Soccer

Public Relations

Rei sighed as she tied her short, brown hair into a pony. Today is her first variety show, but not just an ordinary recording, it was a sports special with most of the groups in Kpop. Her manager told her it would be a good place to make friends since the only people she knew were her group mates. 

Rei looked around at the other girl idols in the locker room. She let out another sigh and looked down at her chubby body, she poked her tummy. At least she was able to say that she had height and s, standing at five foot six and wearing a C-cup bra. She couldn't say her face was too great, pudgy cheeks, thin lips. Her eyes were the best she thought, she had slightly big, brown eyes, she had a cute eye smile when she laughed.

"Everyone, it's time to go out to the field." One of the shows directors called in the locker room.

Rei started walking out, tying on her name tag under her arms, the teams were separated by age, she was part of the '93 line.

"P.O, Taemin, L.Joe, Chun Ji," Rei started to list off the people she knew who were her age, "Sung Jong, Jiyeon, Luna...  Hmmm I guess I'll see the rest when I get placed in the group." She shrugged.

Rei stepped out onto the field, shocked. There had to be at least one hundred idols covering the field and hundreds of fans in the stands. She spotted a poster for the '93 line and headed over, already spotting several others there.

As she walked closer she noticed the twin sisters from Co-Ed and T-Ara, Hwa Young and Hyo Young, Taemin and Luna were talking together, and B1A4's maknae, Gongchan was sitting, picking at the grass. Rei bowed as she reached the group and introduced herself, they all waved and said hi, but nothing else.

Rei huffed, she didn't want to join any of them because they all seemed happy, plus, she didn't want to embarrass herself with her poor Korean. She sat down a few feet from all of them and waited for someone to talk to her.

"I got that supa luv!" Rei looked up and saw L.Joe and Chun Ji from Teen Top standing at the front of the group, again, the others waved and greeted them.

L.Joe looked over at Rei and started to walk over to her. Rei had some hope of friend in L.Joe because he had lived in California for a while and knew English.

"Hey! It's Rei, right?" L.Joe sat down on the grass next to her, "I don't usually speak English, but I will with you."

"Yea, I'm Rei, you don't have to speak English just for me." She rubbed that back of her neck, she was awkward talk to L.Joe when she was his fan and read fanfics about him. 

L.Joe smiled, "Well, I need to make sure I don't forget it, so it's good for me to speak English."

Rei gave a small nod and looked up, P.O from Block B was just joining the group, he came over and sat in Rei's small group.

"I saw on twitter that you're our fan, so I'll sit with you." He showed off some adorable aegyo while speaking, "Also, you know that Kyung can speak English, I'll introduce you to him later." He patted my head.

"Ah, thanks." Rei showed off her eye smile and then layed back onto the grass, L.Joe and P.O following suit. 

Chun Ji layed his head down on L.Joe's stomach after seeing the others lay down. The four had their own conversation about things they liked until Infinite's maknae appeared. All the members of the '93 line were in the group, but only L.Joe, Chun Ji, P.O, and Sung Jong were talking with Rei.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Events had started, but Rei wasn't in any yet, her first event was soccer. Out of all the events so far, the '93 line had lost all. Sung Jong lost at hurdles, Taemin lost at sprint, Luna lost at arm-wrestling, Rei didn't pay much attention to the other events because they bored her and she knew they would keep losing. She had played around with P.O and Kyung a bit and exchanged numbers with them, along with L.Joe and Chun Ji. Sung Jong had ran off and sulked with Dong Woo after losing the hurdles.

"Up next is one on one soccer." One of the announcers spoke through the loudspeaker.

Rei stood up from her spot on the grass, "That's me." She said and waved bye to the boys.

Once she got to the small soccer pitch she started stretching, she didn't know when it would be her turn or who she was playing, but she at least felt confident since she had been playing soccer for twelve years.

She looked at the other idols stretching, they were all boys. She saw Doo Joon from BEAST on the far side of the pitch, Seung Hyun from FT Island, Junho from 2PM, Seung Ho from MBLAQ, Dong Ho from U-KISS, Kevin from ZE:A, and Hoya from Infinite.

She saw the match-up list on a board, she would first play Dong Ho, Seung Hyun and Hoya are playing each other, Doo Joon and Junho, Kevin and Seung Ho. 

The referee explained the rules, the main one: first one to three goals wins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

REI POV

The first round of games had finished, Seung Ho, Doo Joon, Hoya, and I had won. My next opponent was Infinite's dance machine, Hoya.

We both stepped to the center of the pitch and shook hands, I pulled my hand back at a slight electric shock. Hoya felt as well and laughed showing off his canine teeth. The ref pointed at me and told me to make a call on the coin.

"Tails." I spoke as he flipped they coin, caught it, and flipped onto the back of his hand. Tails it was. I would be starting.

I placed my right foot on top of the soccer ball. The ref blew his whistle, I quickly faked left and kicked the ball to the right of Hoya and sprinted after it. As soon as I was able to place my foot on the ball again, I shot it at the goal, quickly gaining my first point.

I turned around, Hoya still at the center of the pitch with his mouth hanging open. The fans in the stands cheered and so did the other idols watching. I could hear Woohyun and Sung Gyu laughing and shouting things at Hoya.

I jogged back and smiled at Hoya once I stood in front of him. The ref kicked the ball to Hoya and he placed his foot on it just like I did. The ref blew the whistle and Hoya quickly did a nutmeg and sprinted past me, one thing I couldn't match was his speed, he scored just as quickly as I did. Again, the crowd went crazy. Hoya sent me a quick smirk and stood in front of me. 

Right as the ref whistled, I pulled the ball back a bit and turned away from Hoya. I planned to quickly break away, but Hoya pushed himself against my back and tried to get around me to the ball. I was lucky, his long legs weren't much of an advantage because I was close to his height. I leaned my back into his chest, it would be easier for me to break off while pushing him away. As quick as I could, I kicked the ball to our left and made my way towards the small goal, Hoya quickly caught up with me and tried to push me out, I did another pullback and twisted around him, scoring once again. Hoya and I walked up to the center, we were starting to lose our breath.

Hoya patted my back and we faced each other again at the center, it was his start again. He started to the left, but pulled the ball back to the right, I had already called it in my head and was able to intercept the ball and dashed past him. I took a shot and made the final goal. Everyone cheered, most shocked that I had won.

"You're amazing." Hoya walked off the pitch next to me and we headed for the water. 

I smiled, "You're pretty good too." I took a chug of water and looked at the board. Doo Joon had won his match, I'd be playing him. 

"Rei," I looked up at Hoya who was holding at his phone, "Let's exchange numbers." He smiled.

I took his phone from his hand and punched in my number, I heard the ref calling me over to play, "Gotta go beat Doo Joon now. Text me, okay?" I smiled.

Hoya nodded, "Good luck."

"Thanks." I jogged off onto the pitch to play BEAST's leader, he was also my ideal brother when I was a normal fangirl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ended up beating Doo Joon, he had me losing for a while, but I was finally able to trip him up with some of my intense moves. The '93 line was able to win one event at least, we lost every other one. P.O, L.Joe, Chun Ji, and Sung Jong were still the only ones that talked to me from our age group, but it didn't bother me because they were the coolest. 

I changed out of my sports clothes in the locker room, slipping on a black tank, white skinny jeans, and a purple hoodie. I grabbed my phone out of my locker, I had seven new texts. I was the only one who had left my phone in the locker room. I walked out the locker room and met up with my manager, Dae Hyun. Once I was in the van with the other girls, I read my texts.

I clicked on the first unknown number.

It's Kyung!

I saved his number and sent a reply back.

Oppa, I'm saving you as Cucumber ^_~

I went to the next text.

Hey, it's L.Joe :)

Again, I saved it and replied and did the same with the following four texts from Chun Ji, P.O, Sung Jong, and Doo Joon.

I clicked on the last text.

Congrats on winning, you're amazing ^^ Let's play again someday~ 

-Hoya

I smiled, saved his number, and texted back.

Thanks ^o^ I'd love to play again, maybe you'll beat me ;) keke

I shut my phone and pulled out my iPod. I played Can U Smile as I leaned my head back and drifted to sleep in the van.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ah.... was it good? Hmmm like I said, I'm writing this off what I've been fanatsizing the this last week aha so it might not be too good... It seems long too... Well.... Leave your comments ^_^