Chapter 14

A Boy Who Never
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On a busy street, where people are walking, taking their time with people around them, taking their time alone. Lucas who is gazing at the window of the car, Lucas got surprised when his phone suddenly made sound and it's a message from Kun.

Kun's message: "I'll be having my next intern in Busan, so you might probably ask why I won't get to see you often. To be honest, it's a hassle for me to move there but it's an opportunity not to be missed. I hope you will do well with your studies and with Jungwoo too. I am wishing you both happiness. See you in the next 5 months. Take care!"

Kun has been a reliable friend and hyung (older brother) to Lucas. Whenever he wants to ask something with his studies, he asked Kun and they eventually talk everything about school and Jungwoo.

While Lucas is gazing outside of the window of the car, Mr. Kang, his personal butler noticed him and asked Lucas

Mr. Kang: "Sir, are you fine?"

Lucas: "Yes,  I'm just tired from school."

Lucas has so many thoughts lately from school and Jungwoo. In terms of school, he already took an entrance examination to universities that he chose and he finally chose what course to take. Lucas and Mr. Wong, his dad had a conversation before Mr. Wong left the country. They talked about school and Lucas has been doing lately.

 

- F L A S H  B A C K -

Mr. Wong: "How are you son? It's been a while since I come home."

Lucas: "Yes, dad, it's been a while... I am doing well. How about your dad?"

Mr. Wong: "I'm still keeping up with my schedules, I am trying my best to pursue this deal in Japan. How's school?"

Lucas: "I think I am doing well with my subjects...with our soccer team, we might bid my farewell since I am already a senior same with others."

Mr. Wong is aware that Lucas has been doing his best with his studies. Lucas really improves a lot compared to his sophomore year, and Mr. Wong seems content that his son is doing well with school and at the same time he's feeling happy lately.

Mr. Wong: "Your mom told me that you already chose what universities you want to attend at."

Lucas: "Ah, yes...I don't know if I can pass them..."

Mr. Wong: "Just trust yourself, son, just do your best. If ever you don't pass them, there are others to choose from and if you still want to pursue what you like then you can still try again."

Lucas appreciates his dad's advice to him. 

Lucas: "Thank you, dad, I appreciate your words."

Mr. Wong smiled and left out a small chuckled

Mr. Wong: "In all honesty, I am not a good speaker, I don't give good advice but if you say, you appreciate my words then I am happy. Are you really sure to pursue that course? that kind of career?"

Lucas: "Yes, dad. I want to help you with your company. If it means to help people then I am willing to learn. Before I don't understand why you have to go out of the country to the point I don't see you in a year, I always hated the fact that whenever there's a family gathering at school, I just sat there watching kids with their parents but I now I understand why you're doing this. There are people you already help and you also do this for us, that's why I would like to find my own ways to help others."

That night, Lucas and Mr. Wong conversation ended with laughter and smile. After a few days, Mr. Wong went to Japan for his business deals. Lucas that day finally determine what to pursue, he's determined to study.

 

- E N D  O F  F L A S H B A C K - 

When Lucas finally came back home. One of their maids handed him a letter. Lucas looked at the letter and it's from the university that he applied. Lucas went to his room and put his bag on his bed. He sat down in the chair, Lucas feels a bit nervous to what contains to the letter. He doesn't apply to so many schools. Lucas opens the letter and reads it. Lucas' eyes got brighten and showed a soft smile. As he reads the words 'congratulations' Lucas got accepted to the first university that he applied with. After reading the letter, Lucas sent a message to his parents and told them that he got accepted to the first university that he applied. Lucas thought about Jungwoo and he thought that Jungwoo needs to know it.  
Lucas changed his clothes into more a casual fashion, and bring his backpack with the letter.  

When Lucas is about to go down from the downstairs, Mr. Kang noticed him and asked 

Mr. Kang: "Sir, are you going somewhere? I want to remind you sir, that you have dinner with your mom, just in case you forget it sir"

Lucas: "Ah....yes, dinner with mom"

Lucas decided not to go at noon castle today as he will have a dinner with his mom later and might probably go instead tomorrow. Lucas hopes that Jungwoo is doing fine.

In the parallel side, the dark sky at night stars that twinkle upon it. Jungwoo is in a food stall, drinking alone. Then a man asked him

Man: "Are you drinking alone?"

Jungwoo looked up at the old man and the old man is wearing a hat, with a formal attire.

Jungwoo: "I'm sorry but...sir, but I am waiting for someone."

Jungwoo just made up an excuse so that the old man won't bother him again. 

Man: "Aren't you too young to drink and be sober?"

Jungwoo looks at the old man intently and somehow he knew that the man is also time traveler like him.

Jungwoo: "Perhaps...are you...the same as me?"

The man smiled softly and nods his head.

Man: "Can I join you?"

Jungwoo: "Okay..."

The man ordered a food and one bottle for him.  

Man: "Aren't you too young to drink?"

Jungwoo shook his head

Jungwoo: "We never age remember?... I may look like I'm in my teens but I've been traveling for so many years..."

Man: "Why do you look like you're not happy with it? Aren't you suppose to be happy?"

Jungwoo looked at the bottle of his drink with a sad expression.

Jungwoo: "No...I'm not happy. I always find this time traveling gift a curse."

Then Jungwoo asked the man

Jungwoo: "Have you ever love someone while you're time traveling? I always wonder how others can keep up traveling without regretting what they left."

The man looked at Jungwoo and drink first before he answered him

Man: "I would be lying if I said no...I fell in love so many times during the traveling"

Jungwoo: "Do you regret that you left the ones you love and the ones you fell in love with?"

Man: "I did...and I always do regret it. There's a part of me that I want to stay for them but at the same time, I can't...By the way, why are you asking me these questions kid?"

Jungwoo seems a bit tipsy and he's just blabbering away his feels. 

Jungwoo: "Hyung (*older brother), how...can I stop that consequence that my dream said to me."

Man: "Dream...?"

Jungwoo nods

Jungwoo: "They told me that I can't receive that consequence but instead the one that I love with receiving it rather than me...and I...I don't know what to do...he doesn't deserve it."

Then Jungwoo gulps as he begun crying but trying to hold it in.

Jungwoo: "I...always want to know what it feels like to love and be love. I travel through time, meeting different people that I care, that I almost like and love. I always reminded myself that I am different from them that I am not normal. Time travelers like us said that it's a luck that we have this kind of ability, that we never age...but for me, I cry at night and thought it's a curse rather than luck. When I traveled back to the place that  I want to save. I thought I'll just leave a good memory there but he came into me like a struck of thunder, I reached out to him and he trusted me with a passionate feeling. I thought he's just someone who will pass by to me but he stayed, he stays to the times that I thought I never needed someone. He planted that flower in a drought plain field."

As Jungwoo keeps on talking, he can't help but cry. He's crying because instead of giving Lucas his happiness, he's just bringing Lucas problems.

Jungwoo: "I shouldn't have met him... I shouldn't have reached out my hand to him and maybe...maybe..."

Man: "Maybe? What?"

Jungwoo: "Maybe he won't suffer like right now. I don't want him to pay the consequence when I should have been the one taking it because I broke the rule."

The man looked at Jungwoo intently with a serious expression

Man: "You know that he also want this. I don't know the whole story but I bet he also fell in love with you. I don't know what to say in this situation but...if you both really love each other, maybe there is a hope."

Jungwoo wants to hold to what the man said to him that there is hope for them, if not them, he hopes for Lucas.

Back at the present time, the next morning. It's weekend, Lucas woke up around 5:30 AM to do his runs outside then after rounds of running, he went back home to wash and take breakfast. Lucas canceled all his plans today so that he can have a day with Jungwoo.

After eating breakfast, Lucas decided to use his bike to go to the noon castle today. Lucas brought some stuff if ever Jungwoo and he might take a day of each other.

Lucas: "I might go home late today, if mom and dad call, tell them I am attending a group practice today. Thanks!"

Mr. Kang: "Yes, sir! take care!"

The sun beams through the day, the wind breezes into the trees and Lucas' hair as he is riding his bike on his way to noon castle.

In a parallel sphere, it's night, the stars are present from the dark sky. Jungwoo who lights up several candles in the living room, one by one is melting. Jungwoo is just staring at a candle melting. He's waiting if Lucas will talk to him tonight. 

Back to Lucas, he finally arrives at the noon castle. He put his bike on the tree. Lucas feels a bit of excitement and nervousness at the same time. Lucas wants to share some good news with Jungwoo. Lucas decided not to talk anything worrisome to Jungwoo instead he will talk about the good things that he experiences and sees, Lucas thought that it might help Jungwoo a bit. 

When Luca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter