "It is...if he will accept my invitation."

Lucas walked out of the mansion and he looked at his phone to check the time and it's already 4:45 PM. Inside the car, Mr. Kang noticed Lucas again on how delighted he is.

Mr. Kang: "Do you have a date sir?" Lucas looked at Mr. Kang and he just smiled widely at him. 

The sky is getting dark when they are approaching the amusement park. Jungwoo said to Lucas that they should meet up at the amusement park instead of going to the 'noon castle' 

.Mr. Kang: "Sir! I'll go pick you up around 11: 00 PM"

Lucas: "No! Mr. Kang, I can go home alone"

Mr. Kang: "Are you sure sir?"

Lucas: "Yes, don't worry."

Mr. Kang: "Okay sir, by the way, sir make sure you confess later okay?"

Lucas feels embarrassed and he somehow turned red because it might obviously show how much he likes Jungwoo though Mr. Kang didn't know who Lucas will meet up at the amusement park.

Lucas is already waiting outside of the amusement park while he's trying to endure the cold weather. People come in and go to the amusement park, with loud chatters and laugh, a group of friends enjoying the place and the moment. After an hour, Jungwoo isn't at the place and Lucas is worried about where is Jungwoo. He looked at the time at his phone and it's already 6:30 PM. Lucas doesn't know how to communicate with Jungwoo other than going to the 'noon castle'. Lucas sat on the wooden bench and he looked down at both of his hands are both in his hair looking dismayed and worried. When suddenly a familiar voice is calling his name from afar. Lucas looked at to the area on where the familiar voice comes. Lucas who's eyes gets glistens as he sees Jungwoo. For the first time, he sees Jungwoo other than his uniform. Jungwoo is wearing a simple polo shirt with a jacket on and a denim black pants. 

Jungwoo: "Wong!"

Jungwoo is waving from afar but before Jungwoo comes closer to Lucas. Lucas ran to him and embraced him. Jungwoo somehow got surprised with the sudden act. 

Lucas: "I thought you're not going. I thought you forget our promise." 

While Lucas is embracing Jungwoo, Jungwoo showed a soft smile and pats Lucas back and said

Jungwoo: "I'm sorry to worry you. But I am here"

Lucas realized that he is embracing Jungwoo in public that some people were looking at them and Lucas quickly put off his hands to Jungwoo.

Lucas: "I'm sorry..." 

Jungwoo smiles brightly to Lucas and ruffles his hair and looked at him at the eyes

Jungwoo: "Okay, shall we go now inside?"

Lucas and Jungwoo who is walking side by side went inside of the amusement park. Lucas who doesn't experience all the fun inside of an amusement park steps his feet for the first time on the grounds of it and he can already tell how people enjoy going there. Jungwoo point at to a shop and he ran. Inside of the shop, Lucas is looking around at the shop and there is so many novelty stuff and Jungwoo went to him as he is bringing hats with him. Jungwoo put on a headband of a dog ears to Lucas while Jungwoo wears a headband of cat ears.

Lucas: "Do I really have to wear this?!" 

Jungwoo: "YES! if we don't' wear it then we can't really feel like we're in an amusement park." 

Lucas and Jungwoo went out of the shop and Jungwoo seems enthusiastic on what rides should they go to first. Jungwoo keeps on a point where they have to ride and Lucas just goes along. He just keeps on looking at Jungwoo with a smile as he finds Jungwoo cute as he keeps on talking and going to places. 

They went to a photobooth together while wearing funny hats and making funny faces. When Jungwoo saw a group of people performing acrobatics, Jungwoo hold Lucas' hand and he said

Jungwoo: "Come on! let's watch them. It seems fun" then Lucas just swayed away by Jungwoo's enthusiasm. Lucas feels Jungwoo's hand, his hand is a bit cold but maybe it's because of the cold weather. Lucas and Jungwoo finally went to watch a group of people performing acrobatics while Jungwoo is amused by it; Lucas keeps on looking at Jungwoo.

When they already rode all the fun and extreme rides. Lucas somehow felt tired already that they decided to take a break. Lucas and Jungwoo are in a food court area at the amusement park. After they take a break, Jungwoo invited Lucas that they should ride the ferris wheel. As they went to the decks of the ride, they carefully went inside, Lucas who sits at the left side while Jungwoo sits at the right side. Jungwoo who is looking at the night view from the window and Lucas who is gazing upon to him. Jungwoo can sense that Lucas is looking at him and he said as he smiles

Jungwoo: "Is there something in my face?" 

Lucas startled and looked at his drink

Lucas: "No! uh nothing" then Jungwoo asked him

Jungwoo: "How's the game last week?"

Lucas: "It's been a great game, we won. I haven't had a game like that before especially my parents being there to support me." 

Jungwoo: "That's good, I am happy for you that they were able to attend your game." 

Lucas wants to ask Jungwoo more about him since he's been sharing a lot and there's still a part of Jungwoo that he hadn't known. He doesn't have a phone, he hasn't seen his house or even his school, he always wears his uniform every time he goes to the 'noon castle', Jungwoo is always the one who stays late at the 'noon castle' and haven't seen him walking out of the door even once but despite the missing puzzles, as they get to talk with each other, Lucas still likes Jungwoo. 

Lucas: "Jungwoo, I want to ask something"

Jungwoo: "Yeah, what is it?"

Lucas: "Since I've been sharing a lot of my stories with you. I want to get to know you more. I want to ask you a lot of questions but I don't know where to start."

Jungwoo smiles at Lucas while Lucas keeps on looking at him.

Jungwoo: "So what do you want to know about me?"

Lucas: "I guess...we will start with simple things like what's your favorite color? favorite food? favorite music? or what is the movie or show that you saw recently? or do you have any hobbies other than reading novels?" 

Jungwoo cackles as he finds Lucas cute as he keeps on talking and didn't know what to ask to Jungwoo. Jungwoo looked at Lucas and he took a deep breath and said

Jungwoo: "Okay, my name is Kim Jungwoo, I was born February 19, 1998, that makes me a year older to you. My favorite colors are green, black and white. I really like eating snacks that's why I am happy that whenever you bought a snack during our hang outs at 'noon castle'. I like watching animations. I like to read books obviously. I can travel alone I just have to pack the things that I need. You can say that I am very old fashion."

Jungwoo look at the window and keeps on talking

Jungwoo: "I dream to be a writer someday or just be in that field of publication. I really like the smell of books and the sight of libraries. At school, I already shared to you a part of my story there but other than those sad pasts, in school I really like hanging out in the school's field because they have this flower garden, that place makes me feel at ease whenever I am at school. I drink tea rather than coffee. I like pets, I like the night, I like rainy days. I like to listen to pop songs and dance along when a beat drop. I like arcades, I usually go to an arcade after such long busy examination week. I like to try new things because it makes me excited. I like the feeling of excitement over things that make you happy and sharing that happiness with others." Jungwoo looked at Lucas and said

Jungwoo: "Does all these information are okay? or..."

Lucas: "No, it's okay. I'm fine that there's a part of you that I still haven't known and when this time as you share it with me, I feel like I am right." Lucas showed a soft smile and Jungwoo looked at Lucas with sincereness and asked

Jungwoo: "What do you mean?"

Lucas looked at Jungwoo's eyes intently and said

Lucas: "I am right that you are a bright person, making others feel at ease. I am right to what I thought about you." 

Jungwoo who didn't know what to do, just gaze at Lucas and clears his throat as he looks at the window again. They are still at the ferris wheel and they are already at the top. Lucas and Jungwoo both looked at the window and appreciate the view of the night. While both are appreciating the night, Jungwoo says something 

Jungwoo: "Isn't the night so beautiful? it didn't rain, the night sky isn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter