Chapter 16 - END

A Boy Who Never
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After stepping into the world again,
there is that question of how to love, 
how to bundle yourself against the frosted morning—
the crunch of icy grass underfoot, the scrape 
of cold wipers along the windshield—
and convert time into distance. 


January Gil O'Neil (How To Love, 2014)


The day passes by so quickly, Jungwoo misses his work for almost two weeks now, the staff from his work keeps on calling for him but he's not answering. Jungwoo just stayed in his room, being silent and heartbroken, the candles that got melted were still on the floor of the living room. Jungwoo's room only has a bit of light from the window but most of his room his dark. Jungwoo's phone is ringing and he looked at it. Taemin is calling at him. Taemin has been calling Jungwoo for several times, when Taemin stop from calling, someone knocked on the door. Jungwoo looks from the window and it's Taemin. Taemin gesturing to Jungwoo that he should open the door. Jungwoo went downstairs and open the door.
Taemin looked at him in a curious way.


Taemin: " I went to your work but your co-workers said you haven't even attended work for almost two weeks now. What happened to you? You look like a mess."


Jungwoo's hair is a mess, he hasn't even got a bath and he looks listless. Taemin takes a peek at Jungwoo's house and he thought that it's also messy. Taemin looked at Jungwoo in a serious manner and said


Taemin: "Tell me what happened?"


Jungwoo looking listless fixated his sight to Taemin, as he opens his mouth to utter words. Jungwoo gets emotional


Jungwoo: "Hyung, I...can't...I did something bad to Lucas."


Taemin: "Hey! what happened?"


Taemin supported Jungwoo as Jungwoo looks like he is about to fall. Jungwoo cried into Taemin's shoulder as Taemin supported Jungwoo by hugging him.


Jungwoo: "Hyung, he's unconscious because of me...the consequence happened to him. I can't anymore...."


Taemin: "Okay, let's go inside first and you need to drink water."


Taemin supported Jungwoo to the couch and Taemin went to the kitchen to get water for Jungwoo. Jungwoo still feels emotional as his eyes are still sore and he looks bloated. Before Taemin offer the drink, he told Jungwoo to breathe in and breathe out.


Taemin: "You got thin, do you even eat? Here, drink water first and I will listen to you."Jungwoo drinks the water that Taemin gave to him.


Taemin: "So, tell me what happened?"


Jungwoo: "Lucas, got into an accident. Lucas friend wrote a letter and break the news to me. Lucas has been unconscious for half a month now...and I am here selfishly thinking he moves on from me. I put him in that situation, I should be the one taking it"


Taemin: "Hey! don't think that. "


Jungwoo: "Hyung, I just can't stay here. I want to see him, I want to hold him. Every night I cry on my bed thinking about him in that situation. I don't know how can I go back there again, how can I save him."
Taemin took a deep breath and looked at Jungwoo


Taemin: "I...also experience that situation."
Jungwoo with bloodshot eyes looked at Taemin and asked


Jungwoo: "What do you mean, hyung?"


Taemin: "Remember that guy who broke the rules?....it's me."


Jungwoo: "Hyung..."
Taemin smirks as he looked down and you can tell that he's nervous talking about it.


Taemin: "Yes, it's me. I got a lover too just like you. I broke the rules because I am in love with a person. At this moment, I still think about my lover, I regret that I brought that bad luck to my lover when I should be the one receiving it. I see you from my situation...."Taemin hold Jungwoo's hand and looked at him with concern
 

Taemin: "I don't want you to experience what I did...there's this method that actually works....to break that consequence."


Jungwoo: "What is it?"


Taemin: "Thinking about it is already hard but doing it is much worst"


Jungwoo: "Tell me hyung, what is it? how can I save Lucas?"


Taemin: "When I also received the penalty, I am about to do that method but as I went to that place, it's already too late and I cried my heart out that I don't know what to do without my lover....I...went to this cliff near the ocean, as time travelers we have this device that got inherited by us. I am supposed to jump off the cliff with that device but I didn't do it because it got too late. That method is dangerous, especially since it's still uncertain whether the opposite will be saved. That method will make things change."


Jungwoo: "Change?"


Taemin: "Yeah, if that works. If ever you live again and come back, you won't remember anything, even your lover but the thing is the gift of time traveling will be taken away from you instead you're going to be mortal...you're going to be ordinary. Time traveler who meets someone they love and like, they do that to cast away the gift. I don't know if I really want to recommend this to you because there's a possibility that you won't be able to come back to Lucas life."


Jungwoo  wipes his tears and looked at Taemin with a serious expression
Jungwoo: "Hyung, thank you....I'll do it. I don't care anymore, as long as Lucas will be saved. After all, I am the one who fell in love with him first, I brought this to him."


Taemin: "Jungwoo, don't think as if falling in love with him is a wrong thing. Love is not a negative feeling, it's a hopeful kind of feeling....so please,  believe in yourself, just believe in him."


Jungwoo smiles back to Taemin as his eyes still sore. Jungwoo kept on thanking Taemin but he also felt a little sad for him, as he finally knew who's the guy who broke the first the rule of time travel.
Days and nights pass by, Jungwoo is recovering from his lowest point. Jungwoo receives updates from Kun, Lucas is still unconscious but Jungwoo decided not to reply to Kun as he doesn't want to bring Kun a bad luck. 


Jungwoo looks for the device that got inherited from him. Jungwoo's parents went away when he already turned 18 and he stayed with his grandmother. Jungwoo at that time didn't understand why his parents left him without a word, and as his grandmother says about the time traveling within the family, Jungwoo at first thought that it's a good gift but as he travels years, he feels lonely but because of his grandmother, he still feels that family love.
Jungwoo received a silver key necklace embedded with opal and citrine gems from her grandfather.
At Jungwoo's room, he lights up the table lamp and sat on the chair. Jungwoo prepares a blank paper and takes a pen. Jungwoo decided to write a letter to Lucas before he will do the method that Taemin told him.  While Jungwoo is writing the letter for Lucas, he can't help but feel sentimental but he's trying his best not to feel emotional, not to cry anymore, for him.
It's already 8:30 PM, Jungwoo looked at the clock. He sealed the letter, he lights up the candle and takes the book as he put the letter beneath the pages of the book. Jungwoo sent a message to Taemin that night.


Jungwoo's message: "Thank you, hyung. Maybe without you, I really don't know what to do, when I found out what happened to Lucas, I don't know what to do, I felt like I'm stuck in this corner, I cried almost every night thinking about I brought this to him...I haven't even said to him that I love him so much but Lucas always write to his letter that he loves me. I really don't deserve the love that he's giving me and I just have nothing but trouble to him. That's why I will try to rewrite it."
moments later Taemin reply to Jungwoo


Taemin's message: "Hey, Jungwoo. I hope you know, both of you are worthy to be love. He must have felt your love too. I am not in the position to stop you even though I want to but whatever happens, I hope you find your happiness, both of you. I always wish you happiness."


Jungwoo decided to do the method the next day, he doesn't want to waste any time. But before Jungwoo is about to clean things on his table, he thinks of something.  He sits down again on the chair and writes a letter but this time he is writing for himself.


To Kim Jungwoo,


Hi! It's already 9:20 PM, Thursday. I decided to write a letter to myself. I write this because I want you to remember what kind of a person you are. You are patient, you like being productive, you like reading and writing, you are hard working, you like eating sweet. You hate it when the rain have thunderstorms, you dislike being messy, you hate bitter food. You like meeting people and listen to their stories but then there's this one guy who caught your attention. He became a stranger, a friend and lover. Wong Yukhei but you call him Lucas, you just call him Yukhei when you're angry with him. Even though Lucas looks like he won't talk to you and looks intimidating because he's tall and handsome, Lucas is actually funny and he always wants to make you happy.

I hope you don't take him for granted, he's a hard worker, he's a good friend, he makes you feel at ease. Lucas compliments you every time you see each other and at often you get shy about it because you're not use to people complimenting you but you get to use with Lucas' compliments. 


Lucas and you both hanging out in this place called 'noon castle', it's around Lucas' high school but you might take a ride though; every afternoon you meet up there, talk about things, play, eat, feels a sense of freedom. Whenever you stay there, Lucas brings snacks and things that make you happy but mostly he brings food. Lucas and you planted flowers in the backyard of noon castle, somehow that place looks like a wrecked but because you decided to persuade Lucas to recreate the place, you both agreed to make a garden.

I hope one day when you see each other, I hope you can go there with him, to see the flowers if they already bloom. 
If you see a boy that runs to you and suddenly hugs you, I hope you don't avoid him, he just misses you. He might be missing you since he's been loving you. 
I wish you happiness, I hope you find love.


Jungwoo


Jungwoo also put the letter beneath his letter to Lucas. In its envelope, he attached a note and it refers to Kun. Jungwoo wrote to Kun that if he ever comes back, Jungwoo wants Kun to send it to him.
Jungwoo prepared the things that he needs. Jungwoo also cleans the things inside of the house. It's still dark but Jungwoo already left the place. Jungwoo is about to go to the place that Taemin told him. He takes a bus and it's an hour & a half long drive on the road. Jungwoo decided to go there before the sunrise. Jungwoo decided to do it on dawn.


While on the road, Jungwoo listens to music. Jungwoo looked out the window and all he can see are the dark sky and the silent road ahead. Jungwoo is dozing off as he feels sleepy. The people who are also inside of the bus are either busy listening to music, talking and taking a nap. 


Slowly, Jungwoo's head is resting on the head pillow of the seat as he fell asleep while listening to the music. Somehow Jungwoo dream of something. It's spring, the light of the sunbeams into the ground, the greeny leafy fields swaying to the wind as it also breezes the flower trees. In Jungwoo's dream, he's an ordinary person, who studies and goes to work. In Jungwoo's dream he is in a flower field then he saw a familiar posture; tall, hair down as it ruffles through the wind. Jungwoo felt a little anxious and delighted as he sees the familiar person. In Jungwoo's dream he called the person's name, when he called the person's name, the person looked back. Jungwoo didn't know what to do but he went close to him.


Jungwoo: "Lucas!"  In Jungwoo's dream, Lucas is there. 
Lucas looked back and he showed a smile at him. Jungwoo went closer to him and just looked at him with fondness and yearning.


Jungwoo: "I miss you so much..."


Lucas: "I miss you too..."


They both embraced each other tightly, Jungwoo can't help but cry because he is able to embrace Lucas in such a long time. Lucas also tightly embraced Jungwoo. When they finally separate from the tight embrace. Lucas looked at Jungwoo,


Lucas: "How are you?..."


Jungwoo: "I'm fine...I'm so glad to see you"Lucas smiles as he wipes Jungwoo's tears with his hand. 


Lucas: "Don't cry...you should be smiling."


Jungwoo's tear is present as he smiles back to Lucas. Lucas is making funny faces that made Jungwoo chuckles. Both of them, hold each other's hand as they are walking into the flower field. They talk to each other and talk about things that they miss.


Lucas: "I always waited for you...there's no day I didn't write you letters...."


Jungwoo: "I know...I read them every day..."


Lucas: "Are you staying with me? for good?"


Jungwoo's expression turns sad as he looks at the ground then to Lucas' gaze. Jungwoo just nods his head and that made Lucas smile brightly but Jungwoo's smile painted with sadness because he knows to himself that he can't stay. Jungwoo is just making Lucas assure that everything will be alright for him. Lucas and Jungwoo stop walking and they faced one another while they hold each other's hand.


The sun is present in the sky, Lucas, and Jungwoo both in the middle of the flower field. Jungwoo tightly grips Lucas' hand as he looks at it then his left-hand hold Lucas' cheek.
Jungwoo: "Lucas, whatever happens. I want you to know that I always root for your happiness and success. My thoughts are with you day and night. Wishing you happiness and love. There might be obstacles but I hope you won't give up, you just continue with what you dream of and the goals that you made. Meet other people and make friends...
Lucas is a bit confuse to what Jungwoo is saying but he feels the tenderness of it.
Jungwoo's tears drop as he continues


Jungwoo: "I hope you know that I have always loved you...I love you."
Then Jungwoo went closer to Lucas as he tiptoed and kissed Lucas. As they kiss, Jungwoo's tears keep running on his face but he ends the kiss with a smile and embraced Lucas again. Lucas embraced Jungwoo tightly too and said


Lucas: "I love you too...always have, always will."


Jungwoo's thought that the decision that he made for Lucas is the best for now.  When they both have each other's embrace, both of them notice the sky, and it's a mixture of pink and blue that made it like a purple sky. Lucas and Jungwoo both look at the sky and hold each other's hand.  Lucas got surprised when he heard an alarm sound then he looked at Jungwoo.


Jungwoo: "I am going to miss you so much"


Lucas got worried about the flowers from the field, the trees are fading.
Lucas: "Hey! what's happening?!" Then he looks at Jungwoo


Lucas: "Jungwoo!" 


When Lucas look at Jungwoo, he saw him uttering the words in whispers and Jungwoo said 'stay gold, my love' Jungwoo referenced it from the book that he gave to Lucas before which was The Outsider by S.E. Hinton.  Lucas keeps on shouting on Jungwoo's name, as everything around him turns pitch black then suddenly he saw a light that he covered his eyes because of how bright it is when he heard familiar voices.
 

At present time, Mr. and Mrs. Wong are present at the hospital and they both got surprised that Lucas opens his eyes. Mr. Wong called the nurses while Mrs. Wong stays with her son. Mrs. Wong is crying and said


Mrs. Wong: "It's going to be a fine son" Mrs. Wong keeps on crying as she feels at ease now that her son finally wakes up.


That day Lucas finally wakes up after being unconscious for months. Mrs. Wong keeps on crying to her son and Mr. Wong can't help but cry but at the same time, he feels happy that Lucas is fine now. Mrs. Wong informs Kun about Lucas since Kun has been visiting Lucas. Lucas stayed at the hospital for almost 2 weeks before he finally comes home.


When Lucas finally comes home, his parents take care of him as he regains his strength. After several weeks, Lucas is able to gain his strength and he does some activities now. Mrs. Wong decided to take a break from acting and take care of his son though Lucas insists that Mrs. Wong should come back to being an actress since Lucas knows that his mom's passion is acting but Mrs. Wong assures that it's fine for her to take a break for acting and maybe come back at the right time when Lucas is completely fine. Lucas mostly stays at the garden every afternoon then he remembers the noon castle, Mrs. Wong doesn't allow Lucas to go to the noon castle especially that the accident happened there. 


While spending the afternoon in the garden, Mr. Kang, Lucas personal butler called Lucas attention and inform Lucas that there's a guest for him.


Lucas: "Who it is?"


Mr. Kang: "Your friend, sir"


Lucas saw a familiar face, and it's Kun. Kun brought gifts to Lucas. Kun has this delighted happy expression as he looks at Lucas.


Kun: "It's good to see you, are you fine now?"


Lucas: "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for visiting me."


Kun: "I brought some gifts and food for your mom."


Lucas: "Thank you!"


Kun shares things that Lucas missed out from the past months that he has been unconscious. Some of Kun's shared stories made Lucas laughed but then Lucas got concern with the noon castle.


Lucas: "Do you happen to visit the noon castle?" Kun nods his head and said


Kun: "Yeah, I did and I brought something for you."


Kun brought out a letter from his bag to Lucas. Lucas received the letter and he looked at the writing and it's from Jungwoo.


Kun: "I wrote him a letter for you, informing him what happened, it must have been a shock for him because for 4 months he didn't reply to me, I actually thought he didn't receive my letters but one night as I went to the noon castle, he replied to me and there's a letter for you and him."


Lucas: "What...?"


Kun: "I don't read the letter that he wrote for you, I don't even know too. It's just that he wishes for me to bring that letter to you. Jungwoo attached a note for me saying the other letter is directed to him and you."
Kun stood up from his seat and said


Kun: "I want you to read that letter may be the answers that you've been wanting to know is in there...I should go now, I just came here to bring that to you."


Lucas: "Thanks, hyung"


Kun showed a smile and wave to say goodbye. Lucas decided to read the letter there in their garden. Lucas opens the envelope and reads the letter from Jungwoo.


To Wong Yukhei,


How are you? Yes, I'm using your full name and I'm not angry. I am writing this letter to you, not knowing what to convey. I want to share that I met someone like me here and he became like a big brother to me, he's a good big brother even though he acts like a kid sometimes but he's good. I happen to have a job here, I go to work almost 6 days a week, keeping myself busy but when things happened to you, my everyday routine suddenly went on a crashed.

Until now, it's a shock for me to what happened to you. I fell into this dark corner and I didn't function like I always use too. When I found out about it, I am eager to come back there for you, to hold your hand tightly as I hope for your recovery and the worst part is that I can't. I always cry at night thinking I can't be there for you.


I read your last letter to me and you mentioned how we first met when you're a sophomore? Yeah, I did go to your school but I decided to stop attending school after I graduated from my junior high since my grandmother shared with me abt my gift. It's funny how I thought we met into this abandoned place but little did I know that we already met before that. There's a part of me I wish I can go back there and introduce myself.


There's this thing that I've been hiding about from you and I think it's time for me to say it. Remember the times when I avoided you and at some point wants to break our connection. I broke the rule. In time traveling, we have this rule that we don't have to break and that is revealing ourselves to mortals but the worst part is that I communicated to you for several times. I dreamt that I got warned about what I did and instead of me taking the consequences. It's hard to believe because I've been wanting to take that consequence for you.
I talked to this time traveler and he happens to be the first one who broke the rule. That traveler's story was the same as mine but it's too late for him to save that love of him. He shared to me that there's a way to stop the bad consequence to the one that I love.


I am writing this to you as my last letter because there's a possibility that if I do that I won't come back but the small chances of it is that I can come back but I don't remember you anymore, all the memories that I have with you, all the time that we spent together, the words and affections that we shared, all of it, I don't remember it ever again. It makes me cry knowing I will not remember those things we shared that I considered dearly to me. Rather than thinking of my own happiness, I decided not to be selfish but instead saving the person that I love. I want to save you. I will save you.


If ever, we meet again. Please, pursue persistently, make me fall in love with you again because I can't imagine falling in love with someone else. I want to feel the same kind of affection again from you. I want to fall in love with you again. 


If we meet again and become friends, let's go back to noon castle and let's find out if the flowers that we planted blooms. I highlighted a part of the book that I appreciate the most and I want to leave that to you.
The truth is I am afraid to love as I time travel through different times, I am afraid to fall into this euphoria that, you came along. You made me feel not afraid of it and that it's okay to love, that it's fine to find someone who makes things better for you. 


Thank you for loving me, there are times that I take your love for granted but I always appreciate it and sometimes I thought I don't deserve the attention and love that you give me. I wish you happiness, I always root for you. I want you to know that I will always love you. See you again, my love. 


Jungwoo

After Lucas read the letter, he flips the page of the book to see what Jungwoo highlighted a part then Lucas reads 
“The dawn was coming then. All the lower valley was covered with mist, and sometimes little pieces of it broke off and floated away in small clouds. The sky was lighter in the east, and the horizon was a thin golden line. The clouds changed from gray to pink, and the mist was touched with gold. There was a silent moment when everything held its breath, and then the sun rose. It was beautiful.”  (The Outsider by S.E. Hinton)


After Lucas reads Jungwoo's letter, the tears in his eyes drop into his cheek as he covered his mouth with his hand while the letter from Jungwoo kept into his chest as hold by his other hand... Lucas feels upset, sad and love. That day, he finally knows the truth; the truth that Jungwoo has been hiding to him. The truth is not about him being a time traveler but the truth of being afraid to fall in love and the realizations of it that it's okay for Jungwoo to love. A boy who never exist in Lucas sphere, a boy who never thought he could fall in love, a boy who finds his true happiness, a boy who finds love.


- AFTER FIVE YEARS-  


It's spring, the sun beams into the surroundings. The flower blooms as it gives life into the green leafy leaves. The wind breezes through the surrounding that makes the trees sways in its direction. 
Lucas who is driving his car, on his way to his university. He is currently a senior and taking business administration as his course. Lucas is also helping his dad in the company that makes it like his training ground. When Lucas finally arrive to the university, he received a call from his mom.


Lucas: "Yes, mom?"


Mrs. Wong: "Your dad will go home next week and he said that we should get together for a dinner."


Lucas: "Yes, how are you mom?"


Mrs. Wong: "I'm fine, I'm taking a break with filming scenes. It's very cold here though"


Lucas: "Be careful not to catch a cold mom."


Mrs. Wong: "Yes, dear. Thank you. See you next week."


Lucas: "Okay, mom. See you too."


Lucas who parked his car saw his friends in the university. The group of boys greeted Lucas with smiles and laughs as they talked about their upcoming thesis paper.


Friend #1: "Hey! are you going tonight?"


Lucas: "What's with the schedule tonight? I didn't know"


Friend #2: "There's this even from the creative writing class, they'll be having this free film viewing in open space and a live band, my girlfriend told me that she will bring her friends."


Lucas: "I'm not interested...I told you many times, right? I've not interested meeting dates"


Friend #3: "Oh man! how many time we will convince you and pursue you to say yes."


Friend #1: "Or...the event seems a tradition to the creative courses and the place is good too. There will be a firework display after the event and free food and drinks. Come on! don't be a killjoy, we're going to graduate now, we won't be in this kind of university life."Lucas has been thinking and somehow his friend convinces him to go


Lucas: "Okay, I'll go so that you won't call me out for being a killjoy."


The day is filled with meeting requirements and doing works. Lucas stayed in the library after his classes. Other than being a university student, he also participated in this club in their university and it's a book club. Lucas meet some of his group mates in that club and somehow he's happy with them since he got into reading when he met Jungwoo. Lucas took out the book that Jungwoo gave him years ago. Lucas with eyeglasses keeps on looking at it, reminiscing the time he had with Jungwoo before. 


Lucas: "Where are you...?  I always miss you." 


Lucas always waits for Jungwoo to return, he doesn't give up on him. He believes that Jungwoo will return someday but it's 5 years since that happened and that hope kind of blurs. The only thing that he had as a remembrance from Jungwoo is that book and that last letter that he received.  Lucas phone rings, as he looked at it, it's from his groupmates at the book club. Lucas groupmates sent him a message that they will be going to the event later tonight since there will be new club members to be introduced. 


Lucas is staying in a small apartment, he decided to move out of their home since he started his university life. He wanted to learn things by himself even though his parents are still worried about him. Lucas understands why they are worried for him but he made sure that everything will be fine and if there will be a problem he will let them know. During Lucas' university life, he's been invited to group dates, though he attended for his sunbae (*seniors) Lucas don't engage with it because he knows that when he noticed a girl's invitation to him, he will give false hope to them because after all his heart still belongs to Jungwoo. 


Lucas prepared to go out, as he wears casual clothes and a jacket that has a logo of their university  Lucas' friends have been calling him and asking him where he is. 


Lucas: "I'm going now"


Friend #2: "Yeah! it's almost 8:00 PM, the first film viewing already ended. We might be watching some live bands here."


Lucas: "Okay, I'll just inform you guys if I'm already there."


Lucas drives his car to go to the event.  Lucas usually spends his evening at home rather than going out. He doesn't often go out. When Lucas drove into this street, it looks familiar to him then he remembers that is the route to noon castle. Lucas hasn't been into that place since he moved out from their home. Lucas look at the time, though he got conflicted at first, he decided to stop by at noon castle.


