Chapter 06

A Boy Who Never
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's a Friday morning, every student at the school are busy submitting their performance sheet to their teachers. As for Lucas who let his classmates pass the paper first, still in the midst of deciding whether he will submit his paper or not. The performance sheet will determine whether Lucas will be able to progress as a student in the school as well as to achieve a rank. Lucas admits to himself that he's not the smartest kid in the school but he is trying his best to pass his subjects since he has a status of being the son of two well-known people who also contribute to their school. Lucas looked at the performance sheet, and there's this question on the last part in regards to a career; how do you see yourself in 10 years after graduating in high school?. For Lucas, that question is a big thing for him since he started going to high school, that dream seems blurry for him. Lucas gets everything he wants but a junior student Lucas Wong haven't figured it out yet, what kind of dream to achieve. Lucas decided not to submit the paper yet. They still have one more week to submit that. 

It's lunch break, Lucas is spending his time alone at the school lounge. He's busy browsing on his phone, he remembers the time he asked Jungwoo for his phone number but Jungwoo said that he doesn't own a phone and Lucas finds it weird that for a boy in this millennial age doesn't own a phone unless his parents don't allow him. There are many things that Lucas wants to figure out about Jungwoo but Lucas somehow is afraid to ask him because Jungwoo might distant himself to Lucas. Lucas has been thinking about that moment with Jungwoo. It's normal for people to like others, Lucas dated girls before but he hasn't like someone in his same circle, that's why Lucas wants to confirm his feelings for Jungwoo; if that feeling is just a friendly fond or more than that. Lucas doesn't feel weird if the affection he has for Jungwoo is the latter but he's afraid that if Jungwoo knows it, what will he react, what will be his response. 

After school hours, Lucas will go to see Jungwoo. Mr. Kang, Lucas personal butler asked Lucas about his frequent afternoon ventures. While on the car,

Mr. Kang: "Sir, I just want to ask...if it's not a bother." 

Lucas: "What is it?"

Mr. Kang: "I just wonder since you always pull the car near a store then walk. I wonder why I have to pull the car there when I can bring you to the destination that you are going."

Lucas: "Well...one thing for sure I don't do anything suspicious, trust me."

Mr. Kang: "I trust you sir but Mr. Kang asked me before about this friend you talked to them about."

Lucas: "Ah! yes, I understood. I already told them that I would like to meet my new friend to them but maybe next time because he won't be able to attend tonight's match."

Mr. Kang is smiling and Lucas noticed it and he asked him what is he smiling about and Mr. Kang said

Mr. Kang: "I haven't seen you like this sir, it seems that this friend of yours bring delight to you. You seem at ease unlike before."

Lucas: "What do you mean?"

Mr. Kang: "I don't want to be rude sir, but you always have this frown expression, you don't even smile in the morning and somehow I guess when the time you met this friend of yours it changed. I am glad that your friend somehow makes you feel happy sir." 

Lucas looked at his hand and showed a soft smile and he said

Lucas: "Yeah, he makes me feel at ease."

Before the game event occurs later evening, Lucas went to the 'noon castle', Lucas brought some snacks and a drink for Jungwoo. Inside the place, Jungwoo writing in his journal and Lucas knocked on the door. When Lucas knocked, Jungwoo looked who it is and he showed a smile when he finds it that it's Lucas.

Jungwoo: "Oh! I thought you're not going today here?" Lucas who is walking near to Jungwoo to give the brought snacks and a reel viewfinder.

Lucas: "I decided to go here first since the game will be a little bit later at the evening so it's okay" Jungwoo is opening the paper bag and he showed a bright expression as he took the snacks inside the paper bag when he takes the reel viewfinder.

Jungwoo: "Wow! Wong you're being considerate today"

Lucas who sat next to Jungwoo showed how the reel viewfinder works. It's like special stereoscope with a corresponding reel which contains cardboard disks of small photograph films. Jungwoo can't stop smiling at the small gift that Lucas gave to him as Jungwoo is trying the reel viewfinder, Lucas can't stop smiling and finds Jungwoo funny as Jungwoo keeps on commenting how he is amazed by it. 

Jungwoo: "I never thought you would bring this to me, thanks! but it's for ours though, it's not just for me, you can play with it too."

Lucas: "No, it's fine. It's yours!' Jungwoo smiles as he said

Jungwoo: "Thanks, Lucas. I appreciate this. Oh! to compensate this special gift of yours. Here! I want to give this to you, it's one of my favorite novels." Jungwoo gives a book to Lucas and it's called' The Outsiders' by S.E Hinton.

Lucas: "But I don't read books?"

Jungwoo: "Just try reading, you will like it. By the way, sorry how that book looks shabby, I did highlight some of my favorite parts there so yep that book is special to me. I hope you give it a try reading it." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter