Late Night Phonecall

Public Relations

Grrrr this is my second time typing this because I lost it all ><

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I turned over in my bed and scratched my head, looking at the new text Hoya sent me.

Can I call you?

I looked at the time, 1:33 AM. Why would he want to call me? We've been texting non-stop all week, but it makes sense because the last time we actually spoke was at the athletics event. Before I could even reply to his text, my phone vibrated. Hoya was calling.

"Yo-yoboseyo?" I stuttered quietly, answering his call.

I heard him laugh, "Why are you stuttering?"

"I didn't!" I whispered harshly, "Why are you calling?"

Something clicked, did he turn on the lights? "Sure, you didn't... I just wanted to hear you."

"B-bwoh? Wae?" Why would he want to hear me?

"I just want to, don't worry." I could tell that he was smiling, "What are you doing?"

"Lying in bed and whispering to you." I stated simply and pulled my blanket over my head.

He laughed again, "Are your members asleep?"

I nodded and then realized he couldn't see, "Ah, stupid!" I smacked myself.

"You just nodded, didn't you?"

"...Yeah..." 

"That's so cute!"

I blushed, "Uh huh, sure. So are you the only one up?"

"Yup, but luckily for me, the guys sleep like rocks!" He yelled, I pulled my phone from my ear.

"Yah! Don't make me deaf!" I half whispered.

"Ah, mianhe. Hmm, are you in your bra and shorts like on Mnet?" He asked cheekily.

I blushed furiously, "Yah! Why are you thinking about that? And no, I'm not, I'm in my tiger kigurumi!"

He was laughing again, "I was just wondering, you're in your tiger one? I'm wearing my giraffe one! We should have a sleepover in them sometime."

"I don't think netizens would like the idea of us having a sleepover." 

"They don't have to know, plus, a lot of them have respect for you from what you said."

I thought about it, "I still have tons that hate me though."

He sighed, "Don't think about them, we all have antis, even if we're number one in Kpop, they'll find something to hate. Even though they say bad stuff, they still are a fan because they pay attention to us. The people who don't care about us are the worst."

I nodded again, "That's true, they're at least watching and listening to us."

I heard him yawn, "You didn't know I was deep, huh?"

"Deep?" I laughed, "That's deep? Ah, I guess. If you're tired, you can sleep."

"Nah, I'd rather talk with you."

My heart started to beat faster, "Why? No one ever likes talking to me..." It's true... No one would ever pay attention to me back home.

"You're different, you're easy to talk to and fun. I don't understand how people didn't want to talk to you or how you've never had a boyfriend." His voice lowered.

I went quiet, he had to be lying.  I'm awkward, chubby, scratch chubby, in this society I'm fat, and not pretty. I know why people didn't talk to me and why guys didn't like me.

"Rei?" Hoya called.

"Mm." I answered just enough to show that I was still on the line.

"Trust me."

I gulped, that was the hardest thing to do. I've always been led on, let down, and lied to.

I heard him breathe a few times, "Rei, I promise you, you can trust me."

His words were strong and sounded sincere. "You... You won't leave me, right?"

"I will not leave you."

A tear ran down my cheek and I sighed. My stomach clenched and my heart was pounding. "I trust you." Please, don't be like the others, Lee Howon.

"Don't cry, I don't know why you're like this, but you don't have to tell me. Just know, I'll always be here."

I wiped my tears, wondering how I had already become so close to him in just a week and how he could even see something in me. I went silent again, my eyes started getting heavier and I yawned.

 

Majubogo haryeodeon geu mal
Chama haji mot haedeon geu mal
Na jeonhajido mothan chae tto tteona
I jarie honja dugo tteonagane

I fell asleep to Hoya singing, not even realizing that I still had the phone pressed to my face as I drifted off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Rei, Rei, Rei. Wake uuuupppp."

I rubbed my eyes, feeling my blanket on top of my face.

"Rei, are you awake?" I heard Hoya's voice... Why?

"Wha? Hoya?" I asked sleepily.

I heard his laugh, "Good morning, beautiful. You fell asleep on the phone, I ended up listening to your calm breathing until I fell asleep."

I blushed, it was becoming a routine, "Good morning." I replied shyly, "You could've hung up."

"I didn't want to, but I have to go practice now. I'll talk to you later."

I smiled, "Ok, don't wear yourself out in practice. Bye bye."

He laughed again, "I'll try not to, bye."

We hung up and kicked happily in my bed. Ah, but I can't feel like this! Hoya is just my friend! I can't even have a relationship, I just debuted! But he called me beautiful! I squirmed again and hugged my pillow. I'll just try to fall back asleep, I'll be calm again when I wake up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yayyyyyy chapter 3! Was it good? lol I hope so... It's just a phone convo... but I wish it would happen!!!!!! Also, like I said it's based off my fanatsy, so.... These things are my true feelings most of the time... Well, I hope you liked it and please comment!

Oh! and the song is Voice Of My Heart by Infinite (of course!) I was listening to it while typing this ^_^