Chapter 01

A Boy Who Never
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love is like the wild rose-briar, 
Friendship like the holly-tree— 
The holly is dark when the rose-briar blooms 
But which will bloom most constantly?
 

EMILY BRONTË

 

 

At Nam Arts High School, students gathered outside of the building. Teachers were guiding their class. About 20 sections from different year levels gathered. The symposium was ready, an important announcement will reveal. Teachers and their class, make sure that all of their students were already in there. Then at section 3-B, a teacher was shouting for attention.

"Wong Yukhei!" still no response from the line then the teacher called his name once more and said "Lucas!"

At the school's rooftop, Lucas was just lying on a bench while his eyes closed and been listening to music then suddenly his phone rang. He took his phone from his pocket and read a message from his classmate

"You need to go down now! We're all lining up in here. The teacher is already getting mad" then Lucas closed his phone and he stood up from the bench. He stretched his arms and took off his headset. He seems annoyed that his sleep had been disturbed by the usual school matters.

The students already lined up as well as Lucas, while the principal was having his announcements, Lucas just looks from afar blankly and doesn't seem care to it. When suddenly, the principal said "Most of all...the new department was provided by none other than Mr. and Mrs. Wong..." and everyone from Lucas line as well as from his left and right side, clap their hands. Lucas seems irritated because he's been involving to things he doesn't want to. Lucas wasn't pleased and he just looks down.

Inside the classroom, everyone has their own business and have their own peers, Lucas without anyone to talk to always decided to sleep or often decided to listen to his music player. Then suddenly, a group of boys went to his seat and kick his chair. While Lucas rested into his seat, he looked who it was. The boy physique is a bit taller than him and seems buff then the boy sarcastically said "Hey, aren't you just a superstar here in our school, your name is always on our weekly announcements, plus you already uphold in this school, by building a new department, WOW!" and

Lucas said "If you're just making fun of me, can you just please get out of my sight" The boy seems offended to what Lucas said to him and said

Boy #1: "Since you came here and with all these presents came to our school with your name on it, irritates me since then. It wasn't just me who think about this!"

Lucas stood up but the boy stops him by pushing him to the corner, all of the students were disturbed by the noise. Lucas stood up and fix his uniform, he walked towards to the boy who pushed him and said

Lucas: "If you want to fight with me, meet me later, you're just making a fuss here." Then he walked out from the room.

When Lucas came for the first time in Nam Arts High, everyone in his school made a buzz of him since he is a son of a well-known businessman and a veteran actress, his first year did well, but when he started his sophomore year, everything changed. He got bullied and doesn't have company to go with. That's why Lucas seems doesn't care about much of a hype about him, because he's already used to it. Lucas became cold towards to other people since then and even at home, he doesn't see his parents often. Even though Lucas wants to transfer to a new school, he can't because of his dad.

After class, all students gathered outside, they all formed into a circle, Lucas and the boy who confronted him was in the middle. The boy took off his jacket and looked at Lucas with immense. The boy threw a punch and Lucas able to block it off. The fight went long when suddenly a faculty member saw the happening. All of the students ran off as well as Lucas and the boy who had he confronted with. The boy glared at Sehun and ran off. Lucas took his bag and ran as possible as he can. Lucas doesn't care anymore if the faculty caught him in the fight or even call his parents for that matter, he lives a rebellious life since after his freshman year.

Lucas came home, and his personal butler noticed him and said: "Sir, what have you done again?" Lucas just threw his bag to his butler and said

Lucas: "Don't mind me, it's my own matter." Then he went straightly to his room upstairs.

Lucas was lying on his bed, staring at the ceiling. Sometimes he asked himself why he does all these things like a routine. As if he became bored all of a sudden. He closed his eyes, then he recalled the day when he first moved to his school.

// F L A S H B A C K //

It was raining when Lucas came to his first day of school. Lucas' butler helps him to open the car's door. He's been cheerful since then and he was excited to attend his first class. Lucas has been home studying since his elementary years that's why he has this kind of delights. When Lucas was walking to his room. A boy bumped into him, and Lucas fell from the ground. Lucas felt hurt a bit since his foot has been stepped on then the boy went to him and said "Sorry! I didn't mean to...I'm already late to my class" but the boy still offer his hand to help him. Lucas catches his hand and stood up but the boy hurriedly said "I have to go now! I'm sorry again!" Lucas didn't have a chance to say that he was fine and he didn't see the boy's face, he just knew that the boy's eyes were covered by his bangs that you can't see his face properly.

When Lucas finally came to his room. Everyone was introducing himself. It's already Lucas' turn and suddenly his teacher was complimenting him. And the teacher said,

Teacher: "Everyone, we have here a new classmate in your class, Wong Yukhei..."

Everyone in the class was noisy and talking to each other about him. Honestly, Lucas didn't know what to feel about it when people talked about him but he was used to it since his mother always bring him to red carpets and interviews as an actress. When Lucas finally introduced himself

Lucas: "Hi! I am Wong Yukhei but you can call me Lucas, I just transferred in here and this is my first time in this school. I hope to make friends as well as to learn from this institution. Thank you, everyone!" Lucas' classmates clap their hands and Lucas sat down.

After a couple of subjects. All of his classmates went to him and asking him about what is like having a mother as an actress. They also asked how's his life. After a couple of subjects, Lucas decided to eat lunch with some of his classmates while they were walking. Lucas no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter