Staying Home

"KEY BABY"

Key's POV

I glanced at the clock, it was already 3:50pm. Tiffany noona went home earlier on because she had to finish her assignment.

I looked around me. Taemin sat on the couch with Minho. They were playing card games. Onew sat right infront of the TV, his eyes glued to the screen as he watched Red Rooster's advertisement for their new spicy chicken pieces. Jonghyun sat next to me, his hands playing restlessly with my small teddy which was hanging on my phone. Once in a while, he would lift his head and check what I am doing.

These were my four friends. My four best friends whom I loved, and still love, so much. They all have different personalities and hobbies.

Minho likes to play basketball and loves to wear jeans. Even though he's cold to people he doesn't know, he's actually very fun to be around with if you knew him well.

Taemin likes to sketch and paint drawings. He looks just like a kid, but he hates people calling him cute. He once said to me that he wanted to be as manly as Minho.

Onew likes chickens. He likes to eat them and cook them and play with them. Last time I went on his laptop, I was absolutely shocked. His wallpaper was a picture of a chicken. His computer icons were chickens. His internet explorer's colour was yellow- just like the colour of fried chickens. That's why Jonghyun likes to call him 'chicken boy'.

And speaking of Jonghyun, he's actually very nice. Sure he likes to joke around and play pranks on people, but he also has a very kind heart. He lost his parents when he was only 10. But that didn't make him always depressed and melancholy. He was quite the opposite - funny, cheerful and optimistic. That's why I love him so much. Not that I'm gay :P If I was a girl, I would surely date him.

I'm very grateful that God gave me all these fantastic friends. If one day, I had to lose one of them, then I think a part of myself would go missing as well. It would be as if I lost a limb. I can't function properly without these four friends cheering me on. They are already a part of me now.

"Kibum, what are you thinking right now?" Jonghyun asked curiously.

"Hmm? Nothing." I replied halfheartedly as I played with my fingers.

"Come on, tell me! I can see you're thinking of something." Jonghyun pressed on. His eyes eagerly searched for mine.

"I was thinking how lucky I am to have such great friends." I smiled.

"AWW, that's so touching!" Jonghyun said and hugged me. I patted his arm and rested my head on his shoulders.

"Hey! Let's play a game!" Taemin suggested. There were dancing lights behind his eyes. Why's he so excited??

"What game?" Minho asked as he put his cards down.

"Truth or Dare! Oh come on hyungs!" Taemin revealed and begged us to play.

"Ok ok. I'll go find a glass bottle." I said as I jumped off the bed and walked to the kitchen.

Hmm, this one will do. I grabbed the bottle and ran back upstairs.

They were already sitting in a circle. I sat next to Onew and placed the bottle in the middle. Since it was my birthday, they let me spin the bottle first. Oh bottle, please don't point to me! I'll clean you everyday if you don't point at me! I prayed long and hard and finally spun the bottle.

It spun and spun and spun and spun. Finally it stopped. Pointing to Minho. The other end pointed to Jonghyun. Yay! Thank you bottle! I love you!

"Truth or dare?"Jonghyun asked.

"Truth always." Minho replied.

"When was your first kiss?" Jonghyun asked.

"When I was 9. My dog  my lips." Minho said truthfully.

"Hahaha!!! A DOG???" I laughed as I imagined Minho sharing a french kiss with his dog.

"Next!" Minho spun the bottle. It turned around and around. Finally settling on Onew. The other end on Taemin.

"Truth or dare?" Taemin asked playfully.

"Truth!" Onew said straightaway.

"Uhh, if all the chickens disappeared from the world, what would you do?" Taemin asked curiously.

"GO TO MARS TO FIND MY CHICKEN!"Onew replied loudly.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQunHeT1zriHrm6UY4HKzv

"Lol, how are you gonna go to Mars?" I asked, amused by Onew's facial expression.

"Hmm, I didn't think of that." Onew mumbled and lowered his head.

The room burst out with laughter. Ohhh, Onew was too funny, what with his love for chickens and his confused mind.

"Okay, my turn!" Onew spun the bottle with a flick of his wrist.

I closed my eyes, hoping it won't be me. Not that I have anything to hide! I just....just don't know what to do when they ask me the questions.

"Aha! It's Key and Jonghyun!" Minho shouted excitedly. I opened my eyes and cursed. It point right at me! Damn you bottle!!!!!

"Kekeke, what should we ask Keybaby?" Jonghyun whispered to the others. They huddled close to him as they tried to find a good question to ask me. I looked at my fingers nervously.

"What's the most embarrassing thing that happened to you?" Jonghyun asked, his lips tugging up into a bad boy smile.

Oh my god, you Jonghyun! I was so scared that he'll ask this question.........Oh wait......

"Hey! I didn't say truth or dare yet! I'm doing dare!" I protested as I laughed inside. Kekeke, now you can't ask me that question!

"I dare you to replay the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you!" Jonghyun smirked.

I cursed him two thousand times in my brain. Isn't that already the same thing??? Either way, they'll know what happened.

"Hmph, fine! I'm doing truth!" I said grumpily. At least it's better than replaying it infront of them!

"Ok ok, tell us!" Taemin urged as they huddled close to me.

"Okay. So when I was ten, this guy put a snail down my pants..........and then I was trying to take it out when a girl screamed, "That's my snaillie!" Then she................tugged off my pants right infront of everyone. And the most embarrassing part was that the snail was on my THING, you know? So she had to pull and grab the snail off my THING.................." I shivered and dipped my head down. It was the worst nightmare ever!

Silence settled in the room. What the heck? Aren't they supposed to laugh to death or something? Or maybe they think it's not funny?

I raised my head and looked at them. They had on a very serious face and there wasn't a hint of laughter on their lips. Are they paralysed or something?? Maybe I have magic powers?!!!!

"Pssssttttt..........." Jonghyun started. His body shaked violently.

"Mwwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Minho began his deafening laugh. The silence suddenly shattered as they started laughing as if they'd won two billion dollars.

I sighed and lowered my head. I knew this laugh was going to continue for about four million years.

Then, a smile crept onto my lips. It was nice, hearing their carefree laughter. And knowing that I was the person who made them laugh :)

For the next two hours, we played X-Box and Wii, then we ordered three pizzas and four boxes of fried chicken for dinner. Sometimes, simplicity is the best thing!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please comment XD Also, i just want to say that i'm not erted.................I just can't think of anything funny so I just wrote that :P