Chapter 6 : Cooking class !

We Are Connected - First Story

“I’m off to school !!” Min Woo gently closed his house’s front door and walks outside . Let’s stop by to Ha Young’s place first ..

“BOO !” Ha Young suddenly appears from Min Woo’s house’s front gate . “WAAH ! you surprised me , Ha Young ..” Min Woo his chest . “I win !! I’m up earlier this morning !!” Ha Young bounced like an elementary school student . “Okay , you won . But I won’t lose at running till we arrived at our school !! HUAHAHAHAHA !!” Min Woo ran and Ha Young goes after him . “Oppa you cheater !! Kyaaaa !!!”

The two kids run and bounced up like a happy little kids . The housewifes that watch them start gossiping and chuckling like they just watch a showbiz on TV .

“Those kids are so cute .”

“I know , they’re friends since they’re little !”

“Really ? How did you know ?”

“I’ve been here for a long time ! I often see them playing around like that when they still little kids . I’m a good friend of their mother , too .”

“Oppa , Oppa ! I’m tired !! no more running !!” Ha Young stopped and also Min Woo “You tired already ? Okay , it means I’m the winner since you gave up ! Kekeke.” . Ha Young stood up and linked her fingers to Min Woo’s fingers “Let’s walk together like usual ... aigo , this is so tiring .” . Min Woo smiled “Okay .” . For some reason , Min Woo felt something unusual when they link their fingers . Why do I feel weird all of the sudden ... and my heart beats a little faster ... It feels like this is the first time we link our fingers like this ...

“Ha Young , I want to ask you something .”

“Yeah ? what is it ?”

“Does your heart beats faster when we linked fingers ?”

“No , not at all . Why should I feel nervous if I already used to it ? We used to walk with our fingers linked since kindergarten .”

“Oh , I get it !! so this feeling is called ‘nervousness’ , then ?!”

“Hm ? what’s wrong ?”

“See , Ha Young . I don’t know why my heart beats faster just then . I must be nervous ! I should get rid of that ‘nervous’ thing so we can be best friends forever and linking fingers as usual !”

“I see . You right ! Oppa can’t leave me !! Oppa have to be my best friend forever !”

“High five !”

“Yayy !”

“Ne .. Ha Young . You’ll graduate from middle school soon . Have you thinking about which high school you want to be in ?”

“I want to be in Seoul arts high school because singing and dancing is my only talent .. but If I do that I’ll have to move .. what do you think , Oppa ?”

“Just do what you think is right ! Jigu and Seoul is not that far , after all ! you don’t have to move , just use the train .. if you want .” Min Woo stopped talking and thinks for a second . Ha Young moves ..   

“Eh ? I have to wake up early , then ...” Ha Young scratches her head . “Nah , I’ll stay here in jigu ! I already had a lots of friends here , I don’t want to leave them .”

“Sign up for my school , then !”

“I’ll think about it . Your school is also school for superior students , I wonder if I can keep up there .”

“Of course you can ~ If I can , you have to sure you can too !”

“Yep , I guess . The entrance exam is ..?”

“March 3rd , the day after the psychotest .”

“FIGHTING !!!!!!”

“W-why yelling all of the sudden ?!”

-In front of the school gate-

“Bye bye , Oppa !” Ha Young waved her hand and continue to walks . “Be careful .” Min Woo waves back and enter the school gate .

“OI ~~!! No-Min-Woo ~~!!” Kwang Min yelled from distance and jumped to his shoulders followed by Young Min . “Heavy ... I’m going to die !!!!!!!” Min Woo struggled to let the twins go . “SMACK DOWN !! HAHAHAHA !!” the twins suddenly let Min Woo go and push him on his back . “You psycho twins ! what makes you so hyped up today ?! You guys were fighting yesterday !” the twins exchanging glances and answer Min Woo’s question toghether “Nothing . Just a good mood in the morning .”. “you want to walk together to the class ?” Min Woo asked . “Hell no .” Young Min answered “We just wanna surprise you .” Kwang Min continued and the twins left him .

After a few steps he entering the school gate he accidentally meet Na Eun in the school front field .

“Eung ... do you know me ?” Min Woo awkwardly asked Na Eun while they walk toghether .

“Eh ? ... eung ... you’re the one who asked me to walk with you , but you don’t know who I am ?” Na Eun answered shyly .

“Where should I start ... Oh yeah . I’m one of the staff in the health room yesterday . I guess you already forgot about me . heheh .”

“......................Oh ! I remember you . You standing beside Kwang Min yesterday .”

“Thank god , you remember me ! my name is No Min Woo from class 1-C .”

“My name is Son Na Eun from class 1-B . I’m a newbie ..”

“I already know about you since the day you transferred ! all of the boys in the class were talking about you . erts ...”

“Oh , I see.”

“Ne ...... but I never see you in person though .. yesterday was the first time . You’re so tall , I’m jealous ..”

“Na Eun !” Nam Joo suddenly appeared beside Na Eun and stares at Min Woo curiously “Who are you ?”

“Even your friend is also tall !! wait , you don’t remember me ? my face ?” Min Woo answered .

“......................Are you the staff for health room I saw tomorrow ?”

“Yeah ! my name is No Min Woo from 1-C .”

“Oh , hi ! I’m Kim Nam Joo from 1-B .”

The three finally talk together naturally and walk together to their own classroom .

“Young Min , Na Eun’s here .” Kwang Min whispered to Young Min’s ear secretly . “Aigo ~~ mosquitos just flyed in front of my ear ~~” Young Min pulled Kwang Min’s head away while he yelled . “I was just trying to help . Ignore me and you’ll regret it forever .” Kwang Min moved to his seat . “Who cares , anyway ?” Young Min mumbled . “I heard that !” Kwang Min threw his pen away and the pen hits Young Min right on his forehead . “Babo , come here if you want to fight !!” the they finally ended up throwing their stationery each other .

“What are those idiots doing ..” Nam Joo widened her eyes once she sees the fighting twins . “Hahaha . they’re fighting using stationery . How funny !” Na Eun laughed in her seat and all of the boys in the class except the twins turn thier head to the adorable laughing Na Eun .”Ouch !” a pen just hit Na Eun’s forehead . “Young Min did it .” Kwang Min start to teased the blonde boy . “WHAT ?! IT’S NOT COMING FROM ME , IT’S COMING FROM YOUR DIRECTION !” the blonde boy yelled . “But it’s your pen .” Kwang Min answered innocently . “It’s okay . it doesn’t hurt . Here , this is your pen , right Young Min ?” Na Eun gave the pen back to Young Min and Young Min takes it without saying anything . “You stopped fighting already ?” Nam Joo widened her eyes at the twins . “Yeah . This is because Young Min is so stupid .” Kwang Min answered . “Who are you calling stupid ...” Young Min looked away from Kwang Min .

-Class 1-C-

“Yah Min Woo , I saw you walked together to school with a really beautiful middle school girl , who’s that girl ?” “Beautiful ? well , everyone said she’s beautiful .. she’s my childhood friend ... and my neighbour .” Min Woo answered while he read some books . “I saw you linked fingers with her too ! is she your GIRLFRIEND ~?” “...yeah.” Min Woo nodded . “Congratulations !! you finally got a girlfriend !!” “What’s wrong with you guys ..? isn’t it normal to have a girlfriend ?” Min Woo stopped his reading . “Not for you because you’re too innocent to have a girlfriend !” “What’re you guys talking about ? ... If I have a girlfriend it means I have a friend with female gender , right ?” Min Woo continued and all of the boys that talked to him almost fall from their seat .

“W-well ... let us tell you the truth , Min Woo ...”

-Class 1-B-

“Everyone get change and get ready for P.E class , please !” the class leader yelled . All of the boys in the class going crazy overjoy while the girls being all silent except Nam Joo and other girls that good at sports .

“Eh .. Nam Joo , you’re so happy . You must be really good at sports .” Na Eun talks while she takes her sport uniform out of her schoolbag . “Not really , but I like to move ! Na Eun , you’re from arts school , right ? aren’t you learn some dance too ?” Nam Joo asked with bright expression on her face . “I’m not attending dancing class that much .. but I really love to attending acting class and painting class .” Na Eun answered with a humble smile . “Eh ? are the students there free to attending class anytime they want ?” “No , Our studying hour just like a regular school’s studying hour , it’s just .. in that time , you’re free to attend any class you want . Like , the first hour you attend the dancing class , and then the next hour you attend piano and vocal class , while your friend attends violin class for the first hour and traditional art class for the second hour .” Na Eun sighed after her long time talk and Nam Joo nodded . “Do you get the point what I’m talking about ?” “Yes , don’t worry about it ! I fully understand !!”

“All of the boys get out of the class , right now !!” the class leader yelled and the all of the boys finally out of the class to changing outfit in the restroom .

-After the boys finished changing-

“Why girls always take such a long time to changing outfit ..” One of the student bored of waiting in front of the classroom and overhearing the girls’ conversation inside the closed classroom by sticking his ears to the classroom’s door . After a few seconds , he blushed and told the other boys that the girls are talking about Na Eun’s waist size . Young Min and Kwang Min who also heard about this tries to hold back (especially Young Min) while the other boys (even the class leader) overhearing the girls .

“Na Eun , you’re so slim ! how many inches ?”

“What are you talking about ..”

“Your waist size ! tell us !”

“The last time .. it’s around 20 inches ..”

“Kyaaa !!! what do you eat for your diet ?!”

“I’m so jealous !!!”

“20 inches ...” The boys started some wild imagination . The twins stared at their erted classmates with disgusted glare . “I want to kick their butts ...” Young Min clenching his fists . “Kick it , it’s wide-opened .” Kwang Min answered .

“Should we open the door ? everyone already finished , right ?”

All of the girls in the class nodded . Just before she touched the door’s handle , it suddenly opened itself and the boys that overheard them toppled to the floor .

“W-What’re you guys doing ?! try to peeking us !?”

“Oops , sorry . I accidentally kicked their butts and they toppled ..” Young Min calmly stepped on them and secretly steal a glance at Na Eun . “Let’s go to the field , Young Min .” Kwang Min kills the silence .  “With pleasure .” Young Min smirked and left .

“Did you see that ..?” Nam Joo talked to Na Eun . “See what ?” Na Eun clamly folds her uniform and put it on her table . “How Young Min steal a glance at you !”said Nam Joo with amazed expression . “Are you keeping an eye on him ? I don’t even know ..” Na Eun walks with her to go to the field . “I saw it unpurposedly , so ...” Nam Joo gave her a wide smile “Maybe he likes you !!” Na Eun sighs “No way ....” .

-Class 1-C-

Min Woo stared at the scenery he saw from the classroom’s window . So ... girlfriend is ... I never noticed .... and I often tell some people that Ha Young is my girlfriend ... actually what I meant is girl friend ... aigo ...

The snow became less than when it’s still snowing .. spring’s just around the corner .

“Ouch !”

“Pay attention . Or you won’t get to be second year student .” The teacher just threw a ball of paper to his head .

“S-Sorry .”

“Don’t just sit there , pick up that trash and put it in the trashbin !” continued the teacher while he points out the paperball .

“Yes , Sir .”

-Class 1-B in the school’s kitchen for cooking class , after P.E class ended-

“Class ! today we’re going to make dessert !” The youngest teacher in the school , Park Cho Rong starts the class with lovely feelings , make all of the students excited . “I want you to be in a group . 4 People in one group , and I want it to be 2 boys and 2 girls so you can share your duty equally !”

“Me , Young Min , Nam Joo and Na Eun will be in one group !!” Kwang Min raised his hand with burning spirit . At the same time , Young Min Na Eun and Nam Joo screamed in shock “WHAT ?!”

“Well I guess one group is already formed . Hurry up everyone , the spongecake can’t wait for a little longer !” Cho Rong clapped her hand and finally the students formed into eight groups .

“Hey Na Eun , are you a good cook ?” Kwang Min asks once they reached their counter  .

“No , not at all .. I’m sorry if I will disappoint you later ..” Na Eun bend down to the counter’s drawer and look for some aprons . “I bet Nam Joo is also a terrible cook .” Young Min goes on . “Well , take a look at yourself ..” Nam Joo threw the apron that she got from Na Eun roughly to Young Min’s face .

“Has everyone put your apron on ? Young Min , put your apron on !” Cho Rong pointed at him . “I’ll do it later , noona ..”

“Noona ..?” Na Eun gives Kwang Min and Nam Joo a curious look . “Yes , we call her noona . She’s only 20 !” answered Kwang Min happily . “Really ... my piano teacher is only 22 but she’s actually 2 years younger than him... and she’s really sweet , too !” Na Eun’s eyes blinged . “Hahahaha . you’re so cute .” Nam Joo laughed .

“Young Min , hurry up !! put your apron on !” Cho Rong crossed her arms .

“Allright , I’ll do it now ..” Young Min put his apron on with his nonchalant face .

“Have you guys got your recipe ? you can follow those steps . If you confused , just ask me and I’ll help you out . Happy cooking everyone ! Oh , you don’t have to warm up your oven because it already warmed up .”

“Are we allowed to cook now ?” Na Eun asked and the rest three members in her group nodded together . “Where’s the recipe ?” . “I got it right here .” Kwang Min waved a piece of paper he held in his right hand “The first step is ... crack 7 eggs .”

“Uh-oh ! eggs ...” Na Eun looks over the conuter’s drawer and took out 7 eggs carefully . Nam Joo cracks the egg one by one into a big bowl and she smells her fingers “Ugh , it stinks !”.”Of course ! have you ever cracked an egg before ? hahaha.” Kwang Min laughed “Young Min , you should help too .” . Young Min sit on the counter’s chair and falls asleep with his head located on the counter . “He slept ! I can’t believe him !” Nam Joo protested . “Just ignore him . Let’s find the mixer and mix the eggs till they expand !”

After they found the mixer , Kwang Min plugs the mixer’s cable to the counter’s adaptor and start to mix the eggs roughly so the eggs spurted everywhere little by little . “Kyaaa !!!” Nam Joo and Na Eun yelled because the eggs just hit her face . Even Young Min exploded because the eggs were also hit his face “You crazy , turn the mixer off !”. “Mi-Mian , mian ..” Kwang Min turns off the mixer and looked at his partners all messed up because of the spurted eggs .

“You’re all messed up ! Do you need some help ?” Cho Rong stopped by their counter . “Blame Kwang Min for all of this mess , noona .” Young Min answered . “We were all terrible cook ! can you help us till the baking step ?” Nam Joo apologized . “Of course !” Cho Rong gave them a warm smile and she finally helps them and keep on asks them to work together . Even Young Min is taking action and helps them . After a few minutes , the dough finally poured to the baking pan and ready to bake and they finally managed to make a beautiful vanilla spongcake .

“While you wait for the cake cooling down , you can make the whipped cream . You can take your whipped cream powder from your counter’s drawer .

“How do we make whipped cream ?” Na Eun simply asked .

“Just pour some cold water to the whipped cream powder and mix it with a whisk for around three minutes . If you want various colors , you can add a tiny little drop of food coloring. It’s already available inside the drawer’s counter too .” Cho Rong left .

“Whipped cream powder found !” Nam Joo raised a pack of whipped cream powder and hand it over to Kwang Min because he’s the one who holds the bowl and the whisk for the whipped cream .

“Can I ... add the water ?” Na Eun brings a big glass of cold water . “Sure , just pour it to the bowl . I already put the powder in ~~” Kwang Min dances all by himself . “What are you doing ?” Young Min stared at his dancing younger brother . “What ? I’m so happy ..” Kwang Min stopped . “Three .. two .. one ... mix it !!!” Nam Joo started a countdown and Kwang Min mixed the powder with the water with overexcited energy . “Ah , I’m tired .” Kwang Min stopped after 10 seconds . “ALREADY ?!” said Nam Joo and Young Min toghether . “I want to try it too !!” Na Eun goes on . “Okay , here !” Kwang Min handed over the bowl and the whisk to her and she starts mixing the water and the powder slowly like a turtle “It’s harder than I thought ... I don’t want to do it anymore .” Na Eun gave up . “Well , it’s fine . You’re weak , anyway .”said Nam Joo with a lovely voice . “You did the different treatment to me !!” Kwang Min yelled . “You guys are so lame ..” Young Min suddenly grabbed the bowl and mixes the powder with the water like a professional cook . Na Eun , Nam Joo and Kwang Min amazed while they stare at Young Min . “Keke .. let’s see how long he can keep up .” Kwang Min smirked . “YOU TRICKSTERS !!” Young Min yelled and he keeps on mixing the cream with the water together till the cream all done .

“Yaay ~~~” Na Eun , Nam Joo and Kwang Min clapped . “I want to taste it !” Nam Joo squeezed  the cream with her index finger and eat the cream . “I-Is it good ?” Na Eun gulped . Nam Joo didn’t answer while she squeezed the cream again and put the cream on Na Eun’s right cheek . “Waah !! my cheek .. creamed !” Na Eun wiped the cream off her cheek with her hand and she quickly squeezes the cream and put the cream on Nam Joo’s cheek . “Aaack !” Nam Joo yelled and another cream landed on her cheek . Kwang Min laughed and running away because he’s the one who did it . For revenge , she grabbed the cream’s bowl and run after Kwang Min . “Kwang Min , come here !! you’re the one who did the second attack , right ?! Stop running away !!”

The whole kitchen put their attention at the happy Nam Joo and Kwang Min . After Kwang Min finally gets hit by Nam Joo , everyone laugh (even Cho Rong) except Na Eun and Young Min .

“They ruining all of my efforts ..” Young Min mumled . “It’s okay to have fun some other time ...” Na Eun smiled . “Oh , a leftover ..” Young Min squeezed the cream’s leftover on Na Eun’s right cheek and eats it “Sweet ..” . Na Eun widened her eyes and blushed “I-I see .. t-the cream was a big success , then ...” she touched her right cheek and looks away from Young Min . My heart .. please stop beating fast like this .. what's happening to me ...

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WAAAAA !!! hehehe sorry . Anyways if you want to comment , please comment . If you want to subscribe , PLEASE SUBSCRIBE ! XD <3