Chapter 13

A Boy Who Never
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Damp streets, umbrellas been taken off, the light in the sky is peaking in after the rain. Lucas who is waiting inside a book cafe, sipping a mocha latte while putting out the book that Jungwoo gave him. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton, when Jungwoo gave that to him, he saw so many highlighted sentences that Jungwoo might like.  There's this sentence that Jungwoo highlighted “You still have a lot of time to make yourself be what you want. There’s still lots of good in the world. "

When Lucas first read that sentences from the book that Jungwoo got highlighted, Lucas thought about what he wrote about what will he do after he graduates in high school. Lucas felt like that particular sentence wants Jungwoo to say him too, even though he isn't there physically with him to tell that.

It's already 3:30 PM, a familiar voice called Lucas and Lucas looked at the person.

Lucas: "Kun hyung (older brother), how are you?"
Kun went close to Lucas and they greeted each other by a handshake. Kun is smiling as he wears casually today compared to his previous internship at Lucas' school, that Kun always wears formal suits.

Kun: "I am doing good! Have you eaten yet?"

Lucas: "Yeah, I did. How about you?"

Kun: "Yes, the rain is heavy earlier that I can't get out at the station. How are you? You seem happy today."

Lucas: "I did?!" while touching his cheeks

Kun: "Yes, you are. So something happened?"

Lucas: "We finally able to communicate, I go there three times a week, to be honest, I want to go there every day but Jungwoo said to me that I should do my requirements at school and he assured to me that he's fine too."

Kun: "That's good to hear..."

Lucas: "Yeah, and he shared stories too about his time traveling. I know it's a bizarre thing to hear because when I first heard his voice, I thought I am deluded. Jungwoo shared the things he hasn't even share with anyone. He also talked kindly about Doyoung."

Kun: "Did he told you the possibilities of meeting each other? since his time traveling...he can still go back right?"

Lucas expression turned serious and he looked out the window then take a deep breathe as he sips a drink.

 

 

-F L A S H  B A C K -

A week after Lucas and Jungwoo talked that night, Lucas decided to visit the noon castle almost every day even though Jungwoo told him that Lucas needs to focus on his studies. On the other side, parallel to Lucas. Lucas as day, Jungwoo as night. 

Jungwoo: "I told you right? we shouldn't do this every day... I am aware that you are a graduating student, you should do your school requirements, I don't want to be the reason that you will fail your school year."

Lucas knows that Jungwoo is concern with him and he doesn't want to make things worse for him but Lucas is trying his best to balance both. Lucas is afraid that one night he won't be able to communicate with Jungwoo that's why he's trying his best to go to the noon castle every day.

Lucas: "I know...I'm sorry if coming here everyday worries you. I promise I am diligently doing my school requirements."

Lucas and Jungwoo keep on talking with each other as the candle keeps on melting. They laugh and bicker even though they didn't see each other but they can hear each other's voice as if they are both present in the same room. Then Lucas thought about the possibility of Jungwoo coming back.

Lucas: "Is it possible that you can come back here?"

Jungwoo made a long pause and silence break the laugh and bicker. 

Jungwoo: "It's still blurry... I can't go back to the same place in the same year. I can go back but it will take years, I don't know when..."

Lucas felt upset about what he heard. Jungwoo can go back but it takes several years for him to go back. When Lucas thought about it, maybe he is old at that time while Jungwoo still looks like himself, the first time he met him.

Lucas: "Don't worry, I will wait for you...."

Jungwoo on the parallel side expressed a soft smile on his face and he appreciates Lucas saying that to him. Jungwoo also has worries but he doesn't want to think them for now.

Jungwoo: "Will you still love me even our meeting again might take years?"

Lucas looked at the candle melting to its floor

Lucas: "I love you and I will, still love you"

Jungwoo: "Thank you..."

Jungwoo thought that there are so many people that he met throughout time travel he had done but Lucas is the only person who professed his feelings for him that he thought he could never find someone like Lucas.

 

-E N D     OF   F L A S H B A C K -

 

 

Back at the present time, Kun looked at Lucas with a worried expression. 

Kun: "Are you really okay with it? Waiting for Jungwoo without any specific day, month or year?"

Lucas: "I do worry too... I worry that when he will come back to me, I might look older than him,  I also worry if he will still like me. I have worried too but I don't let him know because I know he will get worried for me too."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter