Chapter 09

A Boy Who Never
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A new day and a new school term, Lucas who is in his senior year. For the new term and Lucas is a senior student. Lucas changed his hairstyle and the way he approaches people. Before Lucas used to walk in a serious expression, he doesn't smile and spend breaks alone but as Lucas come in terms with his parents and meeting his inspiration, Lucas thought that it isn't bad to be himself.

When summer break came, Lucas always spent his time with Jungwoo at 'noon castle' they always have fun with games, eating snacks and they even decided to plant flowers at the backyard of the abandoned place.

-flashback-

At the backyard of 'noon castle' Lucas who brought the flower seeds and other gardening materials are waiting for Jungwoo's words.

Lucas: "Isn't it too hard to maintain this if we plant flowers here?" 

Jungwoo who has this soft smile as he is looking for a good spot to where they can plant the flowers.

Jungwoo: "I don't think so though, I think that despite the abandoned feeling of this place, at least this garden will remain a treasure to this place."

-end of flashback-

Lucas and Jungwoo spent the afternoon planting shoveling and planting in the backyard. They've been doing that the whole summer break but whenever Lucas and Jungwoo talked seriously when the evening comes. Jungwoo always asked Lucas if he still wants to continue their secret relationship. Lucas thought that if Jungwoo likes him too, why Jungwoo have this sad expression whenever he asks about if Lucas still wants him. Lucas always makes sure to Jungwoo that he never once thought that of wanting to end what they have now. And Jungwoo always has this sad smile whenever Lucas talks about it while holding his hand. 

Lucas who also busy with his soccer team but as days and months pass by, Lucas has to decide for his future. At Wong's mansion, Lucas in his room, who is talking to his dad on the phone. Mr. Wong is on abroad for work and he called Lucas asking what would he like to do after his graduation. 

When Lucas finally became a senior, he hasn't thought about it, what would he like to do after the school term. All he knows is that he's enjoying his student life as well as spending time with Jungwoo. Lucas knows that his dad wants to know too, about his plans, his dad might not have said anything in regards to his plans but Lucas felt the presence of his dad wanting to know. While on the phone, Lucas sat on the sofa,

Lucas: "Hi! dad, how are you?"

Mr. Wong: "I am fine but work here has been piling up, sorry if I can't go home this month. How's your mom?"

Lucas: "She's fine...her new drama is doing well too, she's been busy doing interviews and other media appearances but she always comes home after work."

Mr. Wong: "Good to know...so how about your son? school is doing fine too?"

Lucas: "Yeah...I am doing fine..." 

Mr. Wong: "So what about your plans after graduation?" 

Lucas got quiet for a moment and he already expects that his dad will ask him about it. Lucas took a deep breathe and said

Lucas: "Honestly dad, I haven't clearly think about it. I often have this thought that what should I do after this school term...but I haven't found it...I'm sorry..."

Mr. Wong got silent for a minute and Lucas thought that he understands his dad too.

Mr. Wong: "No son, it's fine, you still have many months to go...those goals and inspirations will come, you don't need to rush it...but I want you to know that you can always talk and ask me okay?"

Lucas: "Yes, thanks, dad..."

A new day occurs the weather is not gloomy but not as well humid. Lucas just finished his school and he went straight to the 'noon castle'. When Lucas came to the 'noon castle', he saw Jungwoo at the backyard. Jungwoo is looking at the garden, a small area for flowers to bloom. Lucas smiled as he goes to Jungwoo.

Lucas: "Jungwoo!" 

Jungwoo looked back as he saw Lucas he smiled back at him.

Jungwoo: "You didn't bring something?"

Lucas gave a paper bag to Jungwoo, it's filled with snacks and a box of tart from Lucas' mom. Jungwoo looked at what's inside and he got happy as he saw the box of tarts. Lucas and Jungwoo sat on the bench and they shared the food together.

Jungwoo: "What happened today? it seems good? because you're giving me these delicious tarts" 

Lucas: "Well...since I am already in my graduating year.... plans like what will I be taking after it, university applications like that..."

Jungwoo: "Have you already think about it?" 

Lucas: "Uhmm...yes but...my dad and I talked about it, I told him that I am not yet sure, I don't have a clear plan yet."

Jungwoo: "But do you have any hobbies or passionate about? maybe it could lead you to something."

Lucas thought about it and he thought that he's interested in sports but other than that he hasn't found the thing he is passionate about. Lucas looked at Jungwoo and asked him

Lucas: "How about you? do you have plans after studying?" 

Jungwoo: "I thought about it...I like reading books and writing, I guess I'll take those courses that relate to what I like."

Lucas: "I guess I am happy for you." 

Jungwoo smiled at him and said

Jungwoo: "Don't worry...you will be able to find your answer too." 

Lucas looked at the sky and it's been gloomy since he came there then suddenly he felt a drop of rain, luckily the bench that they sat on was covered by the roof of the place. Lucas looked at Jungwoo and he seems not anxious, I guess it will just rain with no thunderstorms.

Jungwoo put out his hand to feel the water from the rain. Lucas looked at him and Jungwoo has this unhappy expression as he keeps on putting out his hand in the rain, then Jungwoo asked Lucas

Jungwoo: "Do you think that small garden will bloom?" 

Lucas looked at the small area where they planted flowers and plants as the rain keeps on pouring.

Lucas: "Yeah, it will, slowly blooming. Maybe in spring, it will bloom and we can see it together." 

Jungwoo: "Yes...together, we will see i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter