Chapter 12

A Boy Who Never
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day is bright with the light in the sun as it beams into the window of a classroom where Lucas is busy with his paper works. Since Lucas is a graduating student, he is trying to meet all the requirements that need to be done. 
While Lucas is writing in his notebook at his table, the student president called him that their homeroom teacher wants to talk to him.

Student #1: "Lucas,  Mr. Choi wants to talk to you" Lucas looked at his classmate and asked

Lucas: "Why?"

Student #1: "You didn't remember? all graduating students will be called by their homeroom teachers."

Lucas: "Ah...yeah...I forgot. Thanks for telling me"

Lucas is walking in the hallway, he is looking at his phone then suddenly a group of girls went to him. Lucas got surprised by the sudden appearance. 

Lucas: "Yes?"


The girl student who's hair styled up shyly looking at Lucas while the three girls trying to cheer her up.

Girl Student #1: "Lucas sunbae (senior)...I...just want...to give this baked cookies for you."


Lucas looked at the gift, and he thought what Mr. Kang told him before. Don't make other people have false hope by treating them half-heartedly. Lucas thought about it and he looked at the girl student.

Lucas: "I'm sorry, I can't accept it."

Girl Student #2: "Why? our friend baked it for you!"

Lucas: "I just can't. I'm sorry."

Girl Student #3: "It's just baked cookies sunbae, there's nothing wrong in accepting genuine gifts."

Lucas sighed and look at the girl students, he talked to them in a serious tone but in a respectful manner.

Lucas: "I'm sorry I have to decline to accept your gift, though I appreciate you baked it by yourself but what if your lover saw a gift from someone? knowing they baked it personally for others. Your lover might get the wrong idea."

Girl Student #2: "Sunbae (senior) do you mean...you already have a lover?!"

Lucas didn't mean to ask that question but he's also considering the fact that Jungwoo and he are boyfriends. Lucas nods his head confirming he already has a lover and the first girl who gave her the baked cookies, apologized to him and ran away while the two girls glared at Lucas as they followed their friend.

Lucas understood the glares but he thought that the girl shouldn't apologize because she didn't do anything wrong, it's him who's just being true. 

Lucas knocks into the door of their homeroom teacher. 

Mr. Choi: "How have you been Mr. Wong?"

Lucas: "I'm fine sir, thank you for asking me."
Mr. Choi is looking at the paper that Lucas passed before, Mr. Choi asked Lucas

Mr. Choi: "Based on your paper, you wrote that you haven't thought about what you want to do after graduation?"
Lucas nods his head 

Mr. Choi: "I want to ask you, Mr. Wong, why did you write this?"
Lucas thought for a while as silence gaps between them, and he took a deep breath

Lucas: "Honestly sir, I am afraid that I don't know what to write in that box, I have my own worries too. Whenever I see my classmates have their definite answers to that question, it makes me scared because I don't know exactly what I want. My dad asked me about it too, I thought about doing business like him but it doesn't really occur to me yet, my mom also asked me what if I try going to the industry as same as her but I thought I am not as talented as my mom or I'm not as good looking to be considered as a celebrity..."

Lucas looked at his homeroom teacher with sincere expressions

Lucas: "But that was before sir. During in the middle of the semester last junior year I met this person, that person likes reading and writing and he thought about doing it as a job, I thought at that time what if my hobbies could also be my passion and goal? but that person thought me that some things take slowly and experiencing them in a way is a process of growth. I haven't clearly know what will I do after I graduate but having a goal and knowing that I have dreams are enough for me right now. I may have no specific things to consider but I know I can find it"
Mr. Choi smiled at Lucas and he said

Mr. Choi: "You know what Mr. Wong, you used to be this gloomy kid who always in the office because of school fights and misunderstandings but you really changed a lot in a positive way. You talk very genuinely now that I am looking forward to seeing your goals and dreams achieve. I am rooting for you, Mr. Wong."

Lucas: "Thank you, sir!"

Lucas didn't remember that appointment is today but he's glad that he is able to talk to their homeroom teacher. Lucas has been occupied with his new discoveries to Jungwoo. When that incident happened, Lucas spent the night staring at the ceiling thinking if those things really happened or maybe it's just a dream. He keeps on looking at the paper where Jungwoo answered him, the penmanship is the same as Jungwoo. Weeks and months pass by without Jungwoo, Lucas been devastated knowing he loves someone who doesn't really exist in his sphere but that night as both feelings rekindled again, Lucas confirms that Jungwoo is indeed time traveling, he doesn't know yet the whole story but he will try again to communicate with Jungwoo.

As Lucas went home, he got welcome from his mom. Mrs. Wong put her hands into Lucas' cheek and give Lucas a smile.  Lucas and his mom spend dinner together,

Mrs. Wong: "How are you, darling? it's been a while since we eat dinner together"

Lucas: "I'm okay, I'm doing fine now mom. I'm glad that we are spending dinner together."


Mrs. Wong can't help too worried for her son since she saw Lucas in a state where he didn't eat and didn't even talk with anyone, when Lucas and her talked before, she saw for the first time how his son got heartbroken, she thought at that time that the only thing she can do at that time was liste to her son and if he reaches out to her, she will talk and she did.

Lucas: "How's dad?'

Mrs. Wong: "As usual, he's busy with overseas meetings, he's always been a hard worker and I appreciate that from your dad."

Lucas: "Yes...when I was a kid, I didn't understand why dad is not always at home, I thought that he doesn't like me as his son because I can't fulfill his expectations but when I get older and when I got to talk to him, I understand that he's a hard worker and he's doing this for us." Lucas let a soft smile and Mrs. Wong smiled back too.

After Lucas and Mrs. Wong ate dinner, Lucas went to his room and check his e-mails. Lucas saw a message a from Doyoung.

'Really? Wow! I can't believe you did it! I am happy for you. I am glad that you are able to communicate with him. It must be hard for you to do all things just to find ways. Jungwoo replying to you means he wants to see you too. It's up to you now, what things you would like to ask him...though honestly, these happenings are really surprising because I never thought it's possible, I never thought he somehow exists in a way we don't see him. I think researching things won't help anymore since you found an important thing and asking him is the only way to know the truth. I wish you the best Lucas, I am glad that I met you through Jungwoo. I guess Jungwoo is like a guide, he puzzle things to fit in to each other and make it a complete view though he is trying to guide the people that he cares about, Jungwoo might also be experiencing loneliness and regrets because to be able to make the people he cares happy, he sacrifice his own happiness. I hope you can make him happy because for sure he does like you too.'

Lucas appreciates the message that he received from Doyoung. Lucas thought that Doyoung is right, Jungwoo is sacrificing his own happiness because of time travel. Lucas noticed that Jungwoo somehow fixing things for the people he cares about. 


Lucas remember the day he met Jungwoo for the first time as Jungwoo help him from the group of kids who are trying to fight him, Jungwoo also helps Lucas to reconcile with his parents, Jungwoo helps Lucas to be a better person that he thought he can't. That hand that reached out to him before, he never knew that things around him will change in a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter