Confused

"KEY BABY"

Key's POV

I sat at the table with Minho beside me. Taemin and Jiyeon sat together on my right while Onew and Tiffany sat infront of me. Jonghyun sat on my left.

"Noona, I'll cut it for you." Taemin offered and started cutting Jiyeon's bacon for her.

A little needle started poking my heart, making me uncomfortable. I should do that for Jiyeon! I mean, I'm her oppa, not Taemin!

However, I didn't say anything.

"Tiffany, want some chicken?" Onew asked and pointed at his special serving of chicken.

I always prepared a small plate of chicken for him so he can eat it whenever he wants to.

"Nae. Kamsahamnida!" Noona said and ate a piece of chicken.

But....but....Onew hyung never shared his chicken! Or did he fall in love with Tiffany noona?!

That gave me an even more uncomfortable feeling than before.

"Key oppa, did Jiyeon made the food wrong? Why is your expression so....."Jiyeon asked.

"Oh, of course not!" I said quickly and drank my hot chocolate.

Right now, there's too many things going on in my mind that I can hardly distinguish one thing from another.

So, from what I've figured out, Taemin likes Jiyeon and Onew probably likes Tiffany.

The weird thing is, why do I feel so sad and angry? So what if my friends fell in love with the girls? It's not my problem!

It's your problem when you fell in love with one of the girls.........

But...but that's impossible! Right? I like Jiyeon as a dongsaeng and I like Tiffany as a noona! There's no other emotions.....I think.

I wanted to bang my head against the wall. I really don't know how and what I feel about them.

Jiyeon's really cute and nice to me. She has a great personality....when she doesn't keep on following me.

Do I like her? Well........I do......but not like a girlfriend!

Tiffany is really mature and smart. She's super kind and has been taking care of me ever since high school.

But do I like her? I.......I don't know.

She's been with me for so long that all my feelings for her are mixed up.

I definitely can't lose her but I can't lose Jiyeon either. And I'll miss her if she's away but I'll also miss Jiyeon in the same situation!

I tried to suppress my frustrated sigh. Just who the hell do I like???!!!

"Keybaby, you alright?" Minho seemed to notice my inner frustration.

"Yeah." I nodded and plastered a smile on my face.

I didn't want them to worry about me, but I guess only they know the difference between love and like.

I shook my head and decided to just finish this meal and continue to think about it when I'm alone.

"Thank you Tiffany noona and Jiyeon for making breakfast for us!" Shinee and I said while bowing when we all finished eating.

"It's ok." Tiffany laughed.

"I just hope it wasn't too bad." Jiyeon smiled cutely.

Everyone headed back to what they were doing before breakfast while Minho and I washed the dishes.

"Hyung.....I have a question." I asked uncertainly.

I don't know if this is a good idea but I really want to know the answer quickly.......like right now.

"What is it?" Minho questioned.

"Well, I was reading a book and in it the male main character didn't know which girl he liked. So I'm just curious about it and I want to know what's the difference between love and like." I said, lying fluently.

I'm sorry for lying to you hyung.......

"Hmm, seems like our Keybaby is growing up, now you need to learn these things. Well when you love someone, you want to be with them every single second. You want to see them as soon as you wake up and see them last before going to bed. You always think about this person and you feel lonely if they aren't here." Minho started his educational lecture.

I nodded along, half understanding it.

"And when you like someone, you just simply like them." Minho shrugged, "You don't have the urge to see them everyday, just sometimes is enough. You're happy when you are with them and you don't rely on them that much."

I thought all of these over carefully.

"But I still don't get it." I said and dipped my head to one side.

"Keybaby will understand when you find a person you love. When you love them, you just know it. You can feel it." Minho smiled after rinsing the last dish.

"Thank you hyung!" I said. Minho nodded and walked to his bedroom.

I cleaned up the kitchen and walked back upstairs.

Closing the door behind me, I lied down on my bed, thinking over Minho's words.

Ok, so to get things straight, I'll just list them out.

I want to be with Tiffany noona every second but maybe that's because she's like a family to me. I....don't really want to be with Jiyeon every second, sorry to say but sometimes she's a bit annoying.

To me, I want to see the rest of Shinee everytime I wake up or go to sleep. And that means I love Shinee! But not seeing Tiffany and Jiyeon at those times is fine.

I don't always think about Tiffany and Jiyeon, but when they aren't here, I feel kind of lonely. But then there's Shinee that's always here for me!

I sighed. From all of these evidences, the only conclusion that I made is I love Shinee. I need to see them when I wake up and before I go to sleep. If they aren't here I'll really miss them and I'll be lonely.

So officially declared, I am gay!

I laughed at my ridiculous joke but immediately stopped when I realised I still haven't figured out who I love.

Why is love so hard to identify? Why can't the person I love just have this white halo on their head so I'll know straight away?

"Lalalalala!!!! Whatever!!!!!" I sang crazily and turned up the music, throwing all these 'to love or not to love' things away from my mind. I'm still too young to think about these complicated stuff. I think I'm better off being Keybaby, rather than Keygranny.


Please comment and subscribe! Thank you!

snow_husky's secret corner:

Hello readers!!! I'm back! Kind of......Lol! I've finished all my tests and assignments this week and I'll be able to update often now! But because I'm writing 4 stories at once, so I might only be update a chapter every 2 days or something. But don't worry, my fantastic co-author kolmilyo can help me! Kekeke! But then he's busy these days so I think I'll be writing a few chapters first :)

Please do comment below!!! And for any readers who love Shinee, please check out 'Key Monster vs Jonghyun Monster' - a story that I'm currently writing. Kamsahamnida!!!