Chapter 04

A Boy Who Never
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lucas at school, preparing to practice for soccer in a humid weather. Some of his teammates went to him 

(*TM1 = Teammate #1)

TM1: "Wong! do you want to come along to the team's gathering this Saturday? We need someone to represent the group." 

Lucas who is busy tidying up his belongings as he talks to his teammates

Lucas: "Why not ask the captain instead of me?"

TM1: "He actually the one who told us to invite you"

Lucas: "I'm not even a star player so why me?" then one of his teammates put his arm around Lucas' shoulder and said

TM2: "Of course! you're the superstar of this school and we might get to know some girls too." Lucas looked at the hand of his teammate and somehow he put it away with a calm cold expression. 

Lucas: "I have other business to do on that day, I can't." Lucas stood up from his bench, took his bag and walked away from his teammates, as Lucas went away, he heard what they are saying

TM1: "If only he's not rich and famous we won't be gathering at him like this tsk."

TM2: "That kid really is full of himself, why did he even join the team?!"

Lucas has been used to hearing those kinds of words from people around him at school that he felt numb about it now. When he first joined the team, he has this enthusiastic respond and he joins their gatherings but as he found out that his teammates just using him for his status, Lucas perspective towards them changed.  

After class, Lucas went to the 'noon castle' and as usual Jungwoo always goes there first, he hasn't seen Jungwoo being late, Lucas thought that he guesses that Jungwoo's class ended early.Whenever Lucas goes to the place, he seems like he used to now whether he greets Jungwoo or not because Jungwoo always greets him first.

Jungwoo: "So how's your dinner with your dad?" 

Lucas: "It's fine like the usual, we just ate, no talks."

Jungwoo: "Are you not close with your dad? it seems like you don't have a good impression to him."

Lucas: "I don't really call it close, it's just that he's too busy that he doesn't have any time to go home or spend time with me or with my mom. Well, my mom too is super busy since she's filming on locations."

Jungwoo: "Waaah, I can totally imagine that. Doesn't it make you feel lonely?..."

Lucas hasn't answer to Jungwoo's question because that question hits him. To think of it, Lucas has been eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner alone sometimes he let his personal butler, Mr. Kang to eat with him during those periods so when Lucas finds out that either his mom or dad will come home for a lunch or dinner, it's new for him. Whenever they are in a table spending lunch or dinner time, they don't talk about things like Lucas' day on school or other simple things. They usually are silent or sometimes talk about work that Lucas can't even understand for now since he's still a kid.

Jungwoo: "Is my question offend you?...I'm sorry if it did, you don't need to answer me." then Jungwoo softly hits his forehead like he knew that he asked a wrong question to Lucas 

Lucas: "No, it's okay, I am fine..." Lucas making sure that the question that Jungwoo asked is okay

Lucas: "You can say I am a lonely son but I don't want to be selfish with it. I don't complain to them for not having time with me since I started my high

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter