Chapter 13 : Namjoo's side

We Are Connected - First Story

We’re from the same elementary school and the same junior high .

And we wnt to the same school .

Have you ever noticed that ?

I am nobody , but everyone loves you . Everyone likes you . You and I are , just like the earth and the sky . All I can do is , watching you from distance . Do you know that , when you talked to me as you smile , I feel like I’m the luckiest girl in the world ? I always wanted to let you know . And always wanted to tell you . Since the first time we met , I’ve been liking you for over two years ....

A bright and humble girl , lost in her thought . As she looking at the boy , she thought nervously . Maybe I should help him cooking ........

“Namjoo , can you help me grill these meats ?” Tha boy raised his hand .

“Oh , sure !” Namjoo walks away and come to Kwangmin . Well , that was fortunate . She said to herself .

“It’s a shame Naeun can’t come with us for the barbeque ...” Kwangmin smiled . Somehow , he has this ‘teasing glance’ over his twin brother ,Youngmin .

“Yeah , if only she’s not a crybaby and can stand up for herself ... haha.” Namjoo shrugged .

Youngmin left the two together and back with a salt shaker . He pours so many salt to the meat . on purpose .

“HEY HEY !! Eesh what the hell are you doing ?!” Kwangmin smacked Youngmin’s hand so that he would stop to make the meats covered by salt . After that , Youngmin left . “Getting all worked up over nothing !” he whispers to namjoo .

“Haha .” Namjoo let out a small chuckle .

“Can you clean these up ? I want to help my mum for a while .” he left right after his mum called him to help her serves some vegetables .

“Umm , alright .” she smiled and slowly cleaning the salt on the meats .

“Unni .” Hayoung jogged over to her . “Is there anything I can help you with ?”

“Can you help me with these oversalted meats ?” Namjoo answered

“Okay ! wait , this is too much !!”

“I’ve told you , didn’t I ? Don’t worry , I’m not asking you to eat those . Just .. clean it up .”

“Roger !”

“How’s Minwoo doing ?”

“Hmm .. he helps Hyunmin searching for his fireworks , or something .. I helped them out too , but I got bored so I decided to hel you instead .”

“Really ? Frieworks ?? wait , this is not a special party or anything , right ?”

“I don’t really know myself . Ahjumma is so kind . I really can’t refuse this offer because she insisted us to come ...”

“Oh , this one’s cooked already . taste it .” Namjoo lift one of the meats with her chopsticks . There’s already no salt on the top of it . Hayoung decided to try it .

“Eung ... well , it’s not that bad .... but I still can taste some .. salty flavour.” Hayoung’s eyes narrowed as she swallows the meat .

“I don’t care . No matter what happens to the meats , I’ll just going to blame Youngmin !” Namjoo pouted as she lift the rest of the meats .

“Umma !! I find them !! the fireworks !!” Hyunmin ran towards her mum .

“Great , we can play fireworks later !” she answered . “Look at those dusty hairs . You boys go clean up your hair , okay ?”

“Okay . thank you , Ahjumma.” Minwoo bowed a little and left with Hyunmin .

“Where do you exactly tell them the place to find the fireworks ?” Youngmin continued to tearing up the lettuce .

“Why , of course ... the attic .” His mum sighed .

“That explains it . WAIT WHAT ?! there’s so many childhood photos there ! ack !” Youngmin stood up and looks even taller .

“What’s the big deal ?” Kwangmin asked .

“DUH ! remember my photo while we were playing drama ‘Cinderella’ ? My role is  cinderella ! cinderella !!!” Youngmin tears up the lettuce even faster than before “The 6 years old me , wearing a wig and a white dress !”

“Aah , that ...” Said Kwangmin calmly . After a few seconds , he fell to the ground , almost died of laughing .

“Seriously , what is he laughing at ?” Namjoo looked at Kwangmin from distance with a weird looks on her face . She and Hayoung finally decided to deliver the meats to the twins’ mum .

“Ahjumma , here’s the meats.” Hayoung put two servings of meats on the table .

Kwangmin and his mum decided to taste a little .

“Well , this is ... fairly ... salty , isn’t it ?”

“Youngmin will take the blame .” Kwangmin ran away and hides behind Minwoo’s back who has just back from cleaning up his dusty hair and clothes .

“What’s going on here ? ... again ?” Minwoo gave Kwangmin a lazy look .

“Time to light some fireworks !! c’mon , c’mon !”Kwangmin dragged Minwoo to the other side of the house’s park . Hyunmin is following them with full of excitements and fireworks in his hands .

“Why don’t you girls come with them ? you too , Youngmin . I’ll take care the rest .” Said the twins’ mum merrily .

“Okay !” Hayoung bounced away happily , with Namjoo is following her .

“You’re not going ?” Asked the twins’ mum to Youngmin .

“Nah , I’ll be fine .” Youngmin left and went inside the house .

“What’s with that kid ? I already gave him a permission to dye his hair so he looks different with Kwangmin , yet his attitude’s became even more spoiled . But, why blond anyway ? Aish , whatever .”

--

I remember the time when I met that guy in front of a flower shop ....

He kept ringing the bell for .... maybe hundred times already . Curious , and somehow worried , I decided to ask him what’s going on . Then , we occasionally walk together to a park .

It was two years ago .

“What areyou actually trying to do back then ?? that flower shop is all closed !” said Namjoo .

“I have to find a flower shop , no matter what !!” thw boy answered .

“At THIS hour ?? it’s already 10 PM , give it a break !”

“But , it won’t be perfect without flowers ...”

“Huh ? what perfect ??”

“You see , I’m .... going to confess my feelings to a girl I like tomorrow , at our graduation day !”

Namjoo took a peek at his coat uniform . There’s his name on it . Lee Jeongmin .

“Seriously ? Why bother tell her if you’re not sure you’ll be accepted or not ?”

“It’s not about that ! at least , on the last day of school , she knows my feelings ... so at least , my feelings are not kept inside forever ... and being such a waste .” Jeongmin replied .

“Haaah ? A waste ?” Namjoo raised her eyebrows . A tiny snowflake is just about to land on her head .

“I don’t care if I got rejected because she seems like she hates me anyway , but at least I have the chance , that’s all .”

“I still don’t get it ...” Namjoo pouted .

“It’s hard to explain !! well , that’s it !” Jeongmin stood up and left as he mutters to himself .

Watching his figure gets further , Namjoo actually thought to herself . Don’t let it be a waste ....?

....I’ll show him . ... I don’t have to confess if I don’t want to , right ?

--

Somehow , I managed to be in the same school again with Kwangmin , despite my average score in the entrance exam . We even got together in the same class .

But nothing changes anyway . He still don’t notice me , no matter what I do . Even when I tried to talk to him , he avoids me .

And now , I can talk like this to him ...

Since Naeun transferred . Well , it’s only because of Yougmin ....

“Namjoo !” Kwangmin called her . His voice is raised a little . It seems like Kwangmin already called her for several times , but she didn’t hear his voice .

“Y-Yes ? I’m sorry , spacing out a little bit !” Namjoo smiled awkwardly .

“Here , You want to hold this fireworks ?” He gave him a small firework with a wood stick as its holder .

“Ah , sure !” Namjoo accepted the firework . As their hands touched occasionally each other , she blushed slightly . Yes , it’s a fact . She’s tired of dealing with her older brother’s attitude . She’s bright , humble , and tomboyish . But she’s actually very bashful in front of a boy she has crush on .

“Oh , Oh , the color changes !! green !” Kwangmin amazed at the firework .

“Y-Yeah !! cool , isn’t it ??” she answered bashfully .

.....Don’t let it be a waste

.....Don’t let it be a waste

.....Should I confess ?


It's been a while .

Please don't kill me for not updating this story for centuries orz