Chapter 10

A Boy Who Never
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been two weeks since Lucas went to school. Lucas' homeroom teacher and some of his friends at school called at their home to check if he's okay. Mrs. Wong, who is busy with her filming tried to make time with Lucas. 

On the phone, Mrs. Wong is talking to Mr. Wong who's at abroad for work.

Mr. Wong: "How is he?"

Mrs. Wong: "I guess he's fine unlike last week, he didn't even eat a whole meal. I always knocked on his room, he gave me a short response. I want to talk with our son about the problem but it seems he's not yet ready."

Mr. Wong: "Have you talk to his friends?"

Mrs. Wong: "Yes, I did but it seems I still haven't heard anything that bothers Lucas, they just said to me that he's been doing fine lately, participating at class and with his soccer team."

Mr. Wong: "Okay...I have to go now. Call me if there's anything."

Mrs. Wong: "Take care!"

Mr. and Mrs. Wong are worried about Lucas but at the same time they are giving Lucas his privacy time and maybe in the coming days he will be able to share it with them. Mrs. Wong also thought that she won't hesitate to barge into his room if it's really needed by the help of Lucas' personal butler, Mr. Kang.

Mrs. Wong asked Mr. Kang what Lucas has been in to lately. Mr. Kang remembered that he promised to Lucas that he won't say to Lucas' parents about him going to somewhere after class though Lucas didn't specifically mention where he goes but the fact that he always goes out after class might explain something to what is happening to Lucas. 

Mr. Kang: "I have nothing to say about Mrs. Wong. I only take Sir Lucas at school and at home, if ever he has other things to buy I also drive him."

Mrs. Wong: "Uhmm...I remember what Lucas said to us before. He has this friend that he considered special...he also talk about his love life to me somewhat asking for advice...I wonder if that's the reason. If it's about his love life, I don't want to meddle...do you think he's experiencing heartbreak?"

Mr. Kang thought that maybe he is, he remembered how happy Lucas after class and going somewhere, whenever he looks at the rear view of the mirror, Lucas always have that ease and smile at his face but he hasn't seen that person.

Inside Lucas' room, lights were off, only the windows that lighten up the room. Lucas who is sitting on the floor, gazing at the window, looking at the birds flying. 

Since the day he met Kun and told him about the boy in an abandoned place doesn't exist, Lucas felt surprised and didn't know what to say. He went to the 'noon castle' after that but he didn't see Jungwoo. Lucas thought that Jungwoo didn't miss going to the 'noon castle', he's always there every afternoon. Lucas looked around the place but he wasn't there. Lucas looked at his phone and it's already Friday, 5:30 PM. Someone is knocking into Lucas' room and it's his mother.

Mrs. Wong: "Are you hungry? I bring some food with me. Can you open the door please?" 

Lucas stood up and face the door

Lucas: "I'm not hungry mom, thank you for the food."

Mrs. Wong who isn't the other side of the door tries to talk again to Lucas and he's hoping Lucas could open the door."

Mrs. Wong: "Lucas, do you want to talk about it? A lot of your classmates and from school are worried about you... we are worried. Do you want to share it with me?" You can talk to me." 

Lucas: "I'm sorry mom...I just can't talk about it now..."

Mrs. Wong: "If there's something you feel dismayed, could be a heartbreak and the pain from it. I want you to know that you shouldn't stop from that, there will be new blooming flowers to look at, that pain and that memory might linger but there will always be a new day and it will be good. There might be things you won't understand but I hope you know that you're not alone, there will be people willing to listen and understand you." 

Lucas felt the words of his mother that he tears up. Lucas thought that he's been selfish for the past few weeks, that he isolated himself to outside. Lucas opens the door of his room and Mrs. Wong has this caring expression to his son and he hugs him and wipes his tears. Lucas became a child in the arms of his mother, trying to sob away his upset feelings that he's been keeping since Jungwoo's disappearance. Mrs. Wong and Lucas sat in the living room, Mrs. Wong let Lucas calm and he gave him a glass of water to drink. 

Mrs. Wong: "Are you alright now?"

Lucas with puffy and swollen eyes as he drinks his water assured his mother that he's fine.

Lucas: "Sorry mom, I've been selfish for keeping things. I have calmed down now. Thank you!"

Mrs. Wong: "Do you want to talk about it? I'll promise I won't tell your dad. The things that you will say to me will only keep us. I promise." Mrs. Wong showed a soft smile to his son

Lucas: "I...don't know how to start, things might be a little off..."

Mrs. Wong: "What do you feel about it?"

Lucas: "I felt like my heart got broken into pieces...if it's real or not..."

Mrs. Wong holds Lucas' hand and she embraced him again as she taps Lucas' shoulder.

Mrs. Wong: "I may not know the whole story but I hope you don't give up...I know you will find ways to fix this. Being heartbroken, it doesn't stop there, you have to keep walking the pathway of thorns to be able to see that light again. If you're ready to talk about it, I am willing to listen."

Lucas: "Thank you mom, I really appreciate it."

That night, Lucas thought that his mom is right, he's been selfish for the past few weeks; he has to find the answers, he needs to get up, he needs to look for Jungwoo. There might be answers that he wants to hear and answers that might break him down again but be doing something rather than nothing is a big difference. He's moving again because Lucas' loves Jungwoo. Lucas thought that he must talk with Kun again.

It's a new week and Luca decided to attend school again, friends and teammates welcomes him again and asking him what happened to him. Lucas only has shy smiles and short answers for them. Lucas asked his classmates if they have met the new intern in school and they said that he's teaching literature in another section. Lucas hasn't been in the mood to study for the day but he's been thinking about wanting to talk with Kun, that's why he waited for Kun outside of the school. Lucas talked to his personal butler, Mr. Kang that he will be late at school so that he is able to talk with Kun.

When Kun finally appears outside the school building, he saw Lucas. Lucas goes near to him and has thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter