Drop the act

Pure Love

 

 

 

It's really simple how to attract someone to you, or how to know what they feel about you.

 

That was Baekhyun's thought that he shared with Chanyeol, to help him be with Kris the person he likes, he gave him one simple task, do the opposite of what you usually do with him, have an opinion and show him that you got a life.

Because if he knew one thing about Chanyeol the first day they've met, it would be his feelings for Kris. The way he obeys him, talk to him respectfully more than others, and how he didn't dare to get him furious.

Chanyeol was determined to try, at first he refused; he couldn't do such a thing when all he tried was allure Kris to his cave the nice way, but Baekhyun was determined to give him what he wants, also. He used threatening; he threatened to tell Kris about exposing their plans to him, if he did not do what he told him to.

 

"Pass me the salt" Kris stretched his hand toward a daydreaming Chanyeol "Chanyeol!" Kris tried to get his attention for the second time.

Luhan and Xiumin looked at him as well, he just sat there starring at Kris, absent minded, so Luhan offered to take the salt and give it to Kris who thanked him and then asked their new member sitting next to Luhan "Is there something wrong?"

 

"Maybe it's because Baekhyun is not around" Luhan replaid "You're always standing next to him and keep an eye on what he does" not knowing that the only reason he did that is so Baekhyun won't do something to hurt Kris, such as when he voted against him.

 

"Yeah, it's been 2 weeks since we last saw him" Xiumin said "Maybe he misses him" Chanyeol took straight lines of noodles with his chopsticks as he carelessly replied.

 

"I don't miss him" it was the appropriate replay for this situation, he spent the last 2 weeks going to Baekhyun's apartment at night to tell him how he is supposed to act and what he is supposed to say in a certain situation.

 

"You can say that but it's obvious you've changed ever since he started avoiding us," Kris asked "Do you like him?" Chanyeol threw what he had back to the bowl and said loud enough.

 

 

"I said I don't" he felt nervous for a second for what he's done, he never let Kris know he's gay, therefore it would've been enough to say 'I don't like guys' however, Baekhyun advised him not to be even and be rough with his words instead, because that is what drags attention, not being familiar with the rest of the people, so he stood up immediately and took the tray to it's place after saying "Now, excuse me, I have a lecture to attend"

When his figure disappeared among the crowd of students, Luhan looked at Kris and asked him.

 

"You think he told him about our plan? Otherwise, I don't see a reason to why he abandoned us out of the blue" it was a matter of noticing, the only person Baekhyun talks to privately is Chanyeol, and it's the way they found out Baekhyun wanted to rejoin the group, also. They made their plan with him around, trusting that the 4 years they spent together counted for something, but it was a matter of a day or two before Baekhyun began to avoid them, and he got to admit that he does it perfectly somehow.

Kris puts down the salt, removing his eyes just now to where Chanyeol went off.

"I never thought he would be the kind to do that, I thought he liked me" he laid on the chair feeling disappointed.

 

"Maybe he gave up on you," Xiumin said, even when he was on Chanyeol's side, disagreeing with their plan "It's been 4 years and when he followed you to this college you acted like you don't know him"

 

"But I DID not recognize him…" Kris defended himself; he checked the watch to see that they had fifteen minutes before their next lecture "Why would I remember a 'guy' who had a crush on me while I was dating? My girlfriend would've thought I'm gay" Luhan pushed his tray aside to Chanyeol's place, to put his elbows on the table and face Kris with facts.

 

"Well, where is she now? You at least should've had the courtesy to remember him when you wouldn't pass high school without him and we wouldn't buy the car without him, too" Luhan said, if Chanyeol told Baekhyun because he's really given up on Kris, then, they might be getting into bigger problems than they accounted for.

 

"What do you want me to do then? Go public with my orientation of being newly gay and ask Chanyeol out to a date to figure out how much he told Baekhyun" Kris answered sarcastically, however, Luhan looked at him seriously, approving his none planned for idea.

 

 

 

***********************************************

 

 

Baekhyun was walking in the corridor, paying attention to his new ipad from his mom. Apparently, when his mom new that he hasn't seen anybody the past two weeks, she assumed her son gone straight again and therefore she decided to reward him.

 

Not to mention he tried to make it clear to her that he was helping a guy he likes to be with another guy he does not like to fulfill a promise he made, he could not resist the ipad, instead of carrying a couple of 500 pages a book, he can download them online in this little intelligent device.

 

"Baekhyun," Chanyeol approached him from behind; giving him a slight push on the shoulders, the shorter guy turned off his device to hold it aside the minute Chanyeol stood beside him and asked "You're heading to your lecture?"

 

"Yes, just like you I bet," he looked around him carefully "Where are the others? We can't be seen together" he told him clearly as he explained it to him before, Chanyeol relaxed him and told him they're still having lunch at the cafeteria.

 

"I did as you told me, I showed no interest in answering Kris the way he pleases and I can tell it irked him" Chanyeol thought as he walked side by side with Baekhyun to their lecture "He actually did not look through me for the first time in years" Baekhyun smiled for the guy and told him.

 

"Because straight guys think low of us, unless you show them what you can do, they'll just think you're a for liking a di…"

"I get it…" Chanyeol stopped him before he spells the word "I can't help but to believe you this time, I don't want to be looked down at anymore"

 

"You shouldn't have let it happen from the first place, people like us have to look for our rights ourselves," Baekhyun walked further away to tell him "Let's go separately to the lecture," he turned to tell him with his smile "See you tonight" Chanyeol waved his hand to say.

 

"9 o'clock" as he saw Baekhyun run to the stairs, and he stopped to press the elevator button on his right.

 

At the medium sized hall, Jaejoong finished his attending list and put down his notebook when Baekhyun rushed inside.

"Damn it, I almost made it" he said, and went to his seat, acknowledging that Jaejoong has already checked his name.

 

"It's either you come ten minutes earlier or you're getting really fast" Jaejoong said, looking at Baekhyun's back walking the stairs to the back seats.

 

"Yeah, whatever" he carelessly said, and Jaejoong just let it go like he did the past two weeks and began his lecture, opening his pen.

 

Baekhyun had an ipad, and as he sat in the other corner of the hall from Chanyeol, he turned it on again to open the app to his lecture book.

 

"I appreciate your participation today…" Jaejoong closed his pen for today "Be sure to finish your projects on time and study hard for next week exam…" and he concluded "Good luck" he left the hall, followed by other students.

In the corridor, a guy stood nervously, walking back and forth while trying to hide his face, a lot of students where going out but none of them were Chanyeol. He stopped for a second and turned to the door to see if he was anywhere to be spotted, instead he saw Baekhyun making an appearance.

 

"Baekhyun," he thought, and the two made an eye connection that Baekhyun broke the next second to continue his way "Right, they have the same classes" he said, and then Chanyeol appeared, so he had to stop him right away "Chanyeol" he yelled out, the guy turned to the person who shout his name.

"Hey!" he said, unpleasantly, when he was about to drop the act with a smile "What's up?" he headed toward him, wondering the reason he had to come all the way to his lecture, something he never did "Kris-Hyung"

 

"I wanted to talk to you," Chanyeol kept listening quietly, what made Kris more nervous "You won't say something?" he looked for a yes, ok, or what is it?

 

"Are we going to steal a test?" Chanyeol said, Kris immediately held his mouth.

"I never thought of you this careless…" he had to let go of his mouth when he made no reaction "I know you don't need these tests for how smart you are, but don't you ever try to ruin it on us. Is there something you're angry about?"

 

"I have a lot of things to be angry about, if that's what you mean" Chanyeol said, Baekhyun told him once 'If Kris ever asked you 'What's wrong with you?' be sure to tell him everything you ever done for him and what you sacrificed in your life to do so' and since he didn't want to let him know, he simply tried to dodge the question; hoping he won't go any deeper.

 

"Am I one of the things you’re angry about?" Kris looked at him seriously, with his sad eyes, Chanyeol's heart skipped a beat, he felt guilty for saying that however, he can't ruin what they worked on all this time, as he thought of that Kris had the time to say one more thing before Chanyeol replied "I'm sorry" it meant honesty for Chanyeol, that he apologized without knowing if he actually done something.

 

"You’re not one of the things I'm angry about," Chanyeol told him what he thought of honestly "But you're one of the things why I'm angry about myself" he looked at his watch, he had to keep himself busy and spend less time with Kris, so he can realize how much time he already has spent with him.

 

"Is there anything else you want from me?" he said, at the same time he received a text message "One second" he wore a smile unintentionally, and took out his cell-phone 'Accept anything he offers' it was a message from Baekhyun, though he asked him before to act hard to get, something seems to change his mind meanwhile.

 

"You seem busy" Chanyeol raised his head, when his actions seemed to be working, he put the phone back in his pocket and listened to what Kris has to say "I'll make this quick," he said "Are you free tomorrow?"

"Yes, for a date and no for other things," Chanyeol answered immediately as a joke, but Kris did not take it seriously either ways because he already knows about his feelings "What do you want from me?" and his request was a bit similar to Chanyeol's idea.

 

"A get to know you kind of thing" Kris said, while looking around, he said it with a low voice what made Chanyeol sad, so he turned to his right and started waking away as he said.

 

"4 years should've been enough" Kris followed him begging.

"Come on, you’re not rejecting me are you?" Kris felt humiliated when he thought Chanyeol would agree right away, but Chanyeol disagreed with Baekhyun in that point and he wanted to play hard to get a little longer.

 

"Really…? It seems exactly what I'm doing" he looked at him walking beside him, Kris features changed as he held his shoulders to stop him and asked.

 

"Ok, what happened to you? We used to be great together" Chanyeol decided to answer his third 'What's wrong with you?' kind of question.

 

"We were great together when you could save me from a punch of bullies to feel strong yourself, and be popular, we were great together when you was the nice guy helping the nerd student and keeping him beside you, we also were great together when you were late with your home works and sometimes I had to give you mine, we were great when I was sitting next to you in exams and when I was giving you private lessons and when I helped complete the car payment and once again I was great with you when I signed up to this college to be with you, when you didn't even bother to remember me" Kris let go of his shoulders.

 

"I don't think I can just apologize for that, can I?" Chanyeol said.

"No, soldier, you'll need much more than that" and left him again, without him following him this time.

 

*******************************************

 

 

"I'm back" Baekhyun said, holding grocery bags to his kitchen "What were you doing the whole day?" he asked the person sitting on the couch against the open kitchen but he did not replay.

 

He sighed, taking out the orange juice and milk to put it in the refrigerator along with the other stuff he bought.

"You could at least shave you know, it's embarrassing to have Chanyeol over and you're sitting there like this" he closed the refrigerator door and turned to him again "Yunho, it's been two weeks for god sake, get over it"

 

He decided to distribute the groceries into place later, and decided to have another chat with his previous teacher and current friend; he took a seat next to him, when Yunho's eyes were on the phone.

 

 

"He won't call because he said so, but you know who's calling you? The school, as long as you don't want to work for your father you'll need to keep this job," being nice was something he quit last week, the person was half dead, he was either looking at the phone or asleep next to it, and he already lost some weight.

 

He could tell what kind of shock he was in that he had to send his boyfriend to America after their parents got married for five years and when he was finally back, Jaejoong was the one to break it off, when he was dying to make a connection with him and Baekhyun could tell this shock was even stronger. He considered calling Jaejoong himself to let him come talk some sense into him, but he thought if their situation was like this, where the only way they can show love to each other was looking at each other in the eye, then, Yunho needed to go over it, but it seems to be taking longer than he thought.

 

"Yunho, it's the middle of the month you'll need to confirm accounts for your apartment before it's confiscated" Yunho took a large amount of air.

 

"Its yearly payment" Baekhyun widened his eyes; it was the first thing he heard from him in two weeks.

 

"It is, I see…" Baekhyun smiled and tried not to let this chance go "And the school?"

 

"Emergency day off's for the year"

 

"Awesome, you got it covered" Baekhyun thought of something else to say "What do you want to have for dinner?" Yunho sighed, Baekhyun held his hands to his chest; thinking that he exceeded his luck.

 

"Noodles" Yunho said, "I want to take a shower" Baekhyun's eyes went sparkly when he mentioned the shower.

 

"Do so, please…" he said, he never thought he'll have to open a window in this apartment this bad before "I'll cook you the best Ramen you'll ever taste" Baekhyun stood up ready to cook, when Yunho stayed in his place… looking at the phone.

 

An hour later, the dishes clicked with each other as they were taken out to the bar in front of the oven, the hot noodles where ready to be served and the shower Yunho was taking could be heard all the way from Baekhyun's room. Baekhyun turned off the fire and filled up three bowls with Ramen, the moment the door bell rang and the water was turned off.

 

"Perfect" Baekhyun said, and left to open the door for Chanyeol.

 

"Good smell" Chanyeol said, as soon as he entered, he looked at the living room to see a missing person "Where is your teacher?"

"Taking a shower," Baekhyun said, happily "He wanted me to make him Ramen, come I made extra for you" Chanyeol went over to sit next to Baekhyun on the bar.

 

"Thank you" he said, then Yunho came out with a black shorts and a white t-shirt, the two turned to him, holding the towel around his neck when Chanyeol replied amazingly "I never thought you had cloths that fits him" Baekhyun almost had a flushed face but he was used to this kind of situations when there is 13 cm difference between him and his teacher.

 

"These are my pants," Baekhyun said, Chanyeol chuckled with embarrassment to think they were originally shorts "And the T-shirt was something I stole from my older brother when he didn't agree to make me borrow money from him couple of months ago, this thing cost 200$"

 

"Are you short in cash?" Yunho asked, joining them on the bar.

 

"Not anymore" Baekhyun gave a deceiving smile, ignoring their gaze as he started eating his noodles.

"Ok," Chanyeol said, knowing that the reason Baekhyun didn't ask is because he is supposed to give him a daily report of what happened since he is not there with them.

 

"He asked me out and I refused his offer" Baekhyun stopped eating for a second, not to choke and gave Chanyeol a serious glares while Yunho was enjoying his plate behind him.

 

"You know, I had noodles for lunch today, also" Chanyeol tried to change the subject "I remembered that you like them this much so"

 

"Tell me you're kidding" Baekhyun let go of the chopsticks in his hand "You're telling me that I wasted 2 weeks walking alone in the corridors, and checking your messages not to go to the place you guys are in…"

 

"I'm really sorry, but he wanted to get to know me and it hurt me, we've been together for four years" Chanyeol said, as he leave the group he goes back to his innocent self, a thing that Baekhyun knew even when he hoped that what he taught him will stick with him as a habit.

 

Baekhyun placed his forefinger on the table to tell him "Sometimes I had to take a long way to the other bathroom just because you were hanging in there…" he said, remembering how long he had to hold his bladder and how much it bothered him "If there is one thing you should not care about at this point is your ing feeling do you hear me" he said loudly.

 

"At least I made him apologize to me" Baekhyun chuckled for what he heard, he just gave up and for the thousand time, to make Chanyeol care any less for the things he calls principals. Principals like, giving your friend the benefit of the doubt, apologizing if you were wrong, never swear to anyone.

 

"Chanyeol I'm sorry to tell you but apologizing is casual," he said, as he had to explain it to him like any other thing "No one actually mean it, and now you just ruined the perfect chance just because he apologized" as Chanyeol looked down, he remembered Baekhyun's message from today after they left the lecture and he had to ask him in person.

 

"You knew he was going to ask me out?" the two were facing each other as they were having this conversation, Yunho in the other hand just finished his bowl and took Baekhyun's one to continue eating.

 

"Kris is arrogant enough for the both of us in this matter," Baekhyun pointed out "The reason I asked you to help me get away from your club is to make them suspect you"

 

"Suspect me in what?" Chanyeol wanted more explination.

 

"It was a matter of time, your friends had a plan to put me in place, and as long as I'm not around they won't be able to execute it, for them you're the one who found me and also you're the only one I'm speaking with so if the plan that you guys shared in private was somehow passed to me, the only one they would think of as the criminal would be…"

 

"Me…" Chanyeol said with shock, Baekhyun might have been teaching him how to act with them all along, but his real intention was to make Kris go in a date with him for "They wanted to spy on me?" but then he realized "Wait, Kris doesn't know that I like him" Baekhyun shook his forefinger to tell Chanyeol.

 

"You haven't told him… yes, but the guy knows your feelings pretty well, otherwise he wouldn't use you to his advantage"

 

"And I the one who didn’t want our first date to be a lie" Chanyeol felt disappointed and angry at the same time.

"I knew it wasn't just about the get to know you thing, you should be more honest with me in the future"

"It doesn’t matter anymore," Chanyeol placed he elbows on the bar, giving up the whole Kris thing "How can I ever be with him if this is what he thinks of me" he said, and received a hit on his head from Baekhyun because of being underestimated and told him.

 

"Don't you dare ask me for help and then give up without my permission," he stood up, "Let's hope he would call you, we're continuing our discussion after I return from the bathroom" and left Chanyeol with Yunho alone.

 

"Will you stop wasting his time," Yunho said, when he heard the bathroom door close, Chanyeol turned to look at him wondering the reason he said that.

"What are you talking about?" Yunho looked at him in return and said.

"I've seen you two for the past two weeks, when he was trying to win you that Kris guy and I could tell you were really into it in the first days"

 

"That's why I'm giving up now, because I'm not into it anymore, I'm not wasting his time" Chanyeol chuckled when he thought that was what he meant but Yunho told him.

"Drop the act Chanyeol, you obviously are falling for him"  

 

  

****************************************************************************************************

 

Hey :) finally the next chapter

I can't keep apologizing for the delay but my finals are in 2 weeks so

I really wanted to spice it up a bit in this chapter *-* *Crossing fingers* Did I do well? I don't think I'm moving too fast

but tell me if you think so, I can tottaly slow it down.

After all I'm done with Elixir so I have extra time for this story