Chapter 2 : "Thank You"

We Are Connected - First Story

“Hoaaaahm ...” Young Min yawned and stretched his hands after a really long , tiring 5 hour class .  “I’m hungry ... Kwang Min , let’s get some food .” “Okay . wait up .” Young Min waits for his younger brother and walks away from class toghether after Kwang Min finished cleaning up .

Na Eun , the transfer student sit on her seat quietly . She’s looking around the class , and want to try to socialize with the other girls . But she’s a little bit scared because there’s a lot of male students keeping an eye on her because of her beauty . I... I just go to the canteen , then .. but .. but .. She thought while looking around without standing from her seat and finally a girl come to her and asks her a question . “You’re the transfer student , right ? Na .. Eun ?” . Na Eun nodded . “My Name is Nam Joo . Kim Nam Joo .” they shaking hands and Nam Joo says that she’s hungry . Na Eun feels so grateful and they walk to the canteen together .

When the two girls arrived at the canteen , Nam Joo explains all of the part of the cantin so Na Eun won’t get confused . “You’re so friendly ..” Said Na Eun with a shy smile “It’s okay . You’re new here , anyway . Oh , what dou you want to eat ?” Nam Joo checked her blazer pocket and found 10000 won “Okay .” “Eh ? I’ll just gonna see the menu and decide later ..” Na Eun answered .

After a long line and the two girls already got their food , They walk together with food on their hands . Na Eun looked down because she’s carrying a soup and didn’t look the way front . Without realizing it , she and Nam Joo headed to a different direction .

“Let’s just eat here , okay Na Eun ?” Nam Joo turns her back and she’s really surprised Na Eun isn’t there anymore . “Oh No .. she may gets lost ...”

“WATCH WHERE YOU’RE GOING !”

The whole students in the canteen including Nam Joo turn around and see why there’s a really loud voice in the middle of the break time . No mistakes , It’s Young Min . He yelled in front of a girl , which is really familiar girl to Nam Joo . It’s Na Eun . This is bad .. this is really , really bad ... She thought , while she walks toward the twins and Na Eun .

On the other side , Na Eun is trembling with fear . Her soup all poured to Young Min and ruined his uniform . She didn’t know this would happen . “I’m sorry .. i-it was an accident ..” She said gently , while she bite her lower lip because she’s just about to cry . “You MORON !! You have a normal pair of eyes , but you can’t even see me who’s standing right in front of you ?!” the blonde boy yelled . He grabs Kwang Min’s soup from his leftovers and pour it right on Na Eun’s face . “Eat that , stupid girl .” . All of the students in the canteen were frightened . They exchage glance each other .

“Young Min ... that was ...” Kwang Min’s eyes widened while he sees Na Eun crying quietly . “You’re crying ? what a pain !” said Young Min loudly and he slaps Na Eun right on her left cheek while he smirked . “WHAT THE – FOR GOD’S SAKE , YOUNG MIN !! You slapped her !! Stop it !! Can’t you see she’s crying right now ?!” Kwang Min yelled . Young Min ignores his brother’s anger and raises his right hand to slap Na Eun once again . Thankfully , Nam Joo appeared and standing in front of Na Eun with a protective pose . “Slap me if you want to slap her .” said Nam Joo with cold eyes . Without hesitaion , Young Min slap her , but this time it’s harder . “You piece of , how dare you get in my way ?” Young Min’s not holding back this time . He’s really angry . Nam Joo who doesn’t want to accpet that kind of ‘treatment’ roughly slapped Young Min back as hard as she could . “You’re the , Jo Young Min . How dare you hurt a really beautiful and weak girl with a smirk on your face .” said Nam Joo with even colder eyes . The canteen were all quiet . Nobody dare to let out a word , even the seniors . Kwang Min widened his eyes while he stared at Nam Joo . This is Young Min’s first time ever to be slapped by a girl .. he thought . “WHY , YOU –“ Young Min raised his right hand , getting ready to punch Nam Joo but Kwang Min suddenly holds his wrist . “That’s enough , bro ..”

“Tch.”

Young Min leaving the canteen with anger . “Sorry about that ...” Kwang Min apologized while he stared at Young Min leaving the canteen . “You’re okay ?” he asked Na Eun but Na Eun’s not answering . At least she stopped crying .. he thought . “Let’s go to the health room .” Kwang Min puts his leftovers on the closest table then grabs Na Eun’s wrist and get her out of the canteen . “Nam Joo !” Na Eun yelled , and Kwang Min stop walking “P-please come with ... me and ... him ...” . Nam Joo thinks for a second and shook her head . “I want to eat my food . Sorry . I’ll catch up later .”But Na Eun looks desperately worried . “Promise . Don’t worry about it .” glad to hear Nam Joo’s words , Na Eun finally leaving with Kwang Min and head to the health room .

The health room is totally empty . The staffs were not there . Kwang Min told Na Eun to sit on the corner of the bed . “Towel .. towel ..” He’s looking over the drawer and pass a towel to Na Eun . She stares at the towel for a second and take it . Kwang Min staring at Na Eun who just quietly looking down while she holds the towel . “Rub it on your face .. it’s really wet and smells like a chicken soup .”. Na Eun nods and do what he told her to do . “You’re so weak ... but that’s just how girls are , eh ?” Kwang Min walks closer to Na Eun and take a sit beside her . Na Eun moves away from him and rubs her uniform with the towel . “I’m sorry if I make you scared or something ...” Kwang Min stares at the introvert , shy girl . Na Eun shook her head . “No , You’re not ... I think you’re such a good person ..” . “Glad to hear that ...” Kwang Min sighed . “It’s almost the time to attending class . I’ll go ahead to the class . You can wait here alone , right ?” said Kwang Min while he looking at his wristwatch . Na Eun nodded and give the towel back to Kwang Min . “Why are you giving this to me ?” Kwang Min takes the towel with confused look . “Because .. you’re the one who gave that towel to me ..” Na Eun answered with nervousness drawned in her face .

Young Min waited for about 15 minutes and Kwang Min finally entering the classroom . “What took you so long ...?” He stared at the anime prince with narrowed eyes . Kwang Min ignores his question and calmly sit on his seat . “Don’t tell me you taking care of that stupid girl ...” Young Min continued and Kwang Min nodded . “Aigo , Kwang Min ...” he looked away to the seat beside him . There’s a schoolbag on the desk . “Who’s sitting here ? It used to be empty ..”. “Aigo , Young Min ...” Kwang Min seems irritated . “You already forgot ? It’s Son Na Eun’s .. the “stupid girl” to be exact .” Young Min tuned his back and scratch his head . “Oh .... I really need to get rid of that ‘sleeping during the whole class’ habit ...”. Kwang Min laughed . “Are you feeling guilty ? you used to be a gentleman in middle school ..” . “Shut Up !! I’m a high schooler now .” said Young Min with full of proud .

“Oh it’s her ... with Nam Joo .” Kwang Min points the two girls who just entering the class . “Who cares ...” Young Min mumbled with his nonchalant yet adorable face .

“Are you sure you want to sit there ?” Nam Joo comforted the shy girl and the shy girl nodded . “It’s okay .. I already forgive him . It’s okay ...” . “Be careful ... he’s so bad - tempered . Better don’t talk with him . I’m so surprised the twins are so popular along sunbaenims (seniors) ... But I’m pretty sure Kwang Min is kinda easygoing , even though he can be more irritating than Young Min sometimes ..” the boyish girl continued .

The bell rings and the students finally entering their own classes . A heavy atmosphere created while Na Eun sit beside Young Min who turn his back on her . She keeps on looking at the whiteboard , and then to Nam Joo’s seat . “Stand up . Greeting .” A male teacher entering the class . He looks so sleepy . “Good Afternoon , sir .” the sleepy teacher didn’t answer the greeting and start to write down the material on the whiteboard . The Shy girl looks around while she writes down the material in her notebook . The students seem so happy and relaxed . Carefully , she turns her head to the left and she sees Young Min and Kwang Min pay attention focusly to the teacher . Young Min turns his head to the right and they have an eye contact , just for a second because both are look away to the other direction as they cacth their eyes each other .

What was that about ... come to think of it , she really is good looking .. no wonder why ... argh , wait , Young Min !! focus on the teacher !! pay attention !! don’t get sleepy !! No matter how hard he tries , Young Min keeps on focus to another thing , from food to girls . WAIT , WHY GIRLS ALL OF THE SUDDEN ?!!  he teared a sheet of paper from his notebook and started to wrote down something with his pen . After he finished , he flipped the paper as small as possible and hold it tightly .Maybe this is the reason why ... well , I am an introvert boy , allright ...

“I can’t believe him ! he’s sleeping , Mr. Park really sleeping !!” Kwang Min yelled at Young Min with a bright expression . “Teachers these days sure ARE weird ...” continued the surprised Young Min . “What’s that inside your hand ?” Kwang Min grabs his elder brother’s wrist and take the flipped paper roughly . “What the – hey !!” Young Min tried to take it back , but Kwang Min already opened it . Kwang Min laughed when he sees his elder brother’s little ‘note’ :

TO : Son Na Eun

I’m sorry.

 -Jo Young Min-

“You never change since middle school ! I Knew it ! you just don’t wanna show your real character , eh Young Min ?!”  . “Not really , STILL !! s-she’s annoying ...” Young Min harshly take the paper from Kwang Min . Kwang Min widened his eyes “Is that an excuse ... you’re so bad at making excuses ..”

“H-hey ...” Young Min whispered to the shy girl beside her and pass the paper to her “take it.” . The shy girl looks scared . Is that a letter of ... threat ..?! she thought while she took the paper with sweaty hand . She slowly open the paper and read it . After she reads it , she turns her head to her right side and Young Min whispered at her “Reply ASAP !” , so she start to write something down to reply the massage . After she finished , she gave the paper back to Young Min and Young Min opens the paper :

TO : Jo Young Min

It’s okay . I’m fine now .

-Son Na Eun- 

“What did she said ??” Kwang Min appeared out of nowhere and surprised the blonde boy . “Read it yourself ..” The blonde boy throws the paper to Kwang Min and Kwang Min takes it while he back to his seat and start to read . “Good . Walk her home after school .” Kwang Min smiled at the blonde boy . “The hell with that , you force me to date her ?!” the blonde boy grit his teeth . “Don’t take it seriously .. I was just kidding ~” Kwang Min changes his expression all of the sudden .

-After School-

“Hm ?  you want to walk together to home ? I’m sorry ... I can’t ! I have club meeting today . I’m terribly sorry !! I mean it !” said Nam Joo while she packs her stuff to her schoolbag . “Okay , I’ll just go home alone , then .” Na Eun wave her hand and leave the class .

“Hey , fairy girl !!” Three female seniors stopped Na Eun right at the entrance of the school . “Come with us . We want to talk .” . “Can’t we just talk here ... Sunbaenim ?” She looked away , avoiding eye contact . “No , can’t do . To the rooftop . Now .”

The three seniors took Na Eun to the rooftop while they hold their anger , and finally released all of their anger at Na Eun once they arrived at the free rooftop . Seems like nobody’s around . “I saw you on the breaktime . How dare you poured your soup to Young Min’s uniform ?!” Na Eun take a step backward . “I ... I’m so sorry , sunbaenim .. i-it was an accident ... we were bumped ..” not statisfied yet , the other senior pushed her harshly and yelled at her so she fell to the ground “AND HOW CAN KWANG MIN HOLDS YOUR HAND AND TAKE YOU TO THE HEALTH ROOM ?!” the shy giri cries and try to not looking up . “I-I don’t know , sunbaenim .. he’s the one who grabbed me all of the sudden and ..”

Before she finished her talk , the three seniors pour a whole bucket of cold water to Na Eun .“Young Min’s right . Eat that , stupid girl .” they laughed to the wet , crying shy girl . why .. the same thing happened to me , even if I already transferred ..I thought ... everything’s going to be different .. but it’s all the same ... I always ended up being like this everytime I move to another school ..

“Well ... well ... what do we find here , Kwang Min ..?” an unfamiliar voice heard from nowhere . The three seniors turn their back and they see Young Min and Kwang Min stare at them with a death glare . “Bullying , right .. Young Min ?”

“I guess you remember those three idiots , right , Kwang Min ..?” Young Min continued . “Of course .. those trashes that we have no interest at . They call themself a lady , but actually they’re just garbages .They can’t even behave right . Piece of .” Kwang Min answered .

“We ... we’re .. we’re sorry !! we’re leaving now !!” finally , the three seniors leaving the rooftop , let Na Eun and the twins alone .

“You’re okay ?! they hurt you or something ?!” Kwang Min runs to Na Eun and kneel in front of her . Na Eun keeps on shuts while she looking at the ground and crying . “Answer me !! you’re okay or not ?!” He shooks her shoulder and Na Eun finally lift her head and nodded . “Fine . let’s go home , Kwang Min .” Young Min calmly walks away . “Are you sure you wanna go home , Young Min...?” Kwang Min stared at his elder brother . “Not really ..” Young Min answered and take his blazer off then throw it to Na Eun without even looking at her . “Wear it . Return it to me tomorrow .” “No , I’m fine ... I can go home like this ...” she lift his blazer to Young Min’s wide back . Young Min sighs  and take his blazer back . “Can you take your blazer off , Na Eun ?” Kwang Min gently talks to her . “What’re you planning to do ..?” Young Min who has wear his blazer again turns around and cross his legs beside his younger brother . Na Eun avoiding eye contact again with Kwang Min while she worried about what will happen to her next . “I won’t do anything bad . Trust me . Now , open it up .”Na Eun still don’t do any action , so Kwang Min gives up and hands over a jacket from his schoolbag to Na Eun . “I want you to wear this , so open up .”

“Stop force her to do such action !! you sounds like a ert !” Young Min takes the jacket from Kwang Min’s hand and covers Na Eun’s shoulder with the jacket . “There , all done . let’s go home .” “Wait , how did you guys ended up here ..?” Na Eun holds the jacket and she talks nervously . “How ? we used to sleep here after school . It’s really calm , you know . But we heard a noise so we better just go home and sleep there .” Young Min scratches his head while he and Kwang Min stand up and walk away then left her alone in the rooftop . “Thank you ....” Na Eun whispered all by herself and smiles gently while she takes her blazer off and put Kwang Min’s jacket on .

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comment and suggestion for some inspiration , thx :)