Backfire

The Unofficial Couple & the -Blocking Siblings!

"You-You did what?!" Sungmi's jaw dropped to the ground as Gina just finished her story of what went down in class. 

Jonghwan couldn't help but stare down at the ground with sad eyes. S-She's going on a date? With another guy?

"I set you up with the cutest guy ever," She repeated. "He's blonde too~" 

"So?" Sungmi didn't mean to sound rude but she had just told her best friend this morning about her and Jonghwan. 

"Pleaseee... I really like Junhyung, and he said he'd rather go on a double date.." She gave Sungmi her puppy dog eyes. Sungmi sighed and turned away with a sorrowful look. 

"I-I'm sorry.. I can't.." She said. 

It broke her heart that she had to decline Gina's request but it was such a ridiculous question. She wouldn't 'cheat' on Jonghwan just like that. 

No... Don't sacrifice your friendship for me.. I want you to be able to do whatever you desire.. I didn't want to be a wall that would stop you from doing what you really want. 

"I think you should go.." The two girls turned to Jonghwan with surprised eyes. 

"What?" Gina asked with disbelief. Sungmi's heart fell right to the ground. Her chest rapidly filled with pain and she began to gently tremble. 

I.. I guess.. You really don't want me.. I guess.. You never wanted to make me yours.. I must be that great of a disappointment. 

"He's right." She softly spoke. 

Jonghwan and Gina snapped their heads back towards her. She lifted her head with a fake smile. "Tell that cutie pie that I'm in.." She said. 

Gina clapped with glee, and smiled brightly. "Yaay! I could go tell oppa, you two should go get lunch first! Oppa said we should all sit together by the large tree in the back. I'll meet you there!" She said and ran off to find Junhyung. 

The two were left with an awkward silence, but soon Sungmi raised her head up at Jonghwan. 

"Let's go get lunch, I'm straving." She said and chuckled. 

He gave her a small nodded and the two began walking. 

Just friends... The two thought. 

 

"Look, there she is!" V pointed to a girl and a guy beside her walking through the entrance of the cafeteria. Jin's eyes imidiently snapped towards the two and a small smile reveal itself. 

Jungkook eyes landed on her as well and he found himself smirking. My prey is here. 

He had found Sungmi, 'interesting'. 1. She was different from other girls he had known. 2. She has the guts other girls wished they had, even if she is like a baby bunny afterwards. He found that.. cute. 3. His so-called-rolemodel Jin had taken an interest and had a soft spot for her. And he was trying to figure out if it was because they're siblings. 

Jin never mentioned any other girl in his life except for his childhood crush. But he said that they lost contact and he never saw her again. 

But their was something different about him and Sungmi. He acted in a new way that none of his friends noticed except Jung Kook, especially when BTS was talking about her. 

When BTS was first introduced to Gina, they all had sent the way the two interact, and it was quite clear what their relationship was. 

"Sungmi!!!" V called out. 

"Sweetheart!" Suga yelled across the room. 

Sungmi's head turned and she caught two arms waving widely at her and she chuckled. Together, th two began their quest over to the boys. 

Unluckily for her, BTS was quite popular at their college because of their vast looks and charming personailites. The other girls stared at Sungmi in surprise and jealousy. 

But one girl stood out from the rest, she had cat-like eyes and the body of the super model. She wore high heels, and short skirts that showed off her curves. 

But her makeup was especially heavy, which made her stand out from the rest. She wore heavy eyeshadow and eyeliner. It made her eyes pop like the yellow sun in our solar system. 

She lightly scoffed at Sungmi when she saw them heading over to BTS. "Who does she think she is? Stepping into MY territory." 

With the click-clack of her high heels, she stomped over. She gave BTS smiles and they smiled back, all except for Jin.

"RM Oppa, why didn't you tell me you had gotten a new friend? She's so cute!" She pinched Sungmi's cheeks, but purposely hard.

"Ow!" She yelped and rubbed her red stinging cheek.

"Omo! I'm so sorry!" Jonghwan flinched and reached out to check her cheek, but someone beat him to it.

Jin had grabbed her arm and pulled her into his embrace, he slightly removed her hand covering her cheek. And his eyes widened when he saw nail marks embedded into her bright red skin.

Quickly, he grabbed his cold water bottle and pressed it against her skin.

Jin didn't realize that his face were inches away from her own. And for the first time, she heavily blushed.

She felt weird having Jin's face so close to hers. I never noticed how... Handsome oppa was...

Jonghwan stared at the two with surprised and regretful eyes. That should be me.. But why couldn't I do it?

In reality, he wanted the best for her in the world, even if it wasn't him. He had just loved her too much for anything to happen. And at that time, he figured.. She didn't want to be in his embrace.

Boy, he was wrong.