The post lamps light up the roads as Lucas drives. Lucas stops the car and parks it near a cafe. Lucas decided to walk there instead of driving the car. As Lucas walks into the familiar street, he somehow remembers the time when he always does that to see Jungwoo every afternoon after class. When Lucas finally arrives at the noon castle.

He looks from afar and it seems that someone already occupied the place. The noon castle feels different from now since it's been renovated, the house was also painted and it looks like a different house. Lucas remembers that Jungwoo and he planted flowers in the garden of noon castle, later Lucas has this urge of wanting to go to the noon castle. He also thought that the person occupies the place might find him weird ringing their doorbell at 8:30 PM.


Lucas took a deep breath and went on the other side of the road.Lucas looked at the house and a doorbell, he took a deep breath and push the doorbell. Lucas noticed that the room on the ground floor lighted then a person came out of the house. 


Woman #1: "May I help you?" Lucas look so lost but he gathered his courage again


Lucas: "I...uhm...are you the current owner of this place?"


Woman#1: "Uh...yes? why?"


Lucas: "Uhmm... I just happen to go here years ago and...it amazes me how it looks like a real home now."
The woman smiles at Lucas and she continues talking to him


Woman#1: "Yeah, I'm glad to hear that it looks like a home now. We got this house last year with my son and it didn't look like a home since everything is worn out but we just happen to see that inside of this house, there's something wonderful in it."


Lucas: "Wonderful?"


Woman#1: "When you look at the house before from outside, it looks like it got abandoned and haven't taken care of but when you go inside, there's a wonderful thing and maybe that's the reason why we bought and renovated it. When we went inside for the first time here, we got amazed by the garden. It's full of flowers and there's a flowering tree too. I don't know how the owners left this house like this but they really make sure to cultivate a beautiful garden."


When Lucas heard the woman talking about the garden of noon castle. Lucas felt sentimental about it and there's a part of him wants to see it with his own eyes but listening to the woman's story makes him smile and it already satisfy him.


Lucas: "Thank you, ma'am, for your time and I'm sorry if I bother you somehow"


Woman#1: "It's fine, by the way, I noticed your jacket, are you a student from there?"


Lucas: "Yes, ma'am"


Woman#1: "My son also a student from there but he's just a new transfer since we came from Busan, though it's hard for him to socialize and he's more like an introvert, people often thought he's a snob but he's not."
Lucas: "Oh...really? maybe I can befriend him, ma'am." The woman smiles at Lucas and appreciates Lucas' friendly approach


Before Lucas ask the name of the woman's son, his friend calling him. Lucas excuse himself to the woman and answer the phone.


Friend#1: "Hey! Where are you?!"


Lucas: "Uh...yeah, I'm on the way."


When Lucas hang up the phone, Lucas says goodbye to the woman


Lucas: "Ma'am, I have to go now. Thank you for accommodating me and sorry if I bother you"


Woman#1: "No problem, keep safe"


Lucas walks back to his car, he somehow feels delighted as he finds out that the noon castle got owned by people who take care the place and knowing that the garden that Jungwoo and he planted blooms and finds its home.
At the event, Lucas looks for his friends as he sent a message to them that he is already there but before he sees his friends, the book club members notice him and greeted Lucas with smiles.


(CM = club member)
CM#1: "Sunbae (*senior) good to see you here!"


Lucas smiles at them and said
Lucas: "I'm glad that you all are here too"


CM#2: "By the way sunbae, we will be having welcoming dinner next week are you coming?"


Lucas: "Wednesday...? I'm not yet sure since we're working on our thesis"


CM#3: "That's too bad, a lot of new members wants to see you especially the girls."


Lucas: "Maybe next time."


Lucas and his club members exchange chuckles and laugh then a club member mentioned the new members of the book club.


Lucas: "How many members signed up for the club?"


CM#2: "About 9? but we're still accepting"


CM#3: "There's this one member, he's not sociable at all, and he seems a snob but he obviously reads a lot of books base on his good recommendations."


CM#2: "And girls really like him too"


Lucas: "Really? he seems like he's a fun person"


CM#3: "Are you be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